Sign in to follow this  
Warlord Zepnick

Has it occurred to anyone......?

I tried a full combat Refit GR-75 sato list shortly after sato came out. It was appalling. Black dice at medium range with no means of accuracy or rerolls are rubbish. Flotillas as battleships are also rubbish.

though that was before disposable capacitors. Not sure it is going to achieve much though

Edited by Dr alex

5 hours ago, Dr alex said:

I tried a full combat Refit GR-75 sato list shortly after sato came out. It was appalling. Black dice at medium range with no means of accuracy or rerolls are rubbish. Flotillas as battleships are also rubbish.

though that was before disposable capacitors. Not sure it is going to achieve much though

I would run that fleet for the same reason I would run a triple Liberty list. Not because I want to win the game, but because I want to have the most fun doing the most absurd thing I can think of. 

18 hours ago, Church14 said:

Combat Transpirts, Disposable Capacitor, Sato, Concentrate Fire, Opening Salvo

Four Black dice at long range

This is so dumb that the fleet builder app does not even allow you to fit Disposable Capacitors in the combat refit GR75 yet :lol::lol:

7 hours ago, xerpo said:

This is so dumb that the fleet builder app does not even allow you to fit Disposable Capacitors in the combat refit GR75 yet :lol::lol:

Interesting to hear - the three main builders we hear about on the Forums:

Ryan Kingston's Armada Builder - http://armada.ryankingston.com/fleet-builder/

Nevetz' Armada Warlords - http://armadawarlords.hivelabs.solutions/

Fab's Fleet Builder - http://armada.fabpsb.net/gindex.php

... Will all let you...   And were all updated within what felt like hours...   So I'm guessing by the use of "App" that its not one of those, in which case, yes, you'll certainly have to get in touch with the creator and bug-report it!

14 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

Interesting to hear - the three main builders we hear about on the Forums:

Ryan Kingston's Armada Builder - http://armada.ryankingston.com/fleet-builder/

Nevetz' Armada Warlords - http://armadawarlords.hivelabs.solutions/

Fab's Fleet Builder - http://armada.fabpsb.net/gindex.php

... Will all let you...   And were all updated within what felt like hours...   So I'm guessing by the use of "App" that its not one of those, in which case, yes, you'll certainly have to get in touch with the creator and bug-report it!

I prefer Armada Fleets Designer over all of these, by a huge margin. Its really that good.

Just now, Thraug said:

I prefer Armada Fleets Designer over all of these, by a huge margin. Its really that good.

I'll take your word for it - but we live in different worlds....  

You can only use it if you have an Android.

Or a Smartphone.

Or a phone that takes Pictures.

I don't even have that.  My phone does TXT and Calls and half the time, doesn't even do that. :D

At least the 3 above, use my PC - and I think that's why they're talked about here :)

1 hour ago, Drasnighta said:

I'll take your word for it - but we live in different worlds....  

You can only use it if you have an Android.

Or a Smartphone.

Or a phone that takes Pictures.

I don't even have that.  My phone does TXT and Calls and half the time, doesn't even do that. :D

At least the 3 above, use my PC - and I think that's why they're talked about here :)

Kingston for PC, but I do agree that armada fleet designer is top overall assuming you can use it (great and easy to use UI that manages your collection as well as the CC campaign too).

4 hours ago, Drasnighta said:

At least the 3 above, use my PC - and I think that's why they're talked about here

You think too much, you always do

:)

Edited by xerpo

8 hours ago, Drasnighta said:

We all have our Excesses.

I'd rather have an Excess of Thought than an Inadequacy, after all :)

Inadequacy makes you ask for things beyond undertsanding. Inadequacy allows you to learn humbly. I'd rather take Inadequacy, after all.

5 hours ago, xerpo said:

Inadequacy makes you ask for things beyond undertsanding. Inadequacy allows you to learn humbly. I'd rather take Inadequacy, after all.

It only counts when people do

So many people don't.

They make assumptions and form opinions as fact, instead of basing opinions around fact.  

5 hours ago, Drasnighta said:

It only counts when people do

So many people don't.

They make assumptions and form opinions as fact, instead of basing opinions around fact.  

Like making assumptions around the fact that someone already knows what is being discussed. For instance. Good point.

13 hours ago, xerpo said:

Inadequacy allows you to learn

I debate this. 

13 hours ago, xerpo said:

Inadequacy makes you ask for things beyond undertsanding.

That has a name. Its called dependancy. 

9 hours ago, Ginkapo said:

I debate this.

Arguments.

9 hours ago, Ginkapo said:

That has a name. Its called dependancy. 

You debated before so you can drop this "bomb" here xD I'm sorry mate, it goes all together. Thats the way it makes sense.

On 6/12/2017 at 10:06 AM, xerpo said:

No it doesn't.

You need to read about the Dunning Kruger study. It is well documented that people with "inadequacy" vastly overestimate their own capabilities, and fail to recognise real ability in others.

Edited by TheEasternKing

2 hours ago, TheEasternKing said:

No it doesn't.

You need to read about the Dunning Kruger study. It is well documented that people with "inadequacy" vastly overestimate their own capabilities, and fail to recognise real ability in others.

Thats interesting, we can discuss empathy and pride, if you like, and how the lack of the first and the excess of the second makes the "so named adequate" individuals inadequate to spot real capabilities in others they consider below them.

Also, in the same study you mentioned, the inadequate individuals have a better margin of improvement after taking lessons on the abilities they lacked before.

15 minutes ago, xerpo said:

Also, in the same study you mentioned, the inadequate individuals have a better margin of improvement after taking lessons on the abilities they lacked before.

So what you're saying is, people who didn't know something learned more than someone who already knew the topic/skill? That's like taking a wood shop class with a master craftsman and claiming you learned more in the span of 6 months than the master because the master has less things to learn. But he is still better than you.

I would know since I took a wheel throwing class (pottery) with a master of 50 years. My learning curve was much greater than his, but he already knows all the techniques while I know none. Of course my margin of improvement is going to be better. But that will plateau as I learn more.