atkrull

New Empire Ship Confirmed!!

2 hours ago, RogueLeader42 said:

The E-Wing is hardly comic only. It apperared in several novels (e.g. Luke flew one for some time) and PnP sourcebooks.

Yeah,I'm pretty sure the E-Wing was in the X-Wing books.

I haven't read them all... but, um, it's on the cover of Mercy Kill :P

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=x+wing.mercy.kill&client=ms-android-samsung&prmd=isvn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwisntKe9MHUAhWOY1AKHafgC7AQ_AUICSgB&biw=360&bih=560#imgrc=I-yRWj67rIAhjM:

1 minute ago, Odanan said:

Now that's an ugly ship. And the designers really took their time to make it impractical.

I mean, 4 turrets is okay, I guess (by the looks of them TLT-s), but what is that weird horn thingy on the ship?

15 hours ago, atkrull said:

Here is a picture of Darth Vader's new ship in the first issue of the Darth Vader comic. 

I am predicting: Large Base, 1 crew, turret, systems, and 2 torpedo slots. EPT on darth vader PS 9, with barrel roll, focus, target lock. This may be ship we have been looking for!

Vaders Ship.gif

Boy do i want a Sith Infiltrator!!!

3 hours ago, RufusDaMan said:

I mean, 4 turrets is okay, I guess (by the looks of them TLT-s), but what is that weird horn thingy on the ship?

I assume it's just a docking clamp for small ships like a refueling plane hose, I further figured it folds up underneathe when not used or the ship would tear itself apart and explode if it ever tried to land on anything or enter a docking bay.

Edited by LordFajubi

11 hours ago, Parakitor said:

Eh...I think I'd rather have the Rogue Shadow. But that's Legends now, so I'm not holding my breath.

5 hours ago, Polda said:

Well at least it's not the Rogue Shadow. 

Clearly there is a difference of opinion here. I'm just glad there are enough ships in this game that everybody can find something they like.

...unless they only like Gunboats. :(

37 minutes ago, Parakitor said:

Clearly there is a difference of opinion here. I'm just glad there are enough ships in this game that everybody can find something they like.

...unless they only like Gunboats. :(

I am sorry Parakitor, it reminds me too much of the time Square Enix tried to design their own Batman.

78fd8e015e734854f252be343b28d14e_1920_KR

1 hour ago, thespaceinvader said:

I'm sure I've seen a derptacular comic book frame of them.  Where did that come from?

Without seeing the image, I can't say, but they've been illustrated in stuff like the Essential Guides, for vehicles and in one of the Essential Chronologies. They're also old enough to have been at least one WEG sourcebook which might have included some illustration. To my knowledge (and the knowledge of the entire Wookieepedia as my reference) they haven't been in any actual "story" comics, just Black Fleet Crisis and then sometimes some people writing stuff like NJO and LOTF remember they existed. 

17 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

Oddly enough though, it wasn't assigned to him.  He stole it from some scavengers.  Now, those scavengers might have stolen it from another Sith, but if not, it's not really a "Sith Infiltrator".  And who had it before that flies around in something that looks like a Sith Infiltrator?

I think in the comic, it actually was assigned to him. Palpatine dropped Vader off on some planet as Vader was embarking on his first adventure (to find his red lightsaber no less) after being transformed at the end of Revenge of the Sith. The Infiltrator was supposed to be there waiting for him, but some scavangers had found it. Vader didn't waste much time in making it clear to them that was a mistake... 

(and it is ugly... )

Edited by boow

12 hours ago, Captain Lackwit said:

Yet amazingly, never any games. Always baffled me.

It's probably because, aside from, like, one level in the original N64 Rogue Squadron game, no Star Wars video game ever took place in a post-Endor setting where the ship actually existed.

Edit: No wait, the Jedi Knight games are post Endor.  Though you don't really fly ships in those games, so there's no real need for E-Wings to be around.

Edited by DarthEnderX

1 hour ago, DarthEnderX said:

It's probably because, aside from, like, one level in the original N64 Rogue Squadron game, no Star Wars video game ever took place in a post-Endor setting where the ship actually existed.

Edit: No wait, the Jedi Knight games are post Endor.  Those you don't really fly ships in those games, so there's no real need for E-Wings to be around.

This is true. I think Forces of Corruption also had some missions that were a little bit post-Endor, but the less said about that game's story, the better.

Force Commander had post-Endor missions.

2 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

Edit: No wait, the Jedi Knight games are post Endor.  Those you don't really fly ships in those games, so there's no real need for E-Wings to be around.

EDIT: I didn't read.

E-Wings were at that battle, they should have been what we flew instead of V-Wing airspeeders.

Edited by Captain Lackwit