Sign in to follow this  
Lobokai

Favorite target?

Just curious if anyone else has a ship that they can't help but enjoy watching an opponent take off the table after you killed it a little bit more than others?

For me it's really two specific pilots: Miranda and Fenn Rau...

I despise Miranda at every level (fluff, rules, stats, abilities, etc) and she's pretty much my most hated ship.  

Fenn, its more like taking down the Red Baron. Sure, he's way undercosted/overpowered compared to a Fel or Wedge... but it's the thrill of taking down a difficult foe. 

Omega Leader.  Man I hate that ship.  I realize that for the past 2.5years, the meta has been 2-3 ships, and his ability is really nerfed in 4-8 ship lists, but man is he annoying for just 26 points.  I'm lucky to get one token removed between 4 TLT shots - I can't imagine how anyone else deals with him end game.  (obviously the answer is don't get into a 1on1 with him end game, but he's rarely the most threatening target on the board).

I don't despise this ship anymore, but when x7 defenders were everywhere, I enjoyed destroying them in the first engagement via Ketsu's tractor beams and a hard hitting missile(s) from Kath or Bossk. I've lost count how many Vesserys I've killed before they ever shot. Nowadays I more look forward to Boba Fett-ing upgrade cards off of ships sometimes more than erasing ships. Ex: TLT off Miranda or Kanan, HLC off Dash, Regen droids, Punishing One title off Dengar, Kylo Ren crew off RAC, and many more I'll look forward too (especially Palpatine). 

I feel that way about Darth Vader. Since the extended universe and Disney try to make him as detestable as possible, all in all he's probably murdered several million people with his bare hands if you add up the death count from all canons. I've never really understood why so many people seem to root for him and people enjoy his redemption at the end of Episode VI so much when every single non-movie story he shows up in portrays him as an absolute monster. So I can't help but laugh when he's killed by some nerf-herder generic pilot flying a knockoff Dengar-ship full of missiles (i.e. a torpscout or something else as thematically weak sauce).

Asaj/PTL/Latts  That ship can die in a fire and gets no sympathy from me. 

Bringing down Defenders can be a bit of a chore, but that's about it.

I used to hate Omega leader, but he's an attack 2 ship and he can't modify blanks unless he removes his whole gimmick.  He also has a 3 turn reset if you remove tokens or he's forced to (One turn to evade, one turn to lock new target, last turn to focus so he isn't just hoping to hard roll everything he needs).  I've soloed him with Norra enough to transition from "I hate this pilot" to "That's adorable!"

Fel is falling on hard times in the meta, so as much as I used to root against him, now I almost root for him.

I do know mulitple people that root for Norra to die...you aren't the first and you won't be the last

2 hours ago, Kieransi said:

I feel that way about Darth Vader. Since the extended universe and Disney try to make him as detestable as possible, all in all he's probably murdered several million people with his bare hands if you add up the death count from all canons. I've never really understood why so many people seem to root for him and people enjoy his redemption at the end of Episode VI so much when every single non-movie story he shows up in portrays him as an absolute monster. So I can't help but laugh when he's killed by some nerf-herder generic pilot flying a knockoff Dengar-ship full of missiles (i.e. a torpscout or something else as thematically weak sauce).

Because he's a BAMF. And the coolest dude ever.

9 hours ago, Lobokai said:

Just curious if anyone else has a ship that they can't help but enjoy watching an opponent take off the table after you killed it a little bit more than others?

For me it's really two specific pilots: Miranda and Fenn Rau...

I despise Miranda at every level (fluff, rules, stats, abilities, etc) and she's pretty much my most hated ship.  

Fenn, its more like taking down the Red Baron. Sure, he's way undercosted/overpowered compared to a Fel or Wedge... but it's the thrill of taking down a difficult foe. 

I endorse this comment wholeheartedly.

6 hours ago, Stoneface said:

Torqil Mux! I have an undying hate for that little miscreant.

TBH I have a self-satisfied smirk on my face when he's removed, even if I lose the game.

Lol! Mux is probably my favorite pilot to field for just this reason.

Nice Vader you have there, he's now P.S. 0 so my whole list can shoot at him first.

Edited by rubberduck

1 hour ago, rubberduck said:

Lol! Mux is probably my favorite pilot to field for just this reason.

Nice Vader you have there, he's now P.S. 0 so my whole list can shoot at him first.

I did that to Vader using Roark Garnett, Cracken and Blount with Swarm Tactics. My opponent was running 3 PS 9  Imps. He doesn't play or pay attention to Rebels. First combat round he grabs his red dice and I say no, I shoot first and showed him Roark's card. Cracken is now a 12. Cracken fires cluster missile giving Blount and a Tala actions. (Pre CM nerf). He goes for the reds again but I say "not yet". Then show him the Swarm Tactics. Blount fires Assault Missiles. The scenario above was repeated again with the Tala. One unhappy Imperial player. 

He figures to jump Roark ending the PS12 nonsense but Roark is now a 12 thanks to Blount and packing a TLT. Needless to say the game was short. I could almost see steam coming out of his ears! His valued Imperials taken down by a Hawk and 3 x Zs! The call from the Emperor did not go well.