Sign in to follow this  
backupsidekick

Ankaur Maro Dagger

So I noticed that Ankaur Maro has a SWEET Dagger, like a mini Scythe...

rwm11_preview1.png

yet his stand alone miniature has a sword:

runewars-the-miniatures-game.jpg

I don't mind that he has his sword in the figure since you can see it in his art, but that dagger is sweet!  Why did they go with such a traditional weapon when they had the opportunity to make him look really vicious and intimidating... just like his original art portrayed?  Now I have to look for a dagger that looks like his to modify him.  If anyone can find a substitute, I'll be looking on reaper's website to see if anyone is holding a scythe or dagger I can confiscate for the good of the dead.

Yeah. You can clearly see the sword in its scabard in the art and it's just switched on the infantry model. No biggie. The cavalry Ankaur is still using the scythe dagger like that artwork.

1 hour ago, taylorcowbell said:

The scythe appears to be hanging from his belt. Just beneath the sword. Maybe you can repurpose that one?

It looks like it's fixed to his cloak.  Not sure, it might be loose enough to cut off.

1 hour ago, Necronson said:

Yeah. You can clearly see the sword in its scabard in the art and it's just switched on the infantry model. No biggie. The cavalry Ankaur is still using the scythe dagger like that artwork.

I saw that his mounted version has the scythe dagger, but, eh.  I kinda like his standing figure better.

Thanks for the input though. 

It's a well-known fact that wizards wear monocles damnit, nothing else really matters aslong as they wear monocles. Plus points if said wizards have totally awesome ninja Abraham Lincoln looking companions that dual wields nunchucks made from canadian lumber for the sole reason of it being cool. Aah, nostalgia sure takes me back to the good ol days of the internet.

On 6/5/2017 at 1:32 PM, backupsidekick said:

It looks like it's fixed to his cloak.  Not sure, it might be loose enough to cut off.

I saw that his mounted version has the scythe dagger, but, eh.  I kinda like his standing figure better.

Thanks for the input though. 

Just cut the mounted one off the mount:)

On 6/9/2017 at 11:02 AM, backupsidekick said:

Well then he wouldn't have a sweet hook dagger, he'd have a big sword.  See the major first world problems I have to deal with!

The mounted version has the sickle...

1 hour ago, Jormi_Boced2 said:

The mounted version has the sickle...

Right.  And if I cut it off, then he wouldn't have it.  Instead, the mounted version would have the sword, or be missing a hand like a pirate.  Undead Pirate Ankaur Maro... has a nice ring to it.

17 hours ago, backupsidekick said:

Right.  And if I cut it off, then he wouldn't have it.  Instead, the mounted version would have the sword, or be missing a hand like a pirate.  Undead Pirate Ankaur Maro... has a nice ring to it.

I meant cut the whole figure off the mount.  You can magnetize him and use the sculpt you like for both the mounted and unmounted versions.