Sign in to follow this  
hidasaurus

Ready for Battle

22 minutes ago, blackheartz said:

**** these hyper-energetic lions!!! Cannot sit still even for a moment!!!

Is this art from the old Way of the Lion?

No, someone has said it's another picture of Dairuko.

The old "Way of the..." books only had black and white art, except on the front cover, or if they used the greyscale of a card art.

Seeing all of these spoilers, I have never been this anxious or hyped for a game's release.

I hope the cards stay this awesome throughout the next few weeks, would love to see a game released where all clans are viable to play.

6 minutes ago, kiramode said:

Would Ready for Battle allow the character to stay in the conflict? It's my understanding that once a character is bowed they are immediately removed from a conflict.

Where did you get that information?  The only thing that has been said about being bowed and removed from combat are characters with (-) skill values for that conflict type.  For example: if Matsu Berserker got drug into a political conflict it would immediately bow and be sent home.

Bow effects on their own do not send characters home from battle.  

Edited by Ishi Tonu

Bowed doesn't mean they are sent home.  If somehow the conflict type is switched from say military to political, and a personality has a dash for political, they will be bowed and sent home.  But cards and actions that bow a personality won't send them home unless stated.  

33 minutes ago, kiramode said:

Would Ready for Battle allow the character to stay in the conflict? It's my understanding that once a character is bowed they are immediately removed from a conflict.

Their skill is not counted toward the conflict but they physically remain in the battle if that's what you're asking.

3 minutes ago, shineyorkboy said:

Would a Doji Challeger's harpoon ability causing a '-' skill character to bow trigger this card?

I would guess no, as the effect that bows the character is a rulebook effect. It would be like saying that a Doji Challenger harpooning a character into a battle and them bowing in resolution would make a legal target.

36 minutes ago, Kakita Shiro said:

Their skill is not counted toward the conflict but they physically remain in the battle if that's what you're asking.

That's exactly what I'm asking. Could be relevant for different character abilities as well. The Challenger and the Gift Giver have quite relevant text if they can use it while tapped.