Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
J Viz

Rebel Store Champs List - 20/21 points left

Recommended Posts

I'm pretty much set on my two main ships for store champs. I know they're not exactly the strongest but they're fun to fly:

Jake Farrell w/ PTL, VI, Title, Prockets and ATs (33pts)

Poe Dameron (PS9) w/ PTL, BB-8, Pattern Analyser, Black One and ATs (43pts)

BB-8 Poe over regen is pretty much a meta call as I expect to see quite a lot of jump masters sporting torpedoes so the BB-8 PTL Black One combo should strip a couple TL's a turn if needed. Jake can hopefully dodge them and also even if he does get caught by one some lucky defence dice should mean he can fend most of it off.

 

This leaves 24 points but given the lists reliance on arc dodging I think I'll need a decent initiative bid so I may only really have 20/21 points to spend. My options are pretty much:

Ahsoka with VI and Captured Tie and maybe BMST to had out actions and be a threat to stressed ships. Downside is that the other ships are very slippery and it may be limiting trying to keep in range 1 of Ahsoka. Also there are quite a lot of lists with PS9+ ships included.

 

GSP w/PTL and possibly trick shot. Can be used as a blocker and can also take a lot of damage as I don't want to fill the list with a ship that'll hang around for a couple rounds then get taken out for easy MOV for my opponent.

 

Which do you guys think is the best call?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ahsoka. 

I've flown a similar Poe build alongside her with Inspiring recruit. Being able to T-roll with pattern analyzer, use PTL and still clear both stress next turn is amazing. She can also hand Jake his focus for PS12 repositioning shenanigans. I wouldn't worry much about other PS 9+'s... if they're shooting her they're not shooting Poe or Jake. And usually they have something that's not PS 9, so they'll be forced to split fire if she survives.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, man...this just looks like fun to fly...

Poe Dameron (PS9) (33)
Push the Limit (3)
BB-8 (2)
Pattern Analyzer (2)
Autothrusters (2)
Black One (1)

Jake Farrell (24)
Push the Limit (3)
Proton Rockets (3)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Autothrusters (2)
A-Wing Test Pilot (0)

Ahsoka Tano (17)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Rey (2)
Captured TIE (1)
Sabine's Masterpiece (1)

Total: 98

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gennataos said:

Oh, man...this just looks like fun to fly...

Poe Dameron (PS9) (33)
Push the Limit (3)
BB-8 (2)
Pattern Analyzer (2)
Autothrusters (2)
Black One (1)

Jake Farrell (24)
Push the Limit (3)
Proton Rockets (3)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Autothrusters (2)
A-Wing Test Pilot (0)

Ahsoka Tano (17)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Rey (2)
Captured TIE (1)
Sabine's Masterpiece (1)

Total: 98

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

That's my favoured version but wary of the 97 point Fenn lists. Not having to worry about bumping with Ahsoka and still getting the actions is pretty handy though. Boshek could be fun too though 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, J Viz said:

That's my favoured version but wary of the 97 point Fenn lists. Not having to worry about bumping with Ahsoka and still getting the actions is pretty handy though. Boshek could be fun too though 

Go for a 5-point bid and blow people's minds?  You'd have to fly like a god to pull this off, but who knows?

Poe Dameron (PS9) (33)
Push the Limit (3)
BB-8 (2)
Pattern Analyzer (2)
Autothrusters (2)
Black One (1)

Jake Farrell (24)
Push the Limit (3)
Proton Rockets (3)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Autothrusters (2)
A-Wing Test Pilot (0)

Ahsoka Tano (17)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Captured TIE (1)

Total: 95

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Challenge accepted and went 2-3, but 2 of those defeats were my fault.

 

Game 1 managed to forget to remove a target lock when boosting so got hit by deathfire's ion Pulse Missiles, he then forced a bump next turn and ended up doing a 1 forward after that to drop clusters on my poor Poe. After that my one hull Poe, after trying to BB-8 boost out of trouble was left either having to go over a rock or dangerously close to the board edge. Went close to the board edge and next turn went off. Was totally in control before then and had taken all the shields off Quickdraw whilst he did not have anyone in arc and also had all the shields off my opponents inquisitor so was a bit disappointing.

 

Game 2 was going my way again again RAC and another inquisitor before I parked Poe in front of a procket laden Inquisitor after truing to be too clever with bb-8 boost shenanigans. Again Poe goes boom and that was pretty much game. Jake did his best but it was frustrating as one more attack on the deci with Poe would have taken him off the board but I just got impatient and pushed too soon.

 

Game 3 against a prototype pilot a-wing, 48pt Corran and a VI BB-8 snap Wexley went very well and I didn't even lose a shield. With the PS advantage I was able to dictate nicely.

 

Game 4 against a Jess, 2xBlue Squad novice and TLT y-wing was a tough match for Poe who had no defence against the TLT and he was more or less gone by the time it got taken out. Jake followed shortly after under the weight of fire from a very well flown swarm.

 

The last game was vs an Ahsoka, Shara and Nora list with swarm leader and Finn that can put out 8 damage at range 1. Luckily I avoided that and the target lock stripping was really helpful in neutralising Norra and Shara's abilities. After Norra went down my opponent conceded.

