HRCBlade

Any useful cards for std play IN C-ROC

I dont play epic really so wondering if it is worth picking up the C-ROC? If there are any cards that seem worthwhile for general play going forward I may be tempted to pick it up and then sell off the big ship and corresponding stuff and just keep the small ship and upgrades relevant.

Thoughts?

5x Pulsed Ray SHield, 6x Light Scyk title, 5x ARC Caster cannon, Heavy Scyk title, Cikatro Vizago crew, Scyk pilots, Scyk ship, bases, dial.

So yes, several.

Pulsed Ray Shield and the new Scyk pilots in particular seem likely to be at least decent, and Cikatro crew has some sneaky tricks.

Well... unless you are into scyks there's not much. Pulsed ray shield is only worth it on other ships after guns for hire and also contained therein. Arc caster aint too great. Jabba and the other crew seem fun, but not particularly vital.

But are you able to resist that sexy model?

Not really, no. A couple of the Scyk pilots are good, and the Light title will allow for even cheaper Mindlink enablers (oh boy), but the Arc Caster and Pulsed Ray Shield are trash - the former because every other cannon is a better choice, the latter because regen of your only shield is not worth the vulnerability of self-ionisation, 2pts, and the Mod slot (only the Vaksai can get use out of it, realistically).
Jabba is fun, but underwhelming, and Vizago will probably only be used for the Cloaking Device shenanigans he allows (provided that interaction isn't FAQ'd).

I'd say you can safely skip this one.

28 minutes ago, heychadwick said:

Jabba with the new Kihraxz title is going to make it crazy with all the Illicits you can get at reduced prices!  

Something like this?

YV-666: Trandoshan Slaver (34)
  •Jabba the Hutt (5)

Kihraxz Fighter: Cartel Marauder (22)
  Guidance Chips (0)
  Munitions Failsafe (0)
  Vaksai (0)
  XX-23 S-Thread Tracers (0)
  "Hot Shot" Blaster (2)

Guidance Chips (0)
  Munitions Failsafe (0)
  Vaksai (0)
  "Hot Shot" Blaster (2)

Guidance Chips (0)
  Munitions Failsafe (0)
  Vaksai (0)
  "Hot Shot" Blaster (2)

24 minutes ago, heychadwick said:

Jabba with the new Kihraxz title is going to make it crazy with all the Illicits you can get at reduced prices!  

It's kinda hard to really make use of Jabba except in epic play, where I imagine he's ridiculous. So you can get, what, 3 kihraxz and a YV666? Even then you have very few points for upgrades. There's only so much you can spam illicits because of the requirement to take a YV666. You can get your 5 points' worth but it's really not that much to write home about.

39 minutes ago, MalusCalibur said:

Not really, no. A couple of the Scyk pilots are good, and the Light title will allow for even cheaper Mindlink enablers (oh boy), but the Arc Caster and Pulsed Ray Shield are trash - the former because every other cannon is a better choice, the latter because regen of your only shield is not worth the vulnerability of self-ionisation, 2pts, and the Mod slot (only the Vaksai can get use out of it, realistically).
Jabba is fun, but underwhelming, and Vizago will probably only be used for the Cloaking Device shenanigans he allows (provided that interaction isn't FAQ'd).

From testing on Vassal, the self-ionisation is rarely that much of an issue.  As with the 4k on a Defender, sure, you know I'm going to do it... but what can you do about it?

3 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

From testing on Vassal, the self-ionisation is rarely that much of an issue.  As with the 4k on a Defender, sure, you know I'm going to do it... but what can you do about it?

A 1-straight is hardly comparable to a 4k, and is a lot easier to block, or line up a killbox for, when you know it's coming. Or are you trying to tell me that ionising a ship with an Ion Cannon is 'rarely an issue' because you can't do anything about the mighty 1-straight that follows?

The ships that can use PRS will be painting a massive target on themselves if they do, and all of them lack the defensive capabilities to survive concentrated firepower without (likely) suffering more damage than if they hadn't tried to regen.
The Vaksai will get use out of it, sure, since it goes down to 1pt and doesn't eat up the slot, but for anything else it is a waste.

7 minutes ago, MalusCalibur said:

A 1-straight is hardly comparable to a 4k, and is a lot easier to block, or line up a killbox for, when you know it's coming. Or are you trying to tell me that ionising a ship with an Ion Cannon is 'rarely an issue' because you can't do anything about the mighty 1-straight that follows?

The ships that can use PRS will be painting a massive target on themselves if they do, and all of them lack the defensive capabilities to survive concentrated firepower without (likely) suffering more damage than if they hadn't tried to regen.
The Vaksai will get use out of it, sure, since it goes down to 1pt and doesn't eat up the slot, but for anything else it is a waste.

Have you tried it?

I have.

Mindlink PRS Scyks are a pain in the butt to kill.  The turn you know where they are they're goign to have 3 dice focus and evade, and quite likely also a screen of friendly units to block you from picking on them.

The key point is that you don't HAVE to regen the round you take the damage.  The new Scyks promote hit-and-run tactics, and I've actually found this to be pretty effective with them.  Espeically cannon ones, since you'll be aiming for a range 3 engagement anyway, it's pretty easy to break off from that with a 1 turn barrel roll, then hide behind a rock with your 1 straight the following turn, o  turn behind the enemy then drift along behind them.

