Duk3

9 Hammerhead Swarm Counters?

On 6/19/2017 at 0:21 PM, Alzer said:

Is it just me. Or are MC30/Glad based lists going to love seeing HH swarms on the board? Same with VICi bomber lists. 

Demolisher will probably have a field day. It wouldn't be unreasonable to expect two kills in one activation if you manage to position for it. Victory Is maybe not as much, the Hammerheads can probably get around it if Jerjerrod isn't there. That's a big "if" though.

On 6/18/2017 at 4:42 PM, Duk3 said:

Anybody concerned about this build?

[ REBEL FLEET (381 points)
1 • Hammerhead Torpedo Corvette - General Rieekan - Task Force Antilles (69)
2 • Hammerhead Torpedo Corvette - Task Force Antilles (39)
3 • Hammerhead Torpedo Corvette - Task Force Antilles (39)
4 • Hammerhead Torpedo Corvette - Task Force Antilles (39)
5 • Hammerhead Torpedo Corvette - Task Force Antilles (39)
6 • Hammerhead Torpedo Corvette - Task Force Antilles (39)
7 • Hammerhead Torpedo Corvette - Task Force Antilles (39)
8 • Hammerhead Torpedo Corvette - Task Force Antilles (39)
9 • Hammerhead Torpedo Corvette - Task Force Antilles (39)

Since the Hammerhead was announced I've been trying to think of whether there's any real answer to this. It's just 45 hull points spreading a lot of damage around, with zombie powers. 9 activations, and you can choose to go second and have a good set of objectives they can't farm. 

Ideas from anyone? I know it'd be annoying to try to fly, with a lot of ships getting in each others' way and such, and maybe a Konstantine Interdictor fleet could cause it to ram itself to death, but in general it's just a lot of ram to consider, and K-Int fleets aren't really otherwise competitive.

Well,  this fleet just got

*sunglasses*

hammered.

*YYYYEEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHH*

3 hours ago, Ginkapo said:

Is this based on Minnesota meta...... please tell me it isnt after you so venemetly objected. 

Nah, It's based in the overall structure of the ship itself, id say it would last longer than a Neb though.

On 6/19/2017 at 0:42 PM, Hastatior said:

I heartily second this. I'm not worried about 9 HHs, I'm worried about 4 with disposable racks and balanced support

No lie, this is essentially my build. I have a Pelta and two GRs for 7 activations. The GRs act as repair crews. Pelta has projection experts and shields to maximum. There are also a few bombers in there hitching a ride on the GRs

I find lists like this really gimmicking.  Although there are several build answers, it all comes back to deployment.   By the time the most critical ship in your list is going on the table, the opponent has already committed most of the HH.