Sign in to follow this  
Ken on Cape

Question about the rancor figure that comes with Jabba's realm.

34 minutes ago, Ken on Cape said:

Since my figure storage is limited.  Once put together, does the figure fit into the Jabba's realm or core set box?  

It fits in my core set box. Height-wise, it's not quite as tall as the AT-ST.

Yeah it can fit in the core box standing up. It just takes up a lot of space. I have it stored in there next to my other massive figures, with part of the original insert to separate them from the rest of the box.

-ryanjamal

35 minutes ago, Engine25 said:

It fits in the expansion box too I believe, as long as you do remove the cardboard inserts that come in the box.

Not while assembled. Almost 20mm too long (when laying on her hands and feet) for the Jabba's Realm box (without insert).

This has been a concern of mine as well and one reason I haven't started painting it. I'm currently looking at not glueing the legs and torso together as I think he'll be stable enough with the huge plug. Still need a box for him though.

I took scrap cardboard and fashioned some dividers for the core box to divide it into 9 cubicles for all the massives, I think there are currently 5, including Weis? I also added some cushioning into the cubicles. It works great.

The tiles are in the Hoth box with pseudo trays (paper currently, but want to upgrade that as more expansions are released).

All the other figures are in 6 different carry cases divided into squares, they all fit perfectly.  1 for heroes, 1 for villians, 1 for allies, 1for mercs and 2 for imperials divided into troopers and other.

37 minutes ago, neosmagus said:

I took scrap cardboard and fashioned some dividers for the core box to divide it into 9 cubicles for all the massives, I think there are currently 5, including Weis? I also added some cushioning into the cubicles. It works great.

The tiles are in the Hoth box with pseudo trays (paper currently, but want to upgrade that as more expansions are released).

All the other figures are in 6 different carry cases divided into squares, they all fit perfectly.  1 for heroes, 1 for villians, 1 for allies, 1for mercs and 2 for imperials divided into troopers and other.

Do you have any pictures? Currently looking for a neat system and coming up short. :(

I'll post some later.  Basically I invested in a storage solution at approximate the cost of a big box expansion.

Currently two large plastic crates containing the core box with massive  a big box with tiles, 6 carry cases with figures, two of the FFG yellow sleeve boxes (the ones the packets of sleeves get shipped in to the stores) with all the small cards.  A box with dividers for all the large cards. A small box for all the tokens. A large toolkit for all the small tiles, large tokens, hero sheets, dice and misc extra.   And finally several plastic sleeve booklets where I cut up all the rule books and rule sheets and a printout of the FAQ and reorganised them in sleeves.  (they'll last longer that way.)

And now I'm waiting for a shipment of plastic sleeves supposed to be bug enough for the hero sheets.

The storage is not efficient, but it's convenient with every figure or group of figures having their own compartment and everything in its place.

If you have the cash, 3rd party storage solutions are a good way to go. Go7gaming has a solution just for Jabba's realm and I have had good success with them in the past.

Shyla .... funny thing, I typed that into ebay to see if I can get a spare model for an alternative paint style. Should be easy to find right, with so many people buying an extra copy of Jabba's Realm. Lets just say I don't get out to strip clubs enough to realize my mistake in searching for "Shyla" on ebay.

On 6/12/2017 at 1:22 PM, Mep said:

If you have the cash, 3rd party storage solutions are a good way to go. Go7gaming has a solution just for Jabba's realm and I have had good success with them in the past.

FWIW, I have their new Jabba insert and, even though the box only closes halfway as a result, it works great.