Jump to content
BiggsIRL

[Mafia] Village Mos Erdru - COMPLETE

Recommended Posts

Just now, Visovics said:

We can't really judge things in night 1, because you literally CAN'T TRUST ANYONE. EVERYONE who posted talked about how to get the Hutts out, but who is really wanting and who is following the crowd to hide their identity? I think the wisest decision is to see how the night turns out and from there we can deduce and analyze what we have from a base of happenings. Right now, voting blindly has:

1. More chances of hitting a villager

2.A chance of hitting a vital role

I meant day, I hate not being able to edit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Visovics said:

We can't really judge things in night 1, because you literally CAN'T TRUST ANYONE. EVERYONE who posted talked about how to get the Hutts out, but who is really wanting and who is following the crowd to hide their identity? I think the wisest decision is to see how the night turns out and from there we can deduce and analyze what we have from a base of happenings. Right now, voting blindly has:

1. More chances of hitting a villager

2.A chance of hitting a vital role

The way I see it, we can either sit here and do nothing and end up tomorrow in the same situation (but with one of us being dead and therefore more chances for those Rebel Scum to win) or we can embrace the variance and start the hunt, which seems to be a better strategy to me. After all, aren't we all here for this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes discussion is key. I've found it interesting that some people jumped on me for starting that discussion, while others didn't. Something to keep an eye on going forward. 

Also, not lynching day 1, essentially give the mafia a free kill. Yes the odds aren't always great in a day 1 lynch, but we do have a chance at almost winning the game right off of the bat. I'm a little bit of a risk taker at heart, but I understand that's now how everyone would play it.

 

My current three top suspects are, in no order:

Truthiness

Norell

Visovics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PT106 said:

The way I see it, we can either sit here and do nothing and end up tomorrow in the same situation (but with one of us being dead and therefore more chances for those Rebel Scum to win) or we can embrace the variance and start the hunt, which seems to be a better strategy to me. After all, aren't we all here for this?

Well said! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, JJs Juggernaut said:

Yes discussion is key. I've found it interesting that some people jumped on me for starting that discussion, while others didn't. Something to keep an eye on going forward. 

Also, not lynching day 1, essentially give the mafia a free kill. Yes the odds aren't always great in a day 1 lynch, but we do have a chance at almost winning the game right off of the bat. I'm a little bit of a risk taker at heart, but I understand that's now how everyone would play it.

 

My current three top suspects are, in no order:

Truthiness

Norell

Visovics

somewhat interesting,

Truthiness: his actions were straight towards you, seeing how you play up to now, his continual "threat" does seem a bit anormal and very focused

Norell: Decided to skip day 1, thus opening a window for the "free kill"

Me: Done both :P but also haven't stuck to a decision and have not directly expressed I agree with someone, despite making long texts (very long sometimes and mostly nonsense)

I like your way of judging, something to always take in consideration in the future

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JJs Juggernaut said:

Yes discussion is key. I've found it interesting that some people jumped on me for starting that discussion, while others didn't. Something to keep an eye on going forward. 

Also, not lynching day 1, essentially give the mafia a free kill. Yes the odds aren't always great in a day 1 lynch, but we do have a chance at almost winning the game right off of the bat. I'm a little bit of a risk taker at heart, but I understand that's now how everyone would play it.

 

My current three top suspects are, in no order:

Truthiness

Norell

Visovics

I'm pretty in line with this right now. I would look a little closer at those not wanting to make a day one Lynch cause as has been pointed out that is a direct help to the scum. They get a free a kill. But I do get why some are hesitant after the disaster of round one for us townies last game.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tirion said:

I'm pretty in line with this right now. I would look a little closer at those not wanting to make a day one Lynch cause as has been pointed out that is a direct help to the scum. They get a free a kill. But I do get why some are hesitant after the disaster of round one for us townies last game.

 

Thats what really is throwing me Tir. Round one was a freaking debacle last game.  I guess we need to roll the dice though. Love like you've never been hurt and mafia like you've never lynched your cop day one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PT106 said:

The way I see it, we can either sit here and do nothing and end up tomorrow in the same situation (but with one of us being dead and therefore more chances for those Rebel Scum to win) or we can embrace the variance and start the hunt, which seems to be a better strategy to me. After all, aren't we all here for this?

Another truth.

To me, PT joined to Onidsen in the second line. 

I will think about JJs suspects. 

 

Another consideration. PT sound Pete in my mind, what points to Pete the Finn, a character from Red Harvest... A bootlegger... hmmmmm 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ovinomanc3r said:

Another consideration. PT sound Pete in my mind, what points to Pete the Finn, a character from Red Harvest... A bootlegger... hmmmmm 

Makes sense... ALL FOLLOW TRUTHINESS FOR HE IS THE TRUTH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ovinomanc3r said:

Another consideration. PT sound Pete in my mind, what points to Pete the Finn, a character from Red Harvest... A bootlegger... hmmmmm 

3 hours ago, ovinomanc3r said:

NOTE to myself: don't go back to that cantina. They added something in the blue milk.

