Greedyfly

FFG are you for real

I think it's about time FFG woke up to its self and stopped releasing an obvious bias to the scum faction and finally fix up some of its complete stuff ups or finally bring rebels and the empire onto the same footing. It's clear someone is smoking something illegal on the design team and has a hard on for scum. 

Shout me down as much as you want I play all factions and if you don't think scum releases lately have been OP your in denial/ a scum only play or a WAAC player.

The only faction to get generics with EPT , undercosted ships, undercosted EPT and undercosted crew and all effective. Enough with the bad tasting jokes hey.

For a long time time I have championed FFG over GW but for the last year it's been getting a bit long in the tooth. I can't now with any honesty even defend FFG over GW any more for they have shown FFG up by at least trying to listen to there customer base. This has clearly not something happening at FFG with all the tournament results and the repeated calls for nurfs and fixes for the same ships endlessly on there very own forum. 

Please FFG wake the F___ up

27 minutes ago, AldousSnow said:

Aww. Someone needs a nap. Its a game. 

Yeah but we're all here to obsess over the nuances of said game - _ -

46 minutes ago, Greedyfly said:

I think it's about time FFG woke up to its self and stopped releasing an obvious bias to the scum faction and finally fix up some of its complete stuff ups or finally bring rebels and the empire onto the same footing. It's clear someone is smoking something illegal on the design team and has a hard on for scum. 

Shout me down as much as you want I play all factions and if you don't think scum releases lately have been OP your in denial/ a scum only play or a WAAC player.

The only faction to get generics with EPT , undercosted ships, undercosted EPT and undercosted crew and all effective. Enough with the bad tasting jokes hey.

For a long time time I have championed FFG over GW but for the last year it's been getting a bit long in the tooth. I can't now with any honesty even defend FFG over GW any more for they have shown FFG up by at least trying to listen to there customer base. This has clearly not something happening at FFG with all the tournament results and the repeated calls for nurfs and fixes for the same ships endlessly on there very own forum. 

Please FFG wake the F___ up

Due to FFG planning waves around two season ahead the previous OP scum stuff (junpmasters) may have been due to there poor showing after their initial release which about coincides with the timing somewhat.

In the last waves they have gotten excellent crew, pilots and ships but it's still the remnants of that initial boosting that's holding them above the competition (attani and JM5K's) 

as for the Skurrg..... While I like to think that this is a boost for the Tie Punisher the fact that the scum have a better priced ship (probably with a better dial :() that can do the trick is a bit annoying/questionable but I guess they actually want this ship to see play so they can't make it "even" with the Punisher

in regards to the recent Aces lack they are getting. While it does boost Scum overall it may see a difference in the lists that they take (which I welcome)

I guess whatever happens happens and we should just try enjoy the read and do our darnedest to beat the living heck out of "Meta-lists" with what they consider "casual B-Teams" and pray that the effort and fun we put into our lists pays off.

11 minutes ago, LordBlades said:

Also, the Scurrg isn't really making the existing Scum lists better. It's opening up other options, which is a good thing for everyone IMO.

If you're so mad about Jumpmasters and Attani, think of it like this : every guy who brings a Scurrg bomber list is a guy not bringing Attani Jumpmasters.

Exactly, I hope that's what happens, not only with the Skurrg but with the new Aces pack as well.

The OP might have gone a little overboard with the language and tone, but you have to admit he kind of has a point - the Scurrg expansion is where it seems all the effort and time went for this wave, with the other two ships being an afterthought at best, and given the state of the current meta it makes zero sense to give S+V even more of the good stuff, and to give even more reasons to fly Miranda and Sabine crew as Rebels, narrowing down list viability. Add to that the absolute joke that is the TIE/AG (on so many levels) and it certainly does look like there is bias that nothing significant has been done about (indeed, it's only got worse) since Wave 8.

I agree with @MalusCalibur here.

The OP has not found the best words to describe what a lot of people think:

Scum seems to be getting FFGs full attention, to make ALL their ships valid and competitive, while they have already got the strongest lists and ships, which are clearly OP or undercosted (such as the Jumpsmaster)

6 hours ago, LordBlades said:

Also, the Scurrg isn't really making the existing Scum lists better. It's opening up other options, which is a good thing for everyone IMO.

If you're so mad about Jumpmasters and Attani, think of it like this : every guy who brings a Scurrg bomber list is a guy not bringing Attani Jumpmasters.

6 hours ago, Quadjumper King said:

Exactly, I hope that's what happens, not only with the Skurrg but with the new Aces pack as well.

Ah the smooth sounds of calm non-reactionary retorts.

Yes FFG deserves all the sh** storm we can muster about the Jumpmaster Expansion, that I think we all can agree wholeheartedly on. 

They MUST be planning an actual nerf, must be, for they are not stupid; they want to continue the money making game. It's happening soon, btw.

However, the new "Guns for Hire" Aces Expansion and this Bomber are fine by me, for they'll be fun and they're not Jumps and Attani. Yay!!

Edited by clanofwolves

1 hour ago, MalusCalibur said:

The OP might have gone a little overboard with the language and tone, but you have to admit he kind of has a point - the Scurrg expansion is where it seems all the effort and time went for this wave, with the other two ships being an afterthought at best, and given the state of the current meta it makes zero sense to give S+V even more of the good stuff, and to give even more reasons to fly Miranda and Sabine crew as Rebels, narrowing down list viability. Add to that the absolute joke that is the TIE/AG (on so many levels) and it certainly does look like there is bias that nothing significant has been done about (indeed, it's only got worse) since Wave 8.

