Jump to content
Fuzzywookie

tlt. Fix.

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Mackaywarrior said:

At most it does 2 damage a turn. High agility ships don't need to worry. Larger ships have the health to spare. It costs 6 points AND cannot be used at range 1. I just don't see the problem with TLT.

Have you played against it much?

2 unmodified 3 dice attacks each doing one damage on a hit is about the same average damage as a 3 die attack with focus.  And much more likely to do only a single damage even against high agility token tanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mackaywarrior said:

At most it does 2 damage a turn. High agility ships don't need to worry. Larger ships have the health to spare. It costs 6 points AND cannot be used at range 1. I just don't see the problem with TLT.

Cloaked phantoms disagree with you. They take a beating from TLT. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

Have you played against it much?

2 unmodified 3 dice attacks each doing one damage on a hit is about the same average damage as a 3 die attack with focus.  And much more likely to do only a single damage even against high agility token tanks.

I have. It is not nightmarish. The trick seems to be closing in quick and hitting hard. I have not run into it with the Ghost using it though.

2 minutes ago, Criwi Romed said:

Cloaked phantoms disagree with you. They take a beating from TLT. 

Can't speak for that lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

'Perform this attack twice.  If the attack hits, deal one damage card and cancel all dice.  If the damage card would exceed the ship's hull value, discard it.'

Alternatively: each TLT can only deal one damage against shields and one damage against hull each turn.  Not sure how you'd phrase that though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

'Perform this attack twice.  If the attack hits, deal one damage card and cancel all dice.  If the damage card would exceed the ship's hull value, discard it.'

Alternatively: each TLT can only deal one damage against shields and one damage against hull each turn.  Not sure how you'd phrase that though.

I assume that you mean "If the damage would equal the hull value." Exceeding would still result in a destroyed ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Mackaywarrior said:

At most it does 2 damage a turn. High agility ships don't need to worry. Larger ships have the health to spare. It costs 6 points AND cannot be used at range 1. I just don't see the problem with TLT.

There isn't.  This forum has devolved into people crying for nerfs for anything that isn't stupidly under-powered right now (or that they are running themselves).  The "problem" with TLTs is that you can take 4 of them in a list, and a newb can do decent against a mid-tiered player.  And those mid-tiered players are upset that they got beaten by a noob.  <sarcasm> So clearly the problem is the TLT. </sarcasm>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Mu0n729 said:

TLT damage can't kill a ship.

 

So your 6 point secondary weapon is set for stun just because a target is at 1 hull? A TLT HWK Could never kill anything. 

Restricting damage in this way could be used to manipulate MoV victories. I'm not a fan of TLT lists, but this nerf idea is unacceptable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Khyros said:

There isn't.  This forum has devolved into people crying for nerfs for anything that isn't stupidly under-powered right now (or that they are running themselves).  The "problem" with TLTs is that you can take 4 of them in a list, and a newb can do decent against a mid-tiered player.  And those mid-tiered players are upset that they got beaten by a noob.  <sarcasm> So clearly the problem is the TLT. </sarcasm>

^^ This ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Mackaywarrior said:

At most it does 2 damage a turn. High agility ships don't need to worry. Larger ships have the health to spare. It costs 6 points AND cannot be used at range 1. I just don't see the problem with TLT.

It is nightmare of all the Aces and all the big ships! The problem is that consistent damage output..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...