Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ryanabt

I Quit...

Recommended Posts

As each wave releases my initial reaction is to buy 5 of each small ship. Then I calm down and realize there will be other ships in my fleet. I think I've settles on 3 of each being a nice # for the small ships. This gives me a good amount of duplicate upgrades and allows enough strategic options for my tastes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought two cores. Then decided I wanted Motti, so bought a VSD. Only used them all once. Expensive bricks.

But on the plus side, I seem to have wasted a whole lot less than a lot of you :')

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had the idea of a 5 Nebulon Mon Mothma list as a counter to Ackbar when he first came out. The double braces, better evades and immunity to the popular XI7 was going to win me so many games. 

Tuns out when you have 5 Nebs in a phalanx formation the enemy can always see at least one weak flank and you can't easily manoeuvre. 

The list slowly morphed into 4 with more fighters, then just salvation & Yavaris then finally Yavaris, Independence, Tantive with B-Wings a plenty. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Mundo said:

I quit buying raiders, after I bought one. That ship sucks! On the other hand I am in love with the CR90 Corvette, and have stopped at 5.

I always laugh when I see someone saying the Raider isn't good. I see it so regularly, and yet it couldn't be further from the truth. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, NakedDex said:

I always laugh when I see someone saying the Raider isn't good. I see it so regularly, and yet it couldn't be further from the truth. 

It's a cheap way to end up with APTs if you got nothing else to put there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Raider I is flexible as an APT carrier for sure, but ACM can be horrifyingly effective against large ships too (I've done some terrible things to ISDs with a pair of ACM Raiders...). It's also the daddy of flak, with OE and Flechettes, not to mention the titles and Kallus.

Raider II shouldn't be discounted either. I used to have a ball running one with Overload Pulse alongside a couple of APT Raiders and an Avenger ISD under Screed. The look of horror on your opponents face after the OP pops the defence tokens of your target is only made sweeter when they realise the Avenger hasn't fired yet. And with Sloane coming out soon, that Raider has been back on my mind again...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, NakedDex said:

Raider I is flexible as an APT carrier for sure, but ACM can be horrifyingly effective against large ships too (I've done some terrible things to ISDs with a pair of ACM Raiders...). It's also the daddy of flak, with OE and Flechettes, not to mention the titles and Kallus.

Raider II shouldn't be discounted either. I used to have a ball running one with Overload Pulse alongside a couple of APT Raiders and an Avenger ISD under Screed. The look of horror on your opponents face after the OP pops the defence tokens of your target is only made sweeter when they realise the Avenger hasn't fired yet. And with Sloane coming out soon, that Raider has been back on my mind again...

Don't forget now you can use that raider II to OP at long range!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, ryanabt said:

buying more Raiders after I bought five.

What ship/squadron pack did you buy lots of that you don't need that many of?

I currently own 4 Raiders and that's probably where I'm going to stay. Probably. I regret nothing, Raiders are great.

At one point I owned six Gozantis and four VSDs. The Gozantis for silly Tarkin flotilla spam fleets for funsies. Turned out it wasn't actually much fun (for me or the other guy), so two of them got sold off. The VSDs because they just kind of piled up over time. I did use all 4 once in a 500 point game with Jerry and it was all right, but four is at least one too many and so I sold down to three.

20 hours ago, ryanabt said:

Love Mothma. My favorite Rebel commander. It is a shame that Reikan is better in general for MC30s.

I'd actually counter that Mon Mothma MC30s are superior against squadrons ( @GhostOfArdaedhel can tell you/us more if he wishes), she has more synergy with the titles, and is maddening when you also add in Lando on one of her MC30s. I've been really impressed at how well they go with her when you add in the full MC30 shenanigans suite, basically. Rieekan is definitely legit with them when you're going light on shenanigans, though.

4 hours ago, Mundo said:

I quit buying raiders, after I bought one. That ship sucks! On the other hand I am in love with the CR90 Corvette, and have stopped at 5.

I'm going to echo @NakedDex and say that people often misunderstand the Raider's intended use and fly it recklessly straight into death. It's actually a really good ship, but the learning curve is high. I wrote a big article about it that I'd recommend reading if you'd like to get better-acquainted. With External Racks and (to an extent) Disposable Capacitors coming out soon, the future for the Raider is getting even brighter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...