 

Overall it was quite a fun list to fly but I do have to be really careful not to bump or get in range of a lot of guns. I didn't get to see any scouts or Fenn which is what my list was really prepped for but Ahsoka was really not pulling her weight so changes will be needed if I do stick with the non-regen version of Poe - possibly Biggs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been flying this list and it's a lot of fun. All ps 9 too .

I did copy the ashoka build from Nathan hide but it's just so good . 

 

 

TIE Fighter: · Ahsoka Tano (17)

  Veteran Instincts (1)

  · Captured TIE (1)

  · Sabine's Masterpiece (1)

  · Sabine Wren (2)

  Scavenger Crane (2)

  Seismic Charges (2)

A-Wing: · Jake Farrell (24)

  Veteran Instincts (1)

  Proton Rockets (3)

  Autothrusters (2)

  A-Wing Test Pilot (0)

  Push The Limit (3)

T-70 X-Wing: · Poe Dameron (33)

  Trick Shot (0)

  · BB-8 (2)

  Autothrusters (2)

  Sensor Cluster (2)

-- TOTAL ------- 98/100p. --

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My favourite 20pt ship is a Green Squadron Pilot A-wing with Elusiveness, title, Wired and Chardaan re-fit. It can take a surprising amount of shots before going down. I do second (or third) the Ahsoka vote though, she is amazing next to aces.

Edited by BVRCH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎19‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 9:41 AM, BVRCH said:

My favourite 20pt ship is a Green Squadron Pilot A-wing with Elusiveness, title, Wired and Chardaan re-fit. It can take a surprising amount of shots before going down. I do second (or third) the Ahsoka vote though, she is amazing next to aces.

I like her next to aces, but I just find that she really struggles to keep up. I think it may be worth it just to add the EMP device so that she is still a threat, especially to large base ships who stray near the edge of the board.

 

On ‎18‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 10:17 PM, spamdex said:

I've been flying this list and it's a lot of fun. All ps 9 too .

I did copy the ashoka build from Nathan hide but it's just so good . 

 

 

TIE Fighter: · Ahsoka Tano (17)

  Veteran Instincts (1)

  · Captured TIE (1)

  · Sabine's Masterpiece (1)

  · Sabine Wren (2)

  Scavenger Crane (2)

  Seismic Charges (2)

A-Wing: · Jake Farrell (24)

  Veteran Instincts (1)

  Proton Rockets (3)

  Autothrusters (2)

  A-Wing Test Pilot (0)

  Push The Limit (3)

T-70 X-Wing: · Poe Dameron (33)

  Trick Shot (0)

  · BB-8 (2)

  Autothrusters (2)

  Sensor Cluster (2)

-- TOTAL ------- 98/100p. --

 

This looks like great fun, I assume the idea is to park Poe behind rocks and shoot before BB-8ing out from behind them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, J Viz said:

I like her next to aces, but I just find that she really struggles to keep up. I think it may be worth it just to add the EMP device so that she is still a threat, especially to large base ships who stray near the edge of the board.

 

 

This looks like great fun, I assume the idea is to park Poe behind rocks and shoot before BB-8ing out from behind them

That's the idea but poe is the weakest link in the squad he just dies to quick , but it could be my poor flying?

I just can't seem to find another ship to fit in there at ps 9 at that price 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spamdex said:

That's the idea but poe is the weakest link in the squad he just dies to quick , but it could be my poor flying?

I just can't seem to find another ship to fit in there at ps 9 at that price 

You could tweak Poe down to PS8 with Adaptability and even add the title and drop it down to a 3-point bid.  There's also an argument for giving Poe Pattern Analyzer over Sensor Cluster, to guarantee he gets his Focus token even when doing a red maneuver for flying through debris.

Poe Dameron (31)
Adaptability (0)
BB-8 (2)
Sensor Cluster (2)
Autothrusters (2)
Black One (1)

Jake Farrell (24)
Push the Limit (3)
Proton Rockets (3)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Autothrusters (2)
A-Wing Test Pilot (0)

Ahsoka Tano (17)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Sabine Wren (2)
Scavenger Crane (2)
Ion Bombs (2)
Captured TIE (1)
Sabine's Masterpiece (1)

Total: 97

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Edited by gennataos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, gennataos said:

You could tweak Poe down to PS8 with Adaptability and even add the title and drop it down to a 3-point bid.  There's also an argument for giving Poe Pattern Analyzer over Sensor Cluster, to guarantee he gets his Focus token even when doing a red maneuver for flying through debris.

Poe Dameron (31)
Adaptability (0)
BB-8 (2)
Sensor Cluster (2)
Autothrusters (2)
Black One (1)

Jake Farrell (24)
Push the Limit (3)
Proton Rockets (3)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Autothrusters (2)
A-Wing Test Pilot (0)

Ahsoka Tano (17)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Sabine Wren (2)
Scavenger Crane (2)
Ion Bombs (2)
Captured TIE (1)
Sabine's Masterpiece (1)

Total: 97

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

I like having all the pilots the same ps . I think it's probably because I try to joust with poe when I should be arc dodging 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, spamdex said:

I like having all the pilots the same ps . I think it's probably because I try to joust with poe when I should be arc dodging 

That would have them all the same PS.  PS8 Poe w/Adaptability would boost him to PS9.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gennataos said:

That would have them all the same PS.  PS8 Poe w/Adaptability would boost him to PS9.

Ahhh I see what you have done now. I'll try that out .  I do like black one title . I completely forgot that it works with bb8 

 

Edited by spamdex
Spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...