1 hour ago, Schu81 said:

I agree with @MalusCalibur here.

The OP has not found the best words to describe what a lot of people think:

Scum seems to be getting FFGs full attention, to make ALL their ships valid and competitive, while they have already got the strongest lists and ships, which are clearly OP or undercosted (such as the Jumpsmaster)

Me, too.  The only thing that helps is that what's IN the Scurrg pack helps everyone. . .but it does feel like S&V got all the love again.

11 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

Me, too.  The only thing that helps is that what's IN the Scurrg pack helps everyone. . .but it does feel like S&V got all the love again.

Most people I play with have been referring to the game as 'Scum Wing' when asking about playing or pairs or what night is best. We've been jokingly calling the game that for so long now, (since '16 Worlds) it's stuck; we're not even salty or thinking about it before saying it.

Edited by clanofwolves

Just remember, opinions like this one don't speak for "all X-wing players."

The meganerf FAQ, in my opinion, has put the game in the best state it's ever been in. In my opinion, Attanni Mindlink is just fine & it is an interesting creative card. The generic jumpmaster is only undercosted by a single point. It too is a very interesting ship with so many creative ways to play it.

Expertise actually is the card I have the biggest issue with right now. At least locally for me, it is drastically warping the meta. You either use Expertise or you use stress control to shut it down. Everything else is losing.

19 minutes ago, Dengar5 said:

The meganerf FAQ, in my opinion, has put the game in the best state it's ever been in. In my opinion, Attanni Mindlink is just fine & it is an interesting creative card. The generic jumpmaster is only undercosted by a single point. It too is a very interesting ship with so many creative ways to play it.

Expertise actually is the card I have the biggest issue with right now. At least locally for me, it is drastically warping the meta. You either use Expertise or you use stress control to shut it down. Everything else is losing.

Says the guy that has "Dengar" in his name. 

The Jumpmaster needs to get nerfed. Mindlink also needs a nerf, albeit a less drastic one.

T-65 X-wings and TIE Interceptors (Especially the generics, when was the last time you saw an Avenger Squadron on the table doing well?) need buffs. 

Biggs, SLAM Bombing and TLT should be nerfed with the release of this upcoming wave, lest the meta devolve further into Scum-Wing. 

41 minutes ago, Dengar5 said:

The meganerf FAQ, in my opinion, has put the game in the best state it's ever been in.

I agree. The meganerf FAQ was pretty fair. I think it was a little hard on Palp(although I agree he was a bit too easy mode), but otherwise good. 

In my opinion, Attanni Mindlink is just fine & it is an interesting creative card.

I also agree. The hate the Attani Mindlink receives is kind of funny. Yes, it is a free focus token. Yes, it is impossible to block and bumping doesn't matter as long as 1 ship can focus. That being said, to work effectively, you have to use at least 3 ships with it. That means it is the focus of your list. So you're not using Predator, PtL, Expertise, etc. Also if you can deal stress to your opponent who has Mindlink (especially after they move or in the combat phase) you can at least make them predictable to an extent. That being said, I wouldn't mind if they errata it to if you are stressed it doesn't work. But even as is, it's not unbeatable

The generic jumpmaster is only undercosted by a single point. It too is a very interesting ship with so many creative ways to play it.

Here is where you lost me. The Jumpmaster is severely under-costed and has warped the meta for years now, pretty much since it's release. It has too many upgrade slots, it has a dial that is too good, it is under-costed. It is the Biggs of the scum,(must be considered before anything powerful can be released for scum) but unfortunately FFG fails to see that and that is why people keep finding more and more powerful combos with it. 

I personally don't really have a problem with Expertise, game wise. It cost 4 points and takes your EPT slot for a guaranteed focus to hit when attacking. As long as your not stressed. Not to broken and potentially never used(If you naturally roll blanks or hits/crits, it never triggers) The issue I do have with it is the missed opportunity to call it "One with the Force" That would have been a much better name for it and fit with Xwing's association of focus modification to the Force.(Luke, Carnor Jax, Kyle Katarn, etc)

Recently, (certain) S&V have become the new hotness and some reliable trope lists are now less consistent (like palpaces). 

Now we have a wave where (arguably)  the most exciting ship is S&V.

If you not do S&V and play in an environment where you and everyone else only plays meta hotness, I can see a reason to be upset.

Personally, I think the Scrug looks fun and any expansion that gives life to things that rarely see the table is good by me.  I look forward to seeing punishers and Emon on the table. 

19 minutes ago, Mep said:

All you X-Wing players who fail to field a squad of the almighty power and ruler of the Galaxy, the Scum, the Great and Mighty FFG Designers would like to send you this...

n-POOP-EMOJI-ICE-CREAM-200x150.jpg

I had fun with your meme, altering the text a bit, thanks!

I totally understand the concern, but can we all put into perspective that the rebels and empire get movies at least every 2 years?  If there is some godlike Rebel/Empire ship coming out of the next movie, we won't know for months.   Just relax and trust FFG.   

If mindlink/Jumps get nerfed.... scum will need help again.  This new stuff coming is future scum, and I'm very happy to see it.

Scurrg should have been without an ept like the kwing to help get scum out of mindlink hole they are in. Ps3 with mindlink and tlt and bombs. Ugh. Its dial better be HWK atrocious.

I will  do a green maneuver, and get a TL from K4, spend my action to bomb you, then get a focus from mindlink. Now i get to shoot you with my tlt with a focus and a TL.