Sign in to follow this  
Reiga

Isawa Atsuko Art Spoil

4 minutes ago, Reiga said:

The art has been spoiled for a while but I thought the name was new? Either way cool pieces ?

I'd seen the name only in exactly that site I linked. There's also a description of what was probably FFG's request "An 50s-60s older shugenja (Magic User) is holding out a cup of tea in an elaborate ceremony chamber. From the tea billows unnatural wisps of dark smoke."

But, yeah, I love that piece, can't wait to get to know the character and the card!

2 hours ago, Zalari said:

??? Yeah, that's gonna take some time... Still, one of my favorite pieces of art in the set!

I really hope Shinjo Albatross(or whatever) sticks around. I havent had this much fun misremebering a characters name since the days of Hida Tampako.

Or , when I found out the devaronian in the Mos Eisly cantina was named Labria, in the old Decipher Star Wars CCG days.:lol:

Just now, Kuni Katsuyoshi said:

Besides the honorable Phoenix would NEVER have anything to do with maho, or tainted relics, or semi-secret monastic orders whose members can become immortal......oh  wait:P

Or making tea out of black scrolls!

15 minutes ago, Shiba Gunichi said:

Or it's meant to indicate that she's an Ishiken.

Bah!  wishful thinking.:P

However, if u are correct and she's an Ishiken, she probably on the verge of going dangerously insane and/ or involving the Phoenix in a war where they are incredibly heroic but still get stomped like a narc at a biker rally.

Edited by Kuni Katsuyoshi

28 minutes ago, Suzume Tomonori said:

I want to think positive like you do, but I can't set myself up for the pain of dissappointment yet again.

For the record:

I must point out the irony of 'positive thinking' and Shiba Gunichi being paired together.:P

But he's Gunichi, and who doesn't like Gunichi?:D  (thats rhetorical btw)

I hope it is an Ishiken.  Having a maho-using Phoenix in the core sets a precedent I hoped we could table for awhile.

Rampant Fire Chicken snark aside, They are one of the clan im most interest in seeing.

2 minutes ago, Kuni Katsuyoshi said:

Do we REALLY want to do a Phoenix clan vs, Britney on the Bad Descisions chart?

That'll just be ugly.:P

Unlike Miss Spears, we get a do-over. Hopefully this time the hand wringers and easy fainters will let those of us that will do what needs to be done alone long enough to save the Empire from itself.

Brother Crab, I implore you, join the true patriots of Rokugan. Stand aside from your wall and let the taint flow. 

8 minutes ago, Isawa Omi said:

Unlike Miss Spears, we get a do-over. Hopefully this time the hand wringers and easy fainters will let those of us that will do what needs to be done alone long enough to save the Empire from itself.

Brother Crab, I implore you, join the true patriots of Rokugan. Stand aside from your wall and let the taint flow. 

There is always one isn't there? :P

On the plus side, It means my beloved Tsukai-Sagasu will get some face-time.

36 minutes ago, Kuni Katsuyoshi said:

There is always one isn't there? :P

On the plus side, It means my beloved Tsukai-Sagasu will get some face-time.

I meant no offense. In another lifetime I admired your clan's beautiful standards and their early work with artificial limbs.