Luner_Eclipse

The search for a list to kill those JUMPMASTERS!!!!

Any lists out there at all? Would love some advice.

I just talked with him and he said he sent me that list to see if I would even notice, he said he is going to run along the lines of what he usually does.

he usually runs variations of 

Dengar+expertise+ extra munitions+ proton torpedoes+ guidance chips+ k4 security droid+ glitterstim+ Unhinged Astro+ punishing one

Manaroo+ body guard+ plasma torpedoes+ Extra munitions+ guidance chips+ k4 security droid+ black market slicers+ unhinged.

And yes he knows about the Manaroo nerf

Edited by Luner_Eclipse

R4 Agromech also no longer works like that. So, no old school Torp Boats allowed. If he doesn't believe you, read the FAQ.

If he insists on playing pre-nerf Jumpmasters, just play pre-nerf Phantoms and never end up in his arc.

If he plays a legit list..huh. What factions are you interested in? Because Dengar is nasty, though that is stooping to their level.

Otherwise, I dunno. RAKylo with HCSP and Gunner is pretty good. Pair him with another ace to lock down targets.

Or, Kylo crew in an Upsilon, run alongside Vader and Colzet in Advanced. You can perma-lock one scout, and then just focus the other two. Should be able to at least mitigate the issues you'd otherwise face.

For Rebel? Good question. If you bring a GSP Snap Swarm, that might do some good work. Put through damage often. And can block to deny actions if you get initiative.

Scum has a myriad of options. A Lancer can usually outfly them, if flown well.

Edited by Kreen

Yup, that's an illegal list since Deadeye has been FAQ'd to be small base only.  But we can just sub that out for Attanni Mindlink, and it's pretty much the same list, with the main difference being that they need TL instead of Focus tokens.  If you know that's what he's going to be running, Wes & Poe w/ Black One will just make those torps so sad as you pull 2 target locks each turn.  Three if you put BB8 (or PTL+VT) on Poe.  You could then couple those two with a stresshog or stress baron to shut them down long term.  So perhaps your list will be:

Wes w/ R2D2, IA

Poe w/ BB8, PTL, AT, B1

Gray w/ TLT, BTL-A4, R3-A2

Now you can R3 them opening round so they can't shoot those torps... double stress one of them... R1 them the next turn killing one before it shoots, shutting another down via stress, and neither have TL thanks to B1 (and both are stressed so they can't even Sloop and TL), and then you just win.  Far from the best list, but if you know that's what you're going against, it should do well.

For my money arc dodging with autothrusters would do good work here.  BB8 PTL Poe for an ace with maybe 1-2 snapshot, juke GSP's and or a TLT PS2 Y-wing. For imps, might be a good spot for Fel and or Whisper with some academy blockers

I Like Tie Sf's, bring Quickdraw, AND Backdraft, they are tough, hit like a truck, are much harder to arc dodge. 

Support them with a solid support piece or a little damage dealer. Most people will recommend Omega Leader, I prefer zeta personally. If your a little devious then Kylo in a TIE shuttle is quite nasty. 

what you need is a good alpha strike list.  Something that could take one off the board quickly.  This is a list I've been toying with lately.

Ketsu Onyo - VI, K4, inertial dampners, glitterstim, title, EU - 52 points

Bossk - A score to settle, cluster missiles, 4-LOM, Dengar, Zuckuss, Scavenger crane, guidance chips- 46 points.

total 98 points.

The idea is for Ketsu to get in arc range 1.  Put on a tractor.  K4 gives a lock, which should put some damage on one, which adds a second tractor.  Bossk attacks 2nd with the clusters, between Dengar crew, a score to settle, and G-chips, plus Bossk's ability, an average roll should be enough to take a jump off the table, especially since 2 tractors means it rolls no evades

22 minutes ago, Biggsy_boy said:

what you need is a good alpha strike list.  Something that could take one off the board quickly.  This is a list I've been toying with lately.

Ketsu Onyo - VI, K4, inertial dampners, glitterstim, title, EU - 52 points

Bossk - A score to settle, cluster missiles, 4-LOM, Dengar, Zuckuss, Scavenger crane, guidance chips- 46 points.

total 98 points.

The idea is for Ketsu to get in arc range 1.  Put on a tractor.  K4 gives a lock, which should put some damage on one, which adds a second tractor.  Bossk attacks 2nd with the clusters, between Dengar crew, a score to settle, and G-chips, plus Bossk's ability, an average roll should be enough to take a jump off the table, especially since 2 tractors means it rolls no evades

Switch Zuckuss for Boba.  You're not likely to be Zuckussing much anyways, and Boba can severely change how ships fly (get rid of the TLT/Ghost on VCX-100, pull /SF training from QD, knock Sabine off those K wings, etc).  Plus you can use GC to change one of those clusters to a crit anyways.

4 minutes ago, Khyros said:

Switch Zuckuss for Boba.  You're not likely to be Zuckussing much anyways, and Boba can severely change how ships fly (get rid of the TLT/Ghost on VCX-100, pull /SF training from QD, knock Sabine off those K wings, etc).  Plus you can use GC to change one of those clusters to a crit anyways.