Nuff said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In order to go ahead with our investigation:

@Visovics @Truthiness @Norell

I understood the point about the numbers playing against townies but I would like to know what you think about this:

1 hour ago, PT106 said:

The way I see it, we can either sit here and do nothing and end up tomorrow in the same situation (but with one of us being dead and therefore more chances for those Rebel Scum to win) or we can embrace the variance and start the hunt, which seems to be a better strategy to me. After all, aren't we all here for this?

 How do you though to avoid this problem after skipping the day 1 lynch?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ovinomanc3r said:

In order to go ahead with our investigation:

@Visovics @Truthiness @Norell

I understood the point about the numbers playing against townies but I would like to know what you think about this:

 How do you though to avoid this problem after skipping the day 1 lynch?

What is our vanilla to special ratio? I'm glad to sacrifice a vanilla first night, I don't want to have a similar situation from what I saw in Lothal. I now see the point that having a lynch can show everyone's behaviour by looking at patterns of voting, so may be worth to have 2 pieces of data by day 3 to talk over

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Madaghmire

So just looking at the actives what are you feeling?

I'm torn between seeing some people really pushing for it and those that are trying to create dialogue amongst others but not really saying anything themselves. 

I do think it is noteworthy that truthiness was quick to the gun then when the spot light went on him he has shied away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tirion said:

@Madaghmire

So just looking at the actives what are you feeling?

I'm torn between seeing some people really pushing for it and those that are trying to create dialogue amongst others but not really saying anything themselves. 

I do think it is noteworthy that truthiness was quick to the gun then when the spot light went on him he has shied away.

If you notice, he seems to be specially scared of JJ. Can't blame him, but he panicked to much there on the "consider yourself noticed"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Visovics said:

What is our vanilla to special ratio? I'm glad to sacrifice a vanilla first night, I don't want to have a similar situation from what I saw in Lothal. I now see the point that having a lynch can show everyone's behaviour by looking at patterns of voting, so may be worth to have 2 pieces of data by day 3 to talk over

Good point but in Lothal we had a backup role. A vanilla townie that became a cop when me (the real cop) died. 

Maybe we don't have it now but if we support our moves on what was done in Lothal we could do it at every level. Right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tirion said:

@Madaghmire

So just looking at the actives what are you feeling?

I'm torn between seeing some people really pushing for it and those that are trying to create dialogue amongst others but not really saying anything themselves. 

I do think it is noteworthy that truthiness was quick to the gun then when the spot light went on him he has shied away.

 

2 minutes ago, Visovics said:

If you notice, he seems to be specially scared of JJ. Can't blame him, but he panicked to much there on the "consider yourself noticed"

Honestly I read that whole JJ/Truthiness thing as friendly banter. I didn't really take a whole lot away from it, yet. I guess Truthiness ranks marginally higher on my threat scale as a result, but not by much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Visovics said:

What is our vanilla to special ratio? I'm glad to sacrifice a vanilla first night, I don't want to have a similar situation from what I saw in Lothal. I now see the point that having a lynch can show everyone's behaviour by looking at patterns of voting, so may be worth to have 2 pieces of data by day 3 to talk over

So I'm just going to point out that it would be much more helpful to know what the town to mafia ratio is, something that you seemed to care less about then the ratio of special townsfolk to regular townsfolk. This is highly suspicious, and comes off as trying to find out information about town specials....something a mafia member would try to do. Especially "glad to sacrifice a vanilla" (?!?!?) That's not the goal, the goal is to find the mafia by deduction, which can happen before the first lynching, sometimes you end up lynching a townie on accident, but hopefully your discussions cause the mafia to slip up. Currently your posts are coming off suspicious enough for me to cast a vote:

 

##Vote Visovics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Madaghmire said:

 

Honestly I read that whole JJ/Truthiness thing as friendly banter. I didn't really take a whole lot away from it, yet. I guess Truthiness ranks marginally higher on my threat scale as a result, but not by much.

Good analysis, this is why I asked you. 

Then o wise one should we be looking. Cause I think not lynching day one, and I get the scariness I was there that fateful day, is crazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JJs Juggernaut said:

So I'm just going to point out that it would be much more helpful to know what the town to mafia ratio is, something that you seemed to care less about then the ratio of special townsfolk to regular townsfolk. This is highly suspicious, and comes off as trying to find out information about town specials....something a mafia member would try to do. Especially "glad to sacrifice a vanilla" (?!?!?) That's not the goal, the goal is to find the mafia by deduction, which can happen before the first lynching, sometimes you end up lynching a townie on accident, but hopefully your discussions cause the mafia to slip up. Currently your posts are coming off suspicious enough for me to cast a vote:

 

##Vote Visovics

The mafia numbers are guaranteed to be around 3 if not less, I'm worried about how high the risk is of taking a power role on a blind shot, and if it helps in the future, I am fine with accidentally taking down a villager, but can't blame you for your decision, looks like I have two opposite opinions intercalating

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Madaghmire said:

 

Honestly I read that whole JJ/Truthiness thing as friendly banter. I didn't really take a whole lot away from it, yet. I guess Truthiness ranks marginally higher on my threat scale as a result, but not by much.

My first post really was friendly banter, but Truthi did comeback harder than I anticipated, which has caused me some suspicion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...