defkhan1

C-ROC baseplate is missing the blue section divider

Posted this to Reddit earlier but I figured I would get the word out here too. My C-ROC came in last night and the ship's baseplate is missing the blue line that divides the fore and aft sections of the ship. This is important because it makes it difficult to figure out which section of the ship can be fired upon. Different ship sections have different damage cards. This isn't intentional either, because the manual even mentions that the baseplate should have a blue line, yet all images of the baseplate are missing the line. Other people who have received their C-ROC also confirm that they are missing the blue line. It appears this somehow got through FFG QC and is present in ALL production models of the ship. Best thing we can do right now is let FFG know of the issue in the hopes that they send us a replacement.

AzAELmN.jpgs3EAIBQ.jpg

I believe the Apex of the arc is supposed to intersect the non-existent blue line.  If I were you, I would go ahead and take a square, line it up with the vertex, and then make your own blue line.  Of course that is after you submit the picture to Asmodee for an official replacement.

6 minutes ago, Khyros said:

I believe the Apex of the arc is supposed to intersect the non-existent blue line.  If I were you, I would go ahead and take a square, line it up with the vertex, and then make your own blue line.  Of course that is after you submit the picture to Asmodee for an official replacement.

It's probably simpler to use the Gozanti baseplate as a proxy while I wait for a replacement. I recommend that's what everyone else does as well.

18 minutes ago, Fuzzywookie said:

Wow!!! Those poor Chinese kids aren't gonna eat for a week after this fiasco. 

13 minutes ago, Khyros said:

Not their fault... they made it exactly to print... and the print was missing the blue line.

And it's not very funny that the first world does in fact screw the third world more often than not for cheap and/or disposable products :(

So anyone who have received C-Roc done reclamation to FFG on this matter? I'm wondering if they are all printed like this, in case yes, this is literally Epic fail!

This bit bother me that those baseplates have gone through the QC! 

Maybe they intend the arc to be the different sections. Making the Aft easier to hit than the Fore. Could be they just copy pasted the the rules on the manual and there should be an errata clearing that up. 

Well that's me playing the Devils Advocate, be it in the instruction manual or the tile production, there is a foul up on FFG's part some where. At least it isn't like GF9 where they don't give you enough components an sell enhancement packs.