Sign in to follow this  
Parakitor

Parakitor's first game

finally got to play this game! The league has started, and the first two weeks are 100 point matches. It was Waiqar vs. Waiqar, both 99 points. My opponent chose Bounty.

I had one of each core set unit, and a Raven Standard Bearer in my Reanimates. Ardus was my objective unit.

My opponent had two 2x1 Reanimate Archers, and a 3x3 Reanimates with Support Carrion Lancer, something else, and Deathcaller. The big block was his objective unit.

I held Ardus back and eventually swung him wide to engage the enemy Archers holed up in the Crumbling Wall. My own Archers were in the middle of the field on a Stone Terrace, which was placed such that his big unit was stuck on the opposite side of the field from Ardus, and wouldn't be able to squeeze through easily. So my Lancer and Reanimates were up against the opposing Reanimates and one of his units of Archers.

Deathcaller brutalized my Carrion Lancer early on, dealing two wounds on round two. Ouch! I was able to get my worm to flank my opponent's Reanimates and deal some damage later in the game. By that time we actually remembered to multiply our dice by our threat! That was embarrassing to have forgotten. Anyway, Deathcaller is legit.

But so is Raven Standard Bearer. I was able to attack first each round I was engaged with his Reanimates, meaning I hit him before I suffered major losses. It would have worked out better if my dice were hotter, but I went through a lot of his Morale deck, so I'll call that a win.

In the end I didn't destroy any of his units, but I did just enough damage to avenge my Archers and Lancer, with 56 points left compared to his 47. I kind of wish we had played it out, because I'm sure Ardus could have taken his Reanimates once they were sufficiently weakened. But I'm glad for the round limit because I think it's more realistic for armies to cut their losses and retreat.

All in all, it was a great first game, and I look forward to many more battles in the future.

What was delaying you? I was waiting until I had everything painted, but I played a couple tiny games as I finished the units. I pretty much want to play it constantly, but don't have enough people interested yet.

I tried to get a game in last week, but I showed up too late, and the only guy there got tired of waiting. I only got my core three weeks ago, so I've been trimming mold lines, assembling the figures...and practicing for X-wing Store Championships.

Now that I've had a taste, I can't wait to play again! I'm eagerly looking forward to larger games.