he's mentioned on the product page.

I think Shoju is the best choice 

Hotaru?....noob

Kisada....wont bother

Shinjo Altavista(or whatever),,,,,,,unknown factor

Akodo Toturi...as if has'nt got enough problems

Toshimoka....the Rokugani equivalent of Bad Grampa

...shall I go on?:P

Why does the emerald champion have to be a clan champion. Hiruma diaymio would be a good emerald champion.

11 minutes ago, HidaYama said:

Why does the emerald champion have to be a clan champion. Hiruma diaymio would be a good emerald champion.

Just a quick humorous sampler.  

Hiruma Kage (if hes still daimyo) is not a bad choice but neither is Yakamo for that matter

14 minutes ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

Nothing we've seen so far says that Yakamo has brought a tetsubo to a sword fight yet.

Thats true enough.

Though you know he would

Maybe things willl be different this time.

If not, maybe Yakamo will take her out while he's at it:o

(yes i know she was like 8 at the time and no i don't really mean it):D

Edited by Kuni Katsuyoshi

22 hours ago, HidaYama said:

There should be enough rounds to have a best in clan champ from Thursday tournament. The best in clan chooses a named character for next release for their clan. The best performing clan will have a favorable outcome in next story development. 

I think that a lot of Top of Clans will be determined by tiebreakers, but that's not necessarily a bad thing - like I said, think exhibition rather than truly competitive event.

I want to go on a tangent here about your second comment though. One of the absolute coolest things about original L5R, especially in the last ten years or so of it's existence, was their willingness to put people's names on the sides of cards - Storyline Credit is the term they used on Oracle, but it basically meant someone had either won or done something noteworthy enough to 'earn' a card (go take a look at the inscription on the side of the Qolsa card for my proudest L5R moment).  A Storyline Credit card could be awarded in a number of ways...event wins, Top of Clan at major events, recognition of contribution to the game, and several others. Obviously, over the history of the game, literally hundreds of cards were printed with a Storyline Credit on the side.

FFG work differently. They don't use Storyline Credits, but offer something arguably even better: the chance to work with the company and design your own card. AEG did offer this option as a special tournament for stores that reached the highest level of their fantastic but flawed Stronghold Store program, but only two cards were ever created this way. FFG are very sparing with their Design a Card prize, saving it for some of the highest level tournaments they run. The result of this that there are significantly less cards in their games with people's name on them, but those that there are carry considerable honour and prestige.

My gut feeling is that for Five Rings, there may be a little more chance to get your name on a card, but it will never approach the sheer volume that AEG had, and I think that's a good thing, making the prize even more desirable and the achievement more memorable.

Finally, and I know I keep stressing this, but man does it bear repeating...WHATEVER storyline component is on offer at GenCon is above and beyond what was expected. Several people within the industry were critical and dismissive of what FFG could do this year with the L5R Release, and even those that were optimistic tried to temper their expectations with what to expect. This launch and these tournaments will be the marquee events at the fiftieth anniversary of GenCon. Let that sink in again, because it's totally amazing.

9 hours ago, Kuni Katsuyoshi said:

Is he no longer dead?

though even a corpse.....Maybe we can get the 'Disgrace' to take the job:P

Not dead right now, but I have the feeling next week´ s fiction will remedy that. I think the fiction will deal with the duel between Yakamo and Satsu (therefore the voting part)

2 minutes ago, Sendatsu said:

Not dead right now, but I have the feeling next week´ s fiction will remedy that. I think the fiction will deal with the duel between Yakamo and Satsu (therefore the voting part)

Oooh... I like that thought.  What if the vote wasn't really which clan gets to go next, but who wins the duel and goes next.  In this case Yakamo dies.

3 minutes ago, Koriume said:

For what we have read thus far, one prize could be deciding who gets to control Toshi Ranbo when the dust settles.

Doubtful as that only involves Crane and Lion

2 minutes ago, JRosen9 said:

Doubtful as that only involves Crane and Lion

Well, the emperor could determine  Dragon clan to seize control over the city, stopping  bloody disputes among lions and cranes.

He could even do that with Scorpion, Unicorn or Phoenix. 

And maybe if asked, Kisada would say: "burn the city to he core and the problem is over, then you send the cranes and lions to the wall so that I can finally make true bushi of them all..."

could be...

15 minutes ago, Koriume said:

Well, the emperor could determine  Dragon clan to seize control over the city, stopping  bloody disputes among lions and cranes.

He could even do that with Scorpion, Unicorn or Phoenix. 

And maybe if asked, Kisada would say: "burn the city to he core and the problem is over, then you send the cranes and lions to the wall so that I can finally make true bushi of them all..."

could be...

If they gave Toshi Ranbo to some other clan, they,d just move their fued somwhere else. (I hear Kosaten Shiro is nice this time of year)

The Lion woul also take offense at any clan interfereing in a 'matter of honor' , and would look for any and every opportunity to retaliate.

On the other hand, a bunch of poets and ikebana artists being sent to the wall would be a riot

Edited by Kuni Katsuyoshi