Sign in to follow this  
Hepitude

It's Quiet...

I know a release is today, but we've seen everything that it comes with... nothing new in announcements recently... the painting forum has been slow... I WANT SOME CONTENT!

As a side question, do you like the rolling announcements? Or if it was possible would you just take info on every new product now?

4 minutes ago, Hepitude said:

As a side question, do you like the rolling announcements? Or if it was possible would you just take info on every new product now?

Do you mean spoiling all cards during the first announcement article compared to leaking a little at a time? I think I like the tease. It gives us more to look forward to and keeps excitement up between announcement and release.

12 minutes ago, Budgernaut said:

Do you mean spoiling all cards during the first announcement article compared to leaking a little at a time? I think I like the tease. It gives us more to look forward to and keeps excitement up between announcement and release.

That's true... I'm torn between wanting to know everything and enjoying the anticipation (although I also wouldn't mind a schedule of when they are going to announce stuff so I'd know when to anticipate).

Edited by Hepitude

1 minute ago, flightmaster101 said:

I would rather they leave me in peace for a bit so I can catch up on the painting.  I see all these new figs and I'm just like "OMG how am I gonna paint all this!"

Just do my strat, I have a nice uniform grey army theme

All I had left on my undead was the second command pack and the carrion lancers. The reanimates should paint quick and Ankaur Maro is going to take me a while. My army is desert themed and I'm working out how to make that spirit he's riding into either a sandworm or desert elemental

Edited by Church14

if i could take quality pictures of my models in my apartment i would be updating as i paint, but it feels like every attempt to brighten an area up just doesnt do anything lol.

As a result im basically not uploading anything until im done. Which...might be awhile now with new releases lol. Especially because of Maro's mount....i for some reason didnt see what it was until i had it in my hands...that is NOT going to be fun to paint....

1 hour ago, Vineheart01 said:

if i could take quality pictures of my models in my apartment i would be updating as i paint, but it feels like every attempt to brighten an area up just doesnt do anything lol.

As a result im basically not uploading anything until im done. Which...might be awhile now with new releases lol. Especially because of Maro's mount....i for some reason didnt see what it was until i had it in my hands...that is NOT going to be fun to paint....

I'm going to make my Maru nice and muddy, rather than the crystal clear drinking water FFG apparently painted him riding... Hopefully that will make things easier.

3 hours ago, Hepitude said:

I know a release is today, but we've seen everything that it comes with... nothing new in announcements recently... the painting forum has been slow... I WANT SOME CONTENT!

Go play some Armada then get back to me.

5 hours ago, Vineheart01 said:

Wouldn't worry about it too much, I'm using my iPhone 4 with a scratched lens. Its aint pretty but it gets the idea across. Think of it as a 'filter'.

Edited by Thornoo1

4 hours ago, Darthain said:

Go play some Armada then get back to me.

I actually would have played Armada (as it looked like tons of fun) except I couldn't get past the uneven scale. I know that it would be impossible to actually scale everything correctly, but it still was a deal breaker for me. Which was part of the reason I was so excited about Runewars!

2 minutes ago, Hepitude said:

I actually would have played Armada (as it looked like tons of fun) except I couldn't get past the uneven scale. I know that it would be impossible to actually scale everything correctly, but it still was a deal breaker for me. Which was part of the reason I was so excited about Runewars!

The small ships are just closer to the camera... or something.

2 hours ago, Thornoo1 said:

Wouldn't worry about it too much, I'm using my iPhone 4 with a scratched lens. Its aint pretty but it gets the idea across. Think of it as a 'filter'.

Slightly derranged is one thing, too dang dark to really see anything is another lol.

In my Lich King Waiqar Scheme thread i have pics of a Nerubian themed Lancer and its so dang dark about all you can see is the carapace in detail lol

18 minutes ago, Hepitude said:

The things the star wars geeks get hung up on :P.  I just want drifting space opera esque ships going pew pew. 

Everything based off a tv series or movie is off scale, they have to do that for various reasons.

If they had Armada true scale, either the CR90 would be absolutely tiny or the ISD would be MASSIVE - remember its suppose to fit inside the ISD with a fair amount of wiggle room. Squadrons are obviously out of scale because they'd be pinheads at the ship scale otherwise, might as well just be tokens at that point.

The only time scale should bug you is when its horribly off. CR90 is indeed far too large to fit in the ISD, but at the same time its nowhere near as big as any Star Destroyer so its still believable that its a small ship and the Star Destroyers are not a small ship. You want horrid scale? Look at StarTrek Attack Wing....the Enterprise A is practically the same size as the Enterprise D, which is suppose to be more than 2x as large. Worse yet, the Borg Cube is barely bigger than anything else and that thing dwarfs most space stations in the series.... thats when scale bugs me lol its nowhere near believable.

3 hours ago, Vineheart01 said:

Everything based off a tv series or movie is off scale, they have to do that for various reasons.

If they had Armada true scale, either the CR90 would be absolutely tiny or the ISD would be MASSIVE - remember its suppose to fit inside the ISD with a fair amount of wiggle room. Squadrons are obviously out of scale because they'd be pinheads at the ship scale otherwise, might as well just be tokens at that point.

The only time scale should bug you is when its horribly off. CR90 is indeed far too large to fit in the ISD, but at the same time its nowhere near as big as any Star Destroyer so its still believable that its a small ship and the Star Destroyers are not a small ship. You want horrid scale? Look at StarTrek Attack Wing....the Enterprise A is practically the same size as the Enterprise D, which is suppose to be more than 2x as large. Worse yet, the Borg Cube is barely bigger than anything else and that thing dwarfs most space stations in the series.... thats when scale bugs me lol its nowhere near believable.

Actually the sliding scale for Armada is pretty consistent except for one ship and anyone who plays know who that is.

12 hours ago, Jukey said:

I got my maro primed before work, can't wait to start tonight. As my army is walking thru a swamp I'll be making him riding a swampy bone monster. I've been out of things to paint for a week!

Got mine painted tonight.  Lots of detail to bury yourself into. But I'm finding the Runewars miniatures pretty forgiving. 

26 minutes ago, Thornoo1 said:

Got mine painted tonight.  Lots of detail to bury yourself into. But I'm finding the Runewars miniatures pretty forgiving. 

I agree. The design team did a really nice job of creating miniatures that look pretty good no matter how you paint them.

7 hours ago, TallGiraffe said:

Actually the sliding scale for Armada is pretty consistent except for one ship and anyone who plays know who that is.

Right, and yet people flip out that its out of scale.

Or in Xwing that the huge ships are slightly smaller than they should (only ship in xwing that is noticably the wrong size to me without actually looking anything up is the Awing, its much too large)

18 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

Right, and yet people flip out that its out of scale.

Or in Xwing that the huge ships are slightly smaller than they should (only ship in xwing that is noticably the wrong size to me without actually looking anything up is the Awing, its much too large)

haha... don't get me started on how I collect x-wing. Let's just say Runewars is nice because I know I'll want everything.

Only thing in xwing i dont own is the aggressors because i think 1) they look like goddamn cockroaches and 2) they are complete *** unless ran in pairs anyway.

And im the guy that routinely does some really off the wall things and somehow makes it work. First thing i did when i got the C-ROC was ran 4 heavy scyks with Pulse Ray Shields, Snapshot, and ARC-Casters lol. You'd be surprised how effective that was, even though it clearly had issues.

Edited by Vineheart01