Sign in to follow this  
LUKEOUT

Newer player looking to get into tournaments

Hi everybody!  

I'm a newcomer to X-Wing (been playing Armada for about 6 months) and I'm looking for some input on building lists.

My goal is to get into playing tournaments.

Currently these are the sets that I have:

Core Set FA

Rebel Aces

Millennium Falcon

B-Wing

Y-Wing

I've come up with a few lists utilizing the Falcon, but was curious as to what you guys would suggest.

Thanks so much for taking a look!

1 hour ago, LUKEOUT said:

Hi everybody!  

I'm a newcomer to X-Wing (been playing Armada for about 6 months) and I'm looking for some input on building lists.

My goal is to get into playing tournaments.

Currently these are the sets that I have:

Core Set FA

Rebel Aces

Millennium Falcon

B-Wing

Y-Wing

I've come up with a few lists utilizing the Falcon, but was curious as to what you guys would suggest.

Thanks so much for taking a look!

What have you put together so far? I think there are some options here, but your best bet is probably going to be a T-70 with the Falcon and maybe a Prototype A-wing blocker. *The biggest need to address is elite upgrades. You don't have too many options in that department, though I'm sure other players will let you borrow some.

Edited by jwilliamson12

This is probably the best one I was thinking of:

YT-1300: •Chewbacca (55)
•Millennium Falcon (1)
Elusiveness (2)
•Luke Skywalker (7)
•Kyle Katarn (3)

B-Wing: Blue Squadron Pilot (22)

Total:  99/100

Yeah, the lack of elite upgrades does hamstring me.  

I've been trying to think of ways to use the A-Wing with the B's, but nothing seems to really stick out.

50 minutes ago, LUKEOUT said:

•Millennium Falcon (1)
Elusiveness (2)
•Luke Skywalker (7)
•Kyle Katarn (3)

I've been trying to think of ways to use the A-Wing with the B's, but nothing seems to really stick out.

That's not bad. Luke is great if you don't have Gunner. B-Wings are what got me in the game. Unfortunately, the problem with them is the 2 K-turn. It's impossible to clear large base ships with them and keep them in-arc. But they're great attackers that can take a lot of punishment. 

Personally, I think having that much health on the board is good for new players.

Edited by jwilliamson12

If you want to win then buy some cheap scum list. Nowadays they are top of the notch, and Fantasy Flight does not address the issue, and rebels top tier ships are unavalaible (k wing and yt2400). :/

17 hours ago, jwilliamson12 said:

That's not bad. Luke is great if you don't have Gunner. B-Wings are what got me in the game. Unfortunately, the problem with them is the 2 K-turn. It's impossible to clear large base ships with them and keep them in-arc. But they're great attackers that can take a lot of punishment. 

Personally, I think having that much health on the board is good for new players.

Ah, I didn't know that B-Wings couldn't clear a large base ship.  Yes, I love B-Wings too and they definitely got me into the game.

I was thinking having a lot of health could help me out with some bad rolls or tricky maneuvering.

4 hours ago, Karsus said:

If you want to win then buy some cheap scum list. Nowadays they are top of the notch, and Fantasy Flight does not address the issue, and rebels top tier ships are unavalaible (k wing and yt2400). :/

Oh, interesting.  Do you have any recommendations?  Should a YT-2400 be in my future?

42 minutes ago, LUKEOUT said:

Ah, I didn't know that B-Wings couldn't clear a large base ship.  Yes, I love B-Wings too and they definitely got me into the game.

I was thinking having a lot of health could help me out with some bad rolls or tricky maneuvering.

Oh, interesting.  Do you have any recommendations?  Should a YT-2400 be in my future?

Yes to the YT 2400. It's one of my favorite ships and the reason I started playing x wing.  It's also remained fairly competitive since its release. 

You should really buy at least one K wing. It is just too gos, ship and card wise. ANd it's that kind of ship that you can fit in almost any rebel list.

Thanks for the tips guys.  I'm gonna look at getting a YT-2400.

I was able to run this list and play two games, with wins for both.

Running interference with Chewie while the B-Wings caught up and delivered their damage worked really well.  I was able to get really good use out of the B-Wings and Chewie's survivability.

I would definitely recommend tracking down a K-wing.  Miranda is one of the best pilots in the game so far and the K can do some serious damage in all directions.  They're still around, but they're definitely not cheap. 

With what you got. I would make a squad like this

Falcon (Chewbacca), Determination, Luke Skywalker (50)

X-wing (Biggs Darklighter) (25)

B-wing (Blue), Fire-control system (24)

Lots of health and good offense. Biggs is one of the best rebelships ever. He messes up your opponents target priority, which is very good. I hate playing against him. Determination makes Chewy even tougher to kill. Luke boosts Chewys offense. The B-wing with Fire-control system is a good solid choice. Another great thing about this is, that both Biggs and Chewy  are PS 5, so you decide who to move first, which sometimes is important. You can put Nien Numb on Chewy for a full 100 points, its not great but ok.

If you do not use Nien Numb, this squad can be even greater, if you can borrow these two cards for Biggs "R4-D6" (Astromech) and "Integrated Astromech" (Modification)

If you buy more and still play rebels, then buy the K-wing. Its a very good expansion and you get a ship, that are ready to play out of the box. If you buy a K-wing, then you can replace either Chewy or Biggs and the B-wing with this

K-wing (Miranda), Twin Laser turret (35)

A-wing (Prototype), Chaardan Refit (15)

On Fri Jun 02 2017 at 8:55 PM, LUKEOUT said:

•Millennium Falcon (1)
Elusiveness (2)
•Luke Skywalker (7)
•Kyle Katarn (3)

It's not a bad list with what you have . 

I wouldn't fly b wings without fcs or advanced sensors 

This will work too and should pack a punch as you'll have full actions with chewie every turn as long as you dont bump . And you don't have ion projector so you could either proxy or use a different mod   

YT-1300: · Chewbacca (42)

Push The Limit (3)

Ion Projector (2)

· Kyle Katarn (3)

· Nien Nunb (1)

· Millennium Falcon (Evade) (1)

Fire Control System (2)

Fire Control System (2)

-- TOTAL ------- 100p. --

Edited by spamdex