2 hours ago, Joe From Cincinnati said:

It'll be interesting to see how they balance honor on a clan stronghold. They definitely can't dip as low as they did in the AEG version. I think no clan could possibly have a starting honor lower than 6, as anything else could mean the clan could essentially never bid for 5 cards (a 5 to 1 turn 1 card draw and then 1 dishonor ability would end the game practically before it could ever begin.) 

FFG really did design themselves into a corner by making the honor range 0 to 25 instead of -20 to 40. 

If I were to make predictions, I would say the clans, from highest starting honor to lowest would be:

1. Lion (12 confirmed)

2. Crane (11 confirmed)

3. Phoenix (10 to 11 estimated)

4. Dragon (9 estimated)

5. Unicorn (8 estimated)

6. Crab (7 estimated)

7. Scorpion (6 estimated)

The wildcard, in my opinion, is Scorpion. In the AEG version of the game, they were always the lowest non Spider clan starting honor. And they often didn't mind going negative if it meant getting their opponent to -20 quicker.

But with the adjusted rules, they have a lot less slack to lose honor and drag their opponent down with them. For that reason, I suspect playing Scorpion will be a delicate balancing act between going just far enough to win, but not too far such that you lose yourself.

That would put the Scorpion way to close to a dishonor lose right off the start imo. I think

Lion - 12

Crane+Phoenix - 11

Dragon+Unicron - 10

Crab+Scorpion - 9 

is much more likely. But I am just guessing

1 minute ago, Akodo_Metuki said:

That would put the Scorpion way to close to a dishonor lose right off the start imo. I think

Lion - 12

Crane+Phoenix - 11

Dragon+Unicron - 10

Crab+Scorpion - 9 

is much more likely. But I am just guessing

Yea, that may be too low. I still think the delta between highest and lowest will be a bit bigger than 3 though. Maybe Crab and Scorpion start at 8. 

We'll find out in a few weeks, if Crab ends up winning this vote :D.

Edited by Joe From Cincinnati

Did my duty and voted for the Dragon! I can't wait to see the mechanics involving duelling, attachments and fate on the rings.

Also, agreed with the Akodo_Metuki above RE: starting honor, except I would expect Crab to be at 10, despite them not caring much about it in the fiction.

Edited by Eu8L1ch

9 minutes ago, Eu8L1ch said:

Also, agreed with the Akodo_Metuki above RE: starting honor, except I would expect Crab to be at 10, despite them not caring much about it in the fiction.

I feel that they care deeply about honor, just that in the great scheme of things, to the Crab it is more important that one knows how to withstand a Shadowlands siege than how to perform a flawless tea ceremony.

3 hours ago, Akodo_Metuki said:

Lion - 12

Crane+Phoenix - 11

Dragon+Unicron - 10

Crab+Scorpion - 9 

So then it will be much easier to game with Lion than ? or ?.... Some things never change.... 

:D

I think if they were against each other, the order would matter too much, like how crane had to come first and lion second based on the fictions, so readers knew the relevance of hotaru.

I'm betting on each doing their own thing.

46 minutes ago, Kakita Shiro said:

The fact that Crab and Dragon were paired is telling me that we're getting Hitomi vs. Yakamo again.

That seems likely, yes.

And if Yakamo wins a duel against Satsu again, then we know the Second Day of Thunder is probably coming.

Edited by Joe From Cincinnati

3 hours ago, Joe From Cincinnati said:

That seems likely, yes.

And if Yakamo wins a duel against Satsu again, then we know the Second Day of Thunder is probably coming.

Maybe,

How about Yakamo KILLS Hitomi and we all move on to a new subplot.:P

As long as they do things differently, such as not burning down thee entire empire to get there, I can live with another Day of Thunder.

Here is my take on the ? Clan's Core Stronghold: 

+3 Stronghold 

Monastery 

Honor: 9       Fate: 6     Influence: 12

Action: During a Mil or Pol conflict, bow this stronghold. Choose a participating character and double their printed Mil and Pol skill. 

Am hoping the Action ability is not too much. 

Dammit, wrong thread. :(

Edited by LordBlunt

1 hour ago, Kuni Katsuyoshi said:

As long as they do things differently, such as not burning down thee entire empire to get there, I can live with another Day of Thunder.

What do you need a Day of Thunder for if the Empire is not burning?

6 hours ago, Joe From Cincinnati said:

That seems likely, yes.

And if Satsu beats the **** out of this idiot, we know there will be no Second Day of Thunder.

Would be funny. Yakamo running towards Satsu. Everyone expecting the tetsubo in the face of the Dragon-Guy. Then one cut and the Crab is two pieces... ?

9 minutes ago, Bayushi Nono said:

And if Satsu beats the **** out of this idiot, we know there will be no Second Day of Thunder.

Would be funny. Yakamo running towards Satsu. Everyone expecting the tetsubo in the face of the Dragon-Guy. Then one cut and the Crab is two pieces... ?

Blasphemy:angry::angry:

Edited by Kuni Katsuyoshi

15 hours ago, Bayushi Nono said:

Not at all. Remember the Crane Thunder died before the 1st Day of Thunder. Still, it was able to reincarnate in the Crane twins. So, if Satsu kills Yakamo, the Crane Thunder could be reborn before the Day of Thunder.