They're no Fenn, mind.  So you'll always want him first, for the same sort of points.

21 minutes ago, MalusCalibur said:

Or are you trying to tell me that ionising a ship with an Ion Cannon is 'rarely an issue' because you can't do anything about the mighty 1-straight that follows?

This is a pretty stupid argument and you must either be trolling or just not thinking very hard. Being hit by an ion cannon or tractor beam is movement your opponent plans and you don't control. Regeneration via PRS is something you control and plan and as such can be chosen for when it isn't easily punished. Equating movement you choose vs movement your opponent chooses is dumb, at least try to find good arguments.

It's also worth noting that on several occasions I've used the ionisation effect whilst still at full shields, just to do a 1 straight.  It doesn't help my opponent to know that it's coming if he can't get into range 1 because there are rocks and blockers in the way (or I'm kiting at the outside edge of arc, and doing a 2 straight or 1 bank would cost me arc, and the 1 bank in the other direction is blocked), and he can't stay out of range 3 because he has to move somewhere.  And then he eats an HLC to the face.

Or for that matter, you can use it to bait traps.  Come into my killbox to eat my ionised 25 point ship.  Go on, I dare you.  Fenn is waiting.

It's not going to jumpmaster the meta into oblivion, but 25 to 30 points of Inaldra or Genesis with a Mangler or HLC, Mindlink, and PRS is going to be a really neat little filler ship.

Edited by thespaceinvader

8 minutes ago, MegaSilver said:

You can't do that. You have to had lost a shield to use it.

There's precedent either way actually; per FAQ Garven can spend a focus on R5P9 when he's on full shields to pass it to someone else, and Miranda can drop a die to regen when on full shields (to have a better chance of triggering Gunner).  I'm assuming that PRS will be ruled the same way.

Edited by thespaceinvader

1 hour ago, MalusCalibur said:

Underwhelming?

Sabine Wren: K4 Sec Droid, Shadow Caster Title, Gyro Targetting and two sets of Glitterstim

Moralo Eval: Heavy Laser Cannon, Dengar, Jabba the Hutt and Glitterstim.
98 points

That's six glitterstim and Sabine is dodging two hits against her mobile arc (ability and evade) against the first attack and then auto evading one against every other before she has even rolled dice. She essentially has the reinforce action four times in a game.

59 minutes ago, MalusCalibur said:

You obviously don't use PRS when your opponent can easily kill the ship if it does a 1 straight and there are better options to save the ship. You look at the board state and determine if the shield is worth the telegraphed move. In my testing, it has proven its value on numerous occasions, especially if you do a good job on rock placement and engagement angles, making it easy to get a turn of regen while you are protected by rocks after an engagement. Don't doubt the power of an extra shield on a 3 agility ship or a tlt ship that doesn't mind floating (hwk). 

5 minutes ago, Viktus106 said:

Underwhelming?

Sabine Wren: K4 Sec Droid, Shadow Caster Title, Gyro Targetting and two sets of Glitterstim

Moralo Eval: Heavy Laser Cannon, Dengar, Jabba the Hutt and Glitterstim.
98 points

That's six glitterstim and Sabine is dodging two hits against her mobile arc (ability and evade) against the first attack and then auto evading one against every other before she has even rolled dice. She essentially has the reinforce action four times in a game.

Sweet list. Looks fun.

I've been hesitant to run Jabba since it isn't clear to me if he still provides the extra illicit after his ship dies. I'm assuming yes, because he loses a TON of value if not, but any time a card is released that isn't clear in its use, I usually hold off for a FAQ.

Just now, Kdubb said:

Sweet list. Looks fun.

I've been hesitant to run Jabba since it isn't clear to me if he still provides the extra illicit after his ship dies. I'm assuming yes, because he loses a TON of value if not, but any time a card is released that isn't clear in its use, I usually hold off for a FAQ.

Jabba is pretty much put on board at the start to gain the tokens and then you can Cikatro him off if you really wanted to, no reason to keep him around as the tokens don't disappear. It would be like using Boba Fett crew to discard the extra munitions upgrade card on a bomber, they flip the card but the tokens are already assigned.

The reason I chose Moralo is so that it is a legitimate threat. Four dice + focus/re-rolls in a 180 degree arc cannot be ignored for long. However, Sabine in the late game is also going to be a royal pain, especially if she has three to four glitterstims on hand. There is an argument for dropping something and putting countermeasures on Moralo for the two/three agility glitterstim defense on that clutch turn but this list is untested so who really knows!

6 minutes ago, Kdubb said:

Sweet list. Looks fun.

1 minute ago, Viktus106 said:

Jabba is pretty much put on board at the start to gain the tokens and then you can Cikatro him off if you really wanted to, no reason to keep him around as the tokens don't disappear. It would be like using Boba Fett crew to discard the extra munitions upgrade card on a bomber, they flip the card but the tokens are already assigned.

The reason I chose Moralo is so that it is a legitimate threat. Four dice + focus/re-rolls in a 180 degree arc cannot be ignored for long. However, Sabine in the late game is also going to be a royal pain, especially if she has three to four glitterstims on hand. There is an argument for dropping something and putting countermeasures on Moralo for the two/three agility glitterstim defense on that clutch turn but this list is untested so who really knows!

You can chuck jabba out, but then the tokens lose their effect since the effect is on jabba