1 hour ago, RandomJC said:

I'd be greatly surprised if they could get anywhere near 350 extra seats for that tournament.

I agree. I'm thinking they might squeeze 100 or so by taking space from another game not sold out. 

looks like it may be hard if you play in thursday to ge your second set for the friday event, of course that is true of peeps not playing in the thursday event as well. I wonder where the extra core sets came from, fewer for purchase at the booth? Still cool that they made more seats available

4 minutes ago, Akodo_Metuki said:

looks like it may be hard if you play in thursday to ge your second set for the friday event, of course that is true of peeps not playing in the thursday event as well. I wonder where the extra core sets came from, fewer for purchase at the booth? Still cool that they made more seats available

I thought all the tourney's were one set max anyway?

2 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

I thought all the tourney's were one set max anyway?

It is. Per the event on GenCon: Event registration closes at 12:30pm on Friday, August 18th. The first round will begin promptly at 1:00pm. To compete, players will construct a deck from one core set using the deckbuilding rules provided in the Learn to Play booklet that comes in the core set of Legend of the Five Rings. After the Swiss rounds the Top 16 players will be selected to return Saturday, August 19th at 9:30am for the Elimination rounds! For Rules, FAQ, and more, please visit our website.

25 minutes ago, Akodo_Metuki said:

You don't need a second set for any of the official events. One core max per event at Gencon. 

8 minutes ago, nightcrawlin said:

I'm super pumped they added that many seats, but I can't begin to imagine running an event for 704 people. 

They won't run for that many people. This is an anti-scalping measure (both for tickets and core sets) based on how much the event got scalped.

I should be noted that having multiple tickets will not get you multiple Core sets. Only one Core set will be given to each player.

Edited by Ultimatecalibur

6 hours ago, Overspace said:

First thing : thank you FFG

Now need to get ready to click at the right second and hope to get luckier this time ...

As someone who works on Sundays and can't always have a friend on stand-by, I wish our wishlists could be auto-submitted rather than requiring a manual process. That's my one persisting gripe about the situation, but I figure there must be a legal issue regarding it.

Am I right in interpreting the final paragraph to suggest that people who are not participating in the tournament can still attend the matsuri?

Edited by Ide Yoshiya

7 hours ago, Ultimatecalibur said:

I should be noted that having multiple tickets will not get you multiple Core sets. Only one Core set will be given to each player.

The wording in the article is a little odd.  It says that you can get two tickets, but you will only receive one core set per player.  Does that mean that if I'm not able to get online on Sunday and my friend is, he can get tickets for both of us?  And then we'll both be able to play in the event?

3 hours ago, Vlad3theImpaler said:

The wording in the article is a little odd.  It says that you can get two tickets, but you will only receive one core set per player.  Does that mean that if I'm not able to get online on Sunday and my friend is, he can get tickets for both of us?  And then we'll both be able to play in the event?

People in the initial rush bought multiple tickets for themselves. Thinking it would get them extra cores. This proves them wrong. 

Each player can buy one ticket for the event. So whether you buy it or your friend does doesn't matter. Just make sure ypu are on each other's friends lists. 

6 hours ago, Vlad3theImpaler said:

I believe that's the intent.  If you buy two tickets, it's expected that you're buying the second one for someone else, not getting two cores yourself and taking a tournament spot that you won't be using.

FFG isn't handling L5R exactly the way I wanted so far, but I think we have to give them credit for this. I remember people saying 200 would've been a good number for the tournament and they made it 350. Lots of people left out, and now they make it an astounding 700 (+200). Pretty impressive on their part - I hope the tournament will be filled and it will end up as a resounding success, so that I can hope to profit from that wave of enthusiasm here where I live :P .

14 minutes ago, Eu8L1ch said:

FFG isn't handling L5R exactly the way I wanted so far, but I think we have to give them credit for this. I remember people saying 200 would've been a good number for the tournament and they made it 350. Lots of people left out, and now they make it an astounding 700 (+200). Pretty impressive on their part - I hope the tournament will be filled and it will end up as a resounding success, so that I can hope to profit from that wave of enthusiasm here where I live :P .

Agreed.  Right after the tickets sold out, I remember some folks saying that we'd be lucky if we even got recognition of the issue and an apology, with no further action.  This goes well above and beyond the call of duty for FFG!

I wasn't going to Gen Con anyway, but I'm glad those who are going will have a better chance at getting the events they want.