Sign in to follow this  
Willange

I'm calling it...

11 minutes ago, Willange said:

Uthuk announcement will come today..... that, or a bucket of sadness and salt.... or something completely unexpected but still cool (would have to be, like, the barrow wyrm for me)

HA!

I actually came to make this same dang post... :D

I truly hope they do... I think the longevity of the game really hinges on there being 4 factions and I want to start getting more hype with my group of buddies who are holding out for a 4th. We have a couple playing the current factions. 2 waiting for elves... and another 3-4 waiting to make a decision on a faction. They want to see 4 and choose then.

i envy you people that have a reasonably large group of rune warriors.

Theres 4 of us that play right now in my area, one i havnt met myself yet. Theres a 5th thats waiting on finances to get in, so he's probably going to get into elves just because they'd be a thing by the time he can play at all and i dont think the rest of us plan on buying them (im not even sure if i want a couple squads for Kari's ability). Thats it though.

Really hoping once i start demoing this game (would have been by now but that stupid long *** business trip messed things up) i'll hook more people into it. I dont care if it gets as big as Xwing in the area, but i dont want it to fall down the Armada route which is literally me and 2 other people with the once in a blue moon 4th player....

While hope springs eternal, why today? I think Gencon will be the place for things like that as it's typically been a date they've used for announcements.

There's other stuff I'd prefer to hear about first:

- more detailed info on the Latari infantry command expansion (they merged it with a spoiler on the new Latari hero and really only talked about the Sorceress upgrade)

- info on what should be a new Latari unit (likely melee infantry)

- a FAQ or other response to rules questions thus far

- more info on organized play events

We know the Uthuk are coming, it's just a matter of when.  I personally expect most of the Latari stuff to be out by Gencon and the Uthuk would be a nice thing to reveal then.

I think it's unlikely it will be before then but would be happy to be wrong :) 

The other "big" thing in my mind is what is coming for organized play regarding official support. I could see this being the Gen Con announcement if all 4 factions were officially announced by then.

Specifics on escalation groups (although this one can be done easily.)
What are the recommended league specifics? All we have right now are 2 posters and an army list...
Will Runewars get the sweeping campaign type of treatment that is coming to Armada? A campaign style game where factions are fighting on a larger map of Terrinoth for control? Events, grand battles, quests etc?! Would be amazing for here as well.

I really hope it is Uthuk, but it can also be a bucket of salty rune golems featuring the support rune golem upgrade, that's not been announced. Their announcement was done in one article with the spearmen unlike the article for the carrion lancers

1 hour ago, tgall said:

While hope springs eternal, why today? I think Gencon will be the place for things like that as it's typically been a date they've used for announcements.

I'd actually say it would make sense for the reveal before gencon, they revealed the elves a month or two ago then showed them off that the UK game expo, so they can reveal the uthuk now and show them off at Gencon! It isn't like we don't know a 4th faction is coming...

25 minutes ago, King Cheesecake said:

I really hope it is Uthuk, but it can also be a bucket of salty rune golems featuring the support rune golem upgrade, that's not been announced. Their announcement was done in one article with the spearmen unlike the article for the carrion lancers

Lancers were with the reanimates.