Boba doesn't get all that work in this list because of Bossk's ability.  Boba only works when you draw a face up damage card.  but Bossk's ability to split the crit means the only way I'm drawing one is if I have 2 crits.  Besides, ideally, I'm trying to one-shot the SF and the K.  Now, it's true that it would help on the ghost, but when I'm list building, I don't build to one ship, and I'm more likely to see a Fenn Rau, or an ace than a ghost. 

And this bossk build has one round killed Fenn, an X7 defender, and a TIE SF

1 minute ago, Biggsy_boy said:

Boba doesn't get all that work in this list because of Bossk's ability.  Boba only works when you draw a face up damage card.  but Bossk's ability to split the crit means the only way I'm drawing one is if I have 2 crits.  Besides, ideally, I'm trying to one-shot the SF and the K.  Now, it's true that it would help on the ghost, but when I'm list building, I don't build to one ship, and I'm more likely to see a Fenn Rau, or an ace than a ghost. 

And this bossk build has one round killed Fenn, an X7 defender, and a TIE SF

I'm well aware of how Boba works and how he doesn't stack 100% with Bossk's ability.  But it provides you the option to do either for 1 point, which imo is better than a single zuckuss reroll.

2 minutes ago, Khyros said:

I'm well aware of how Boba works and how he doesn't stack 100% with Bossk's ability.  But it provides you the option to do either for 1 point, which imo is better than a single zuckuss reroll.

That's true, options are nice.  I think it's personal preference.  I still like Zuckess in the event that I don't have tractor tokens on a target.  It give me the option to try and push damage thru.  Ketsu with the EU can consistently get in range 1 in arc, but it's not 100%.  And bossk has a limited number of shots before he dies or gets passed

I'll tell you what I've seen work in my area;

Tauntaun Special:

Wes: VI, R3-A2, Integrated

Norra: PtL, Tailgunner, R2-D2, title, Vectored Thrusters

Biggs: M9-G8, Integrated

Wes shuts down Expertise and a Torp with R3-A2 and his ability.  Norra lays in some hurt and Biggs does Biggs things.  It's not an easy match, but if you can keep Wes shooting the Target Locks off the boats and shutting down Expertise then it is more manageable.

I've also heard that people have tried Miranda or Poe in place of Norra but I haven't seen those matches.

Edited by Burius1981

This is a lot more annoying than it looks:

99 points

PILOTS

Serissu (29)
M3-A “Scyk” Interceptor (20), Attanni Mindlink (1), “Heavy Scyk” Interceptor (2), Pulsed Ray Shield (2), “Mangler” Cannon (4)

Inaldra (22)
M3-A “Scyk” Interceptor (15), Attanni Mindlink (1), “Heavy Scyk” Interceptor (2), “Mangler” Cannon (4)

Tansarii Point Veteran (24) x 2
M3-A “Scyk” Interceptor (17), Attanni Mindlink (1), “Heavy Scyk” Interceptor (2), “Mangler” Cannon (4)

49: Chopper w/ TLT, FCS, Hera, Ezra, Ghost

20: Zeb w/ ABT, Phantom

31: Thane w/ M9-G8, Tactician, Alliance Overhaul

Not only can this list handle scouts, I'm thrilled when I see them. It'll kill a scout in 2 turns pretty easily.

Just line up to joust 2 scouts and move 4 forward. They'll trade range 3 shots and set TLs for the torpedoes. Then do a 5k to bump/stress them/stress yourself to get Ezra going. If you lined up properly, they can't white sloop behind the big base so they either have to fly straight over, or turn away. One scout should be dead on turn 3 at the latest. And the other is running away. You might get torpedoed once, but the Ghost can handle that. 

If one is packing Boba, kill that one first. You cannot lose that TLT. 

With most lists you should kill Manaroo first, but with these list you bomb Dengar back to the stoneage and then Manaroo

Warden Sq. K-wing, EM, Cluster Mines, Ad. SLAM, Sabine Wren (33)

Warden Sq. K-wing, EM, Cluster Mines, Ad. SLAM, Ion Bombs, Chopper (33)

Warden Sq. K-wing, EM, Cluster Mines, Ad. SLAM, Ion Bombs, Intelligens Agent (34)

Here is another list, which I think is better, but a little more complex. Use Intelligence Agent to predict Dengar and let the Y-wing shut down Dengars Expertise and Actions, while the Ks kills him with unavoidable damage from autoblaster and bombs, then kill Manaroo.

Warden Sq. K-wing, Autoblaster Turret, EM, Cluster Mines, Ad. SLAM, Ion Bombs, Sabine Wren (37)

Warden Sq. K-wing, Autoblaster Turret, EM, Cluster Mines, Ad. SLAM, Thermal Detonators, Intelligence Agent (37)

Gold Sq. Y-wing, TLT, BTL-A4, R3-A2 (26)

One important note for the Ks in both lists - Never shoot at Dengar while in his arc. It will hurt your Ks more than Dengar. Shoot at Manaroo instead even if its harder to hit.

Edited by Everyday Ace