Sign in to follow this  
Holmelund

[OT] Rise of the Necromancers

16 minutes ago, Holmelund said:

With more people like you, Kickstarter would not exist.
Thank the Gods you are a minority

Without kickstarter a whole lot less mediocre board games would exist, so I'll take it in trade.  Skipping the traditional publishing routes typically just allows people to skip important stuff, like proper playtesting.

tbh it looks fun but ive never seen anything via kickstarter actually be good. Video game, board game, or generic product, meh at best.

I've a soft spot for "You da badguy" kind of games, so im optimistic that its going to be good. But very, very cautious because kickstarter

Edited by Vineheart01

When I see it on any of the 5 local game store shelves round here, then I'll fund it by buying it. 

Many of my friends enjoy jumping on Kick-starter band wagons (if they think the product will be cool).  But so far (between all of them) they have only had about a 25% satisfaction rate.  It's not always the same disappointment.  Rate of production, lack of playtesting, lack of distribution, no product replacement, no product expansion, no FaQ feedback, just to name a few things...

But still they keep supporting, it's their right as consumers!

It's hit and miss but I do feel that Kickstarter has allowed games to be produced that a regular publisher have never taken a risk with. (KDM for example). And there are some real gems amongst all the turd nuggets.

I'm waiting for this war of mine, a game that is getting good reviews but has a very dark storyline which would make most publishers keep their distance. Eric Lang is producing great games via kickstarter. 

Lots of hits and misses with Kickstarter for sure. What I really hate about it is established companies throwing up their **** there all the time like Zombicide popping up every other month or so it feels like, only selling well because you either buy it on kickstarter to get all the millions of exclusives or you don't buy it at all because the store bought edition will suck or be devoid of content without all the good extras.

I love Kingdom Death: Monster-Breaker of Wallets for example, hard to find someone with such a passion for his own creation like Adam Poots. My girlfriend would probably kill me if she knew how much I spent on those two kickstarters.

Looks interesting. My only problem is that the 5 player miniatures are all the exact same and don't resemble the necromancers per their respective cards, but we can't have everything we want XD