Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
geek19

Where's my General Han Solo commander card?

Recommended Posts

Dear FFG,

When I was young I read a book about how Han Solo was a general and he beat up Warlord Zsinj. This book was foundational to my childhood and was super great, so I badly want an Admiral card where I can put Han Solo in charge of a fleet. Until I get this card, expect daily threads about how we as players need a General Han Solo card.

Based on his reputation as lucky and brash, I think he should have the ability that once per ship I can discard anyone's dice that I want, no matter who is rolling, me or my opponent. This solidifies his status as lucky and thus reinforces my idea, which I deserve to have because he's lucky like that.

He should also only cost 23 points because that is the winning number in sabaac, which is how he won the Millennium Falcon. As a master of luck, this is very important to his status.

I hope you take my idea under some consideration. Thanks for your time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While we are wishing for formative generals:

I think we should get a General Jar Jar Binks.  Cost:  28 points.  Ability:  Whenever two friendly ships collide (ram), deal 1 additional face up damage card to an enemy ship.

:)

We are getting an Admiral Leia, so a General Solo might not be out of the question (could he work as a high-powered boarding crew instead of a Fleet Command?).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Snipafist said:

See I think that because Han shoots first that one time he should allow all of your ships an opportunity to activate and fire on the entire enemy fleet before they get to activate.

4 points sounds fair for that. Idunno. Maybe it should be cheaper?

No range restriction and it sounds balanced to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Snipafist said:

Oh yeah, how could I have forgotten that? Yes, no range restriction. Throw all the dice. He did shoot Greedo pretty close-up so it happened one time in a thing I saw.

He should also allow you to deploy your ships anywhere. I saw him drop out of hyperspace on a planet one time. He also randomly showed up in another movie to save Luke from Vader. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would it be too much to add a second clause into his ability?

At the start of each friendly ship activation, roll a red attack die.  On a [crit], set that ship's speed to '0'.

I figure there has to be some way to work in his perpetual frustrations with hyperdrive systems.

;)

Edited by puntspeedchunk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, puntspeedchunk said:

Would it be too much to add a second clause into his ability?

At the start of each friendly ship activation, roll a red attack die.  On a [crit], set that ship's speed to '0'.

I figure there has to be some way to work in his perpetual frustrations with hyperdrive systems.

;)

No, see, that actively could hurt you. It's only fair that General Solo only help you and make your opponent's life more difficult. I suggest we have that ability but on your opponent's ships. It'll make them feel the frustrations Han feels and it'll be better that way. We should probably make Han cheaper too, it's the only fair way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, cynanbloodbane said:

No no no! This is the perfect opportunity to replace that weakling Rieekan! With General Solo, friendly ships and squadrons are not removed if destroyed until the end phase of turn 6.

He is that lucky!

Additionally, if you were going to lose the game you can play a hand of Sabaac against your opponent and if he loses, then you reverse your scores. That only seems fair.

Edit: maybe 3 points then with all those rules? I feel like maybe it's too high still. I don't want people to feel like they need to choose between him and a Disposable Capacitors.

Edited by Snipafist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, cynanbloodbane said:

No no no! This is the perfect opportunity to replace that weakling Rieekan! With General Solo, friendly ships and squadrons are not removed if destroyed until the end phase of turn 6.

He is that lucky!

I don't know.  That seems pretty under-powered.  What are you conceptualizing as your point cost for this Admiral?

When I read this, I think it needs to be -20.

;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/17/2017 at 10:38 AM, geek19 said:

Dear FFG,

When I was young I read a book about how Han Solo was a general and he beat up Warlord Zsinj. This book was foundational to my childhood and was super great, so I badly want an Admiral card where I can put Han Solo in charge of a fleet. Until I get this card, expect daily threads about how we as players need a General Han Solo card.

Based on his reputation as lucky and brash, I think he should have the ability that once per ship I can discard anyone's dice that I want, no matter who is rolling, me or my opponent. This solidifies his status as lucky and thus reinforces my idea, which I deserve to have because he's lucky like that.

He should also only cost 23 points because that is the winning number in sabaac, which is how he won the Millennium Falcon. As a master of luck, this is very important to his status.

I hope you take my idea under some consideration. Thanks for your time!

Well...?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ardaedhel said:

Well...?

I'm going to blame my lack of daily posts on @JJs Juggernaut card being good combined with a large amount of laziness on my part. Also the fact that people stopped posting terrible Thrawn ideas, that helped too, mainly that.

I could actually go for a Han Solo card, but what his ability would be? Not sure. If we're playing hypothetical commanders, I would love a Wedge more than a Han, but that's mainly because Rogue Squadron. The PROBLEM with a Wedge is that the smart thing is to make him related to squadrons a la Sloane. But I KNOW (not think, full on know) that the Rebellion doesn't need another squadron commander.

What to ACTUALLY do for Han? I'd have to muse on it, but I'd do something akin to Leia, where her ability to keep the Rebellion together is what defined her Admiral. Han grew up over time, slash grew as part of the Rebellion. So what would be interesting in some sort of design capacity would be for Han's ability to get better as the game goes on. So something like turn 2 he gets X, turn 3 it's X+1 or 2, turn 4 it's X+4, etc. Now, just gotta figure out what the heck X IS.

Oh, and win World's of course. But that's the EASY side of this equation, haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...