Sign in to follow this  
teh-V1s1on

Bran

Whenever you "reveal a new plot card," your previously active plot card is moved to the top of your used plots pile.  So, no, only one plot is ever in effect at one time.

The way to use Bran is to reveal a "when revealed" plot card, use its "when revealed" effect, and then use Bran to reveal a new plot card (or vice versa).  For example, you might reveal Summoning Season and search up a character and then use Bran to reveal Building Season and search up a location in the same plot phase.  The series of plots in Kings Landing Edition all have nice "when revealed" effects as well.  Alternately, you might use Bran before revealing your plot for the turn to reveal Valar Morghulis and then reveal a new plot during your regular time to reveal plots (and thus not have to be stuck with Valar's low gold, initiative, and income bonuses).

schrecklich said:

Whenever you "reveal a new plot card," your previously active plot card is moved to the top of your used plots pile.  So, no, only one plot is ever in effect at one time.

The way to use Bran is to reveal a "when revealed" plot card, use its "when revealed" effect, and then use Bran to reveal a new plot card (or vice versa).  For example, you might reveal Summoning Season and search up a character and then use Bran to reveal Building Season and search up a location in the same plot phase.  The series of plots in Kings Landing Edition all have nice "when revealed" effects as well.  Alternately, you might use Bran before revealing your plot for the turn to reveal Valar Morghulis and then reveal a new plot during your regular time to reveal plots (and thus not have to be stuck with Valar's low gold, initiative, and income bonuses).

Obvious remark, you would have to save Bran from Valar to be succesful at that. Duh.

Sorry, schrecklich, for adding this. I for one used to get pretty confused without the throughout explanation. I still do sometimes, still being a noob... :]

Pedro Lunaris said:

schrecklich said:

Obvious remark, you would have to save Bran from Valar to be succesful at that. Duh.

Sorry, schrecklich, for adding this. I for one used to get pretty confused without the throughout explanation. I still do sometimes, still being a noob... :]

Actually this is not right, at least not the way I intended my suggestion to be read.  There is an opportunity to take player actions during the plot phase before the framework action of revealing new plots for the turn.  My suggestion was that you use this opportunity to trigger Bran's effect and reveal Valar.  This action will result in Bran being killed by Valar (unless you save him).  After this (and any other players actions players choose to take at this point), the game will move the "choose and reveal plots" framework action window at which point you can reveal a new plot to replace Valar.