Barby007

Help with Leia!

Hey everyone! I just learned how to play Destiny this Saturday June 10th. I decided to make a Leia deck. Obviously the meta in my area is vVader/vKylo & vPoe/vMaz. I tired building a vLeia/vMaz deck but it just isn't fast enough or powerful enough. I was looking for some suggestions as to who to pair up Leia with. I really like Leia as she is one of my favorite Star Wars characters & decided to also build something around her in honor of Carrie Fisher's death., Just a personal thing. Any suggestions on making a strong Leia deck?  

Thanks,

Barby ;)

I got beaten by eLeia/eMonMothma yesterday. That one seems really cool, lots of good focus. Plus, it makes thematic sense. Aftermath:Life Debt explores Leia and Mon's friendship and gives some interesting insights into their characters.

eLeia/eAckbar makes sense too, and I think can still be viable with the SoR cards.

24 minutes ago, Psalm 112 said:

Leia with E-Han is cool.  I use her with two Hired Gun's too.

I was thinking of eLeia with eHan too but don't know what yellow cards to plug in. Han is pricey too. I currently only own SoR cards. Awakening packs are sold out everywhere in my area. :(

Barby

13 minutes ago, Kieransi said:

I got beaten by eLeia/eMonMothma yesterday. That one seems really cool, lots of good focus. Plus, it makes thematic sense. Aftermath:Life Debt explores Leia and Mon's friendship and gives some interesting insights into their characters.

eLeia/eAckbar makes sense too, and I think can still be viable with the SoR cards.

Didn't think of MonMothma. Will do some investigating into it. I like the thematic concept.

Was suggested eAckbar at my locals too. 

Barby

Edited by Barby007

47 minutes ago, Kieransi said:

I agree eLeia/eMonMothma looks fun. Leia and eBaze ins't too bad.

eLeia/eMonMothma is pretty fun, tons of focus. However Leia can go down pretty quickly and Mon is pretty much screwed with no base damage sides at that point. I'm planning on going with Leia and Baze. I'll probably run her elite and Baze with a single die. Mono red heroes got some better removal this set with Suppression and Rebel Assault, which is something it didn't really have in Awakenings.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure you can really make a good Leia deck without access to a decent amount of Awakenings cards. The real 'knockout' card for Leia is It's a Trap, which can randomly win games from out of nowhere (enough that you can take it up against 'meta' decks and possibly do well). But that requires at least some Awakenings cards. I'd also argue that her better partners are in Awakenings, with not many options in SoR (Snap or Maz would work, but Baze is essentially an upgraded Leia and the costs work out so that you're just hurting yourself by playing Leia). Mon Mothma would be 'fine', but I think she's definitely worse than Ackbar in that deck (Ackbar's 1 ranged damage is actually relevant, because you're primary focus with any Leia deck is likely to be shooting things real good, and he makes that more consistent).

Leia, Rey. Maz

These ladies bring a combined 29 health, 6 dice sides showing damage, 3 focus, and 4 resources. Maz and Rey help keep the deck moving quickly, and Leia adds an additional way to re-roll dice when needed.  All this AND you have access to all three colors!

Upgrades with Ambush are your best friend in this deck.  Take advantage of the Red and Blue cards that protect and heal your characters.  Your opponent will go after Rey first.  Be sure to load her up with upgrades that have redeploy.  Leia will also bring the pain with half of her dice sides showing damage. (Overkill is a great upgrade for Leia.)

On 6/15/2017 at 6:05 PM, Amanal said:

eLeia/EPadme is a nice mill deck.

But your meta will make it hard to play and win, so as long as you play for fun you will have fun.

Had thought about building this too. Definitely a fun deck. Are there strong milk decks for heros?

21 hours ago, Stone37 said:

Leia, Rey. Maz

These ladies bring a combined 29 health, 6 dice sides showing damage, 3 focus, and 4 resources. Maz and Rey help keep the deck moving quickly, and Leia adds an additional way to re-roll dice when needed.  All this AND you have access to all three colors!

Upgrades with Ambush are your best friend in this deck.  Take advantage of the Red and Blue cards that protect and heal your characters.  Your opponent will go after Rey first.  Be sure to load her up with upgrades that have redeploy.  Leia will also bring the pain with half of her dice sides showing damage. (Overkill is a great upgrade for Leia.)

