Sign in to follow this  
Isawa Tasatu

Shiba Tsukune Phoenix champ? (plus some other cards)

2 hours ago, AtoMaki said:

I bet he will replace Shiba Burisagi if they really off him. 

I really hope that they don't do that; it'd be a rather ignominious end to a character that died a hero in the AEG canon.

If they really do off Ujimitsu, it makes me wonder what was the point of the whole bait and switch in the first place with not one but two champions (though at least Ujimitsu's death would be surprising.)

At this point we can't rule out the first Scorpion fiction being the entire Scorpion Clan Coup and Shoju to never get a card. :P

Obviously I'm kidding about Shoju...I think.

Yeah, I'm wondering the reason too. Surprise might be one aspect... maybe they wanted to do a Phoenix Champion change in the fiction to delve into the whole avatar-reincarnation-soul transference thing?

Along those same lines, I wonder if Tsukune is still the soul of Ujimitsu's daughter in the body of another girl who passed away..

Edited by Zalari

Yeah, I understand that in theory it's supposed to be a surprise, but I think they could have put something like "Akodo Toturi is thrust into the position of clan champion when his brother dies suddenly" in the original article with nothing lost, I feel. The game hasn't even started yet, it seems strange to me for the intro fiction to make drastic changes to the intro blurb.

I don't know, I kind of see what they were going for, I just don't feel it was effective.

30 minutes ago, Suzume Tomonori said:

At this point we can't rule out the first Scorpion fiction being the entire Scorpion Clan Coup and Shoju to never get a card. :P

Obviously I'm kidding about Shoju...I think.

Well, we have an image for Bayushi Shoju.  The again, it could be the art for the Scorpion Province, "Scorpion Clan Coup". :lol:

19 minutes ago, Zalari said:

Yeah, I'm wondering the reason too. Surprise might be one aspect... maybe they wanted to do a Phoenix Champion change in the fiction to delve into the whole avatar-reincarnation-soul transference thing?

Along those same lines, I wonder if Tsukune is still the soul of Ujimitsu's daughter in the body of another girl who passed away..

I haven't seen any confirmation that the "Soul of Shiba" is still going to be a thing.  It wouldn't bother me if it was, but I'd rather the Kami stick to Tengoku.  (I'm looking at you, Togashi. :ph34r:)

I also just read on the Wiki about Tsukune. (Fun fact: Tsukune is a Japanese chicken meatball.  Also an Anime character.)

The whole dead eight year old girl thing is really weird.  And creepy.  Hopefully this gets passed over.  (Still totally ok if a cute vampire girl races up to bite her.)

1 hour ago, Suzume Tomonori said:

I really hope that they don't do that; it'd be a rather ignominious end to a character that died a hero in the AEG canon.

Didn't he have a rather anticlimactic end in the old canon? Like, he was set ablaze by the dying Master of Fire then fell off from a wall or something?

Edited by AtoMaki

20 minutes ago, Coyote Walks said:

Well, we have an image for Bayushi Shoju.  The again, it could be the art for the Scorpion Province, "Scorpion Clan Coup". :lol:

I haven't seen any confirmation that the "Soul of Shiba" is still going to be a thing.  It wouldn't bother me if it was, but I'd rather the Kami stick to Tengoku.  (I'm looking at you, Togashi. :ph34r:)

I also just read on the Wiki about Tsukune. (Fun fact: Tsukune is a Japanese chicken meatball.  Also an Anime character.)

The whole dead eight year old girl thing is really weird.  And creepy.  Hopefully this gets passed over.  (Still totally ok if a cute vampire girl races up to bite her.)

I agree that the dead eight year old thing is creepy and kind of convoluted too, so it wouldn't bother me if it was gone.

The 'Soul of Shiba' though, that's one of the defining aspects of Phoenix lore for me and I really hope they keep it!

Edited by Zalari

2 minutes ago, Zalari said:

The 'Soul of Shiba' though, that's one of the defining aspects of Phoenix lore for me and I really hope they keep it!

