Fuzzywookie

tlt. Fix.

3 minutes ago, Mackaywarrior said:

At most it does 2 damage a turn. High agility ships don't need to worry. Larger ships have the health to spare. It costs 6 points AND cannot be used at range 1. I just don't see the problem with TLT.

Have you played against it much?

2 unmodified 3 dice attacks each doing one damage on a hit is about the same average damage as a 3 die attack with focus.  And much more likely to do only a single damage even against high agility token tanks.

3 minutes ago, Mackaywarrior said:

At most it does 2 damage a turn. High agility ships don't need to worry. Larger ships have the health to spare. It costs 6 points AND cannot be used at range 1. I just don't see the problem with TLT.

Cloaked phantoms disagree with you. They take a beating from TLT. 

3 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

Have you played against it much?

2 unmodified 3 dice attacks each doing one damage on a hit is about the same average damage as a 3 die attack with focus.  And much more likely to do only a single damage even against high agility token tanks.

I have. It is not nightmarish. The trick seems to be closing in quick and hitting hard. I have not run into it with the Ghost using it though.

2 minutes ago, Criwi Romed said:

Cloaked phantoms disagree with you. They take a beating from TLT. 

Can't speak for that lol

'Perform this attack twice.  If the attack hits, deal one damage card and cancel all dice.  If the damage card would exceed the ship's hull value, discard it.'

Alternatively: each TLT can only deal one damage against shields and one damage against hull each turn.  Not sure how you'd phrase that though.

5 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

'Perform this attack twice.  If the attack hits, deal one damage card and cancel all dice.  If the damage card would exceed the ship's hull value, discard it.'

Alternatively: each TLT can only deal one damage against shields and one damage against hull each turn.  Not sure how you'd phrase that though.

I assume that you mean "If the damage would equal the hull value." Exceeding would still result in a destroyed ship.

17 minutes ago, Mackaywarrior said:

There isn't.  This forum has devolved into people crying for nerfs for anything that isn't stupidly under-powered right now (or that they are running themselves).  The "problem" with TLTs is that you can take 4 of them in a list, and a newb can do decent against a mid-tiered player.  And those mid-tiered players are upset that they got beaten by a noob.  <sarcasm> So clearly the problem is the TLT. </sarcasm>

55 minutes ago, Mu0n729 said:

TLT damage can't kill a ship.

So your 6 point secondary weapon is set for stun just because a target is at 1 hull? A TLT HWK Could never kill anything. 

Restricting damage in this way could be used to manipulate MoV victories. I'm not a fan of TLT lists, but this nerf idea is unacceptable. 

6 minutes ago, Khyros said:

There isn't.  This forum has devolved into people crying for nerfs for anything that isn't stupidly under-powered right now (or that they are running themselves).  The "problem" with TLTs is that you can take 4 of them in a list, and a newb can do decent against a mid-tiered player.  And those mid-tiered players are upset that they got beaten by a noob.  <sarcasm> So clearly the problem is the TLT. </sarcasm>

^^ This ^^

40 minutes ago, Mackaywarrior said:

It is nightmare of all the Aces and all the big ships! The problem is that consistent damage output..