Really like this team!!! Any deck list for this? 

9 hours ago, Barby007 said:

Had thought about building this too. Definitely a fun deck. Are there strong milk decks for heros?

Would be interesting to revisit with SoR in the mix, I played this one with just Destiny, a few cards with focus, cunning and other cards that can resolve the battlefield.

On 6/17/2017 at 7:39 AM, Barby007 said:

Really like this team!!! Any deck list for this? 

Here's what I'm playing with now.  I'm thinking about reducing the upgrades to add a few more 0 or 1 cost events.

Character: (29/30)  
1x Leia Organa (Awakenings) 
1x Rey (Awakenings) 
1x Maz Kanata (Spirit of Rebellion) 

Battlefield:  
1x Starship Graveyard (Awakenings) 

Event: (10)  
2x Guard (Spirit of Rebellion) 
2x Deflect (Awakenings) 
2x Rejuvenate (Spirit of Rebellion) 
2x Trust Your Instincts (Spirit of Rebellion) 
2x Field Medic (Awakenings) 

Support: (0)  

Upgrade: (20)  
2x Overkill (Spirit of Rebellion) 
2x Force Illusion (Spirit of Rebellion) 
2x Lightsaber (Awakenings) 
2x A180 Blaster (Spirit of Rebellion) 
2x Tactical Aptitude (Spirit of Rebellion) 
2x DH-17 Blaster Pistol (Awakenings) 
2x Bowcaster (Spirit of Rebellion) 
2x DL-44 Heavy Blaster Pistol (Awakenings) 
2x Holdout Blaster (Awakenings) 
2x Vibroknife (Spirit of Rebellion) 

On 6/15/2017 at 0:56 PM, theagentcoma said:

eLeia/eMonMothma is pretty fun, tons of focus. However Leia can go down pretty quickly and Mon is pretty much screwed with no base damage sides at that point. I'm planning on going with Leia and Baze. I'll probably run her elite and Baze with a single die. Mono red heroes got some better removal this set with Suppression and Rebel Assault, which is something it didn't really have in Awakenings.

What's funny is that when I played against this deck, that was exactly what I thought too. I targeted Leia right away, and defeated her in round two. The problem with that was that her holdout blaster redeployed and Mon Mothma had generated enough resources that as soon as I defeated Leia, Mothma had three weapons! Plus, her dice naturally focused all those weapons into the perfect sides! Mon Mothma can be surprisingly powerful with a whole bunch of weapons!

On 6/18/2017 at 1:24 PM, Kieransi said:

What's funny is that when I played against this deck, that was exactly what I thought too. I targeted Leia right away, and defeated her in round two. The problem with that was that her holdout blaster redeployed and Mon Mothma had generated enough resources that as soon as I defeated Leia, Mothma had three weapons! Plus, her dice naturally focused all those weapons into the perfect sides! Mon Mothma can be surprisingly powerful with a whole bunch of weapons!

'tis true. I tested my eMon Mothma / 2x Padawan last night and I ended up with Mothma wielding two Vibroblades and Rey's Staff and she took on Jango single-handedly. It was pretty awesome! 

So I'm, unfortunately, missing a lot of cards from all the deck lists I've been given. I'm sure everyone knows how hard it is to get Awakening cards until the reprint. My Destiny community is quite small & most of them don't have Awakening cards for trade. They only have cards for their decks. Buying them individually can get expensive. I'll buy the less than $5 cards but I won't spend more than that on a single card. Adult life comes with a lot of responsibilities & those have to come before gaming. In the mean time, does anyone have a eLeia/eMonMothma deck list? 

This is what I'd recommend. Take my suggestion with a grain of salt, as I haven't tested it much. The asterisks (*) indicate Awakenings cards.

Characters:

2x Leia*

2x Mon Mothma

Battlefield:

Carbon-Freezing Chamber

Cards with dice:

1x C-3PO

2x A-180 Blaster

2x Overkill

1x Rocket Launcher

2x DH-17 Blaster Pistol*

2x IQA-11 Blaster Rifle*