This. A big part of Phoenix lore is reincarnation. This is a way to help show that in a very strong and extreme way, a thing that clan champions are supposed to do. And it helps underline how even the bushi of the Phoenix are super spiritual, even if they can't commune with the Kami, another big Phoenix theme.

18 minutes ago, Zalari said:

I agree that the dead eight year old thing is creepy and kind of convoluted too, so it wouldn't bother me if it was gone.

12 minutes ago, fyrm said:

This. A big part of Phoenix lore is reincarnation. This is a way to help show that in a very strong and extreme way, a thing that clan champions are supposed to do. And it helps underline how even the bushi of the Phoenix are super spiritual, even if they can't commune with the Kami, another big Phoenix theme.

I never thought 'Soul of Shiba' (SoS Brigade?) was abused or over the top in the old fiction like Togashi was.  As long as it doesn't turn into the Dragon Deus ex Machina, I look forward to the possibility of a good story device.

And I read the entry on  Shiba Burisagi.  It makes me dislike Kachiko and the people that wrote her even more.

1 hour ago, Joe From Cincinnati said:

I'm interested to see what, if any, negative text Matsu Kasei - I mean...whatever that card's title is - has. A 2/0 for 0 must have a downside.

I believe that translates to "Obstinate Recruit"

1 hour ago, Joe From Cincinnati said:

I'm interested to see what, if any, negative text Matsu Kasei - I mean...whatever that card's title is - has. A 2/0 for 0 must have a downside.

I'm guessing it's probably like the Doomed Shugenja.  Limited for sure, and possibly can't have fate on it.  I wouldn't be surprised if it's also a Conflict card, at which point it's basically an event with some upside.

Is that the Phoenix clan champion or an image from a waifu pillow? The latter seems a bit more likely. And what's the deal with the toothpick arms? This art isn't reflective of a 4 military force character.

2 hours ago, shosuko said:

First Scorpion fiction - Clan Coup happened, Shoju is dead, Scorpion get no stronghold - Kachiko is a neutral card...

Don't say things like that, You don't want to give anyone ideas.

I just hope Ujimitsu goes out better than Arasou.  He was kind of a shcmuck. Ujimitsu deserves better.

1 hour ago, Mr Omura said:

Is that the Phoenix clan champion or an image from a waifu pillow? The latter seems a bit more likely. And what's the deal with the toothpick arms? This art isn't reflective of a 4 military force character.

Her pose could totally be reaching for a Katana. MAGICAL SAMURAI man, don't need no strength when a single cut will suffice to conduct the power of the Kami.

I like the art of Tsukune. You can see that she is holding the hilt of a sword. I also think that it is the same artist who did Hotaru and Toturi, which is neat (really looking forward to his Kachiko, she simply must be drawn by him/her).

Also, Ujimitsu will be killed by Hotaru in the first fiction, thus naming her "the Championmaker" :D .

7 hours ago, Mig el Pig said:

Utaku Yasmino

Fate 3
MIL 2
POL 2
Glory 3

Bushi, Battle Maiden, Cavalry

Action: During a conflict, discard a card from your hand - This character gains +2 MIl and Pol untill the end of the conflict. (once per conflict)

The cost of this personality is real good, especially as you could bump her up another +3 by honoring. 

Furthermore, I worry that the Cavalry keyword is going to add additional 'perks' to this character, which will elevate this Cost 3 personality even more. ?

Edited by LordBlunt

For all we know, Tsukune is not Clan Champion. We know Crane still has an unspoiled character. Might be some "old timer" like Uji or Toshimoko witha high Fate cost (which is all we know about Tsukune)

7 minutes ago, Sendatsu said:

For all we know, Tsukune is not Clan Champion. We know Crane still has an unspoiled character. Might be some "old timer" like Uji or Toshimoko witha high Fate cost (which is all we know about Tsukune)

From spreadsheets I've seen, there is no unknown Crane character. At least, not one in the card numbering order that would indicate towards a second 5 cost character.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vUzqEqnHtFnl24SKACZTqyiHhrOW9HQzTBjYAbAuaKU/edit#gid=1083018885