AdarTallon

I Have Disciples of Harmony. You Have Questions.

12 minutes ago, AdarTallon said:

The only conflict talent is from the Ascetic.  Mind Bleed.  When attacked, you can suffer strain no greater than the wounds inflicted from an opponent's attack.  The attacker then suffers a number of wounds equal to the strain suffered by you.

Turns out the law enforcement themed specs aren't the conflict bearing trees. That explains the aggressor in Warrior.

I'm somewhat surprised myself!  I would have thought the Arbiter was a shoo-in for having the conflict talent, and I never would have thought the Ascetic would have it!

I do note that this is the first non-fear-based Conflict talent we've seen.  If anything, it's more anger/revenge-based, retaliating against someone who harms you with your rage.

Which is nice!  We needed some non-fear Dark Side abilities!  I'm disappointed we STILL don't know what Ebb/Flow and Imbue do, but we can wait.  Even if AdarTallon is too busy to post much, the book is out tomorrow and SOMEone will be able to pick up the slack :) .

I need to:

• Find out if my comic store is getting my copy in tomorrow or Friday
    • If tomorrow, will I be able to get through traffic to go pick it up after work
    • If Friday (or if I can't get through traffic tomorrow), will I have time to swing by Friday and get my wife to her softball game on time
    • Or if I'll have to wait til Saturday to go pick it up

1 hour ago, AdarTallon said:

If you liked the Ahsoka novel this seems to follow what she was doing to get her white lightsaber.

That drivel? It can take a long walk off a short pier.

37 minutes ago, Absol197 said:

I'm somewhat surprised myself!  I would have thought the Arbiter was a shoo-in for having the conflict talent, and I never would have thought the Ascetic would have it!

Honestly, I was kind of hopeful that it would be the Ascetic, if only to break the trend and introduce some change. It just seemed more likely that the Arbiter would get it.

Mind Bleed is pretty wicked. That's easily the darkest one yet, next to Terrifying Kill.

I want to know about the about the Cosians and the Pau'ans.  I'm also interested in seeing the talent trees because the Ascetic is looking promising!!

Ebb/Flow basic power.  2 ways to spend FPs.

Ebb: When making a skill check, the Force user also makes a Force power check as part of the roll.  Spend 1 LS/DS result from the Force die to suffer 1 strain, then inflict 1 strain on all other engaged characters.  May not be activated multiple times.

Flow: When making a skill check, the Force user also makes a Force power check as part of the roll.  Spend 1 LS/DS result from the Force die to heal 1 strain.  May not be activated multiple times.

Control Upgrade:

Ebb: Combined power check to spend 1 LS/DS result from the Force die to add 1 Threat to all checks made by engaged opponents until the end of the Force user's next turn.  May not be activated multiple times.

Flow: Combined power check to spend 1 LS/DS result from the Force die to add 1 Advantage to any checks the Force user makes using the same skill before the end of the Force user's next turn.  May not be activated multiple times.

Control Upgrade:

Ebb: Combined power check to spend 1 LS/DS result from the Force die to add 1 Failure to all checks made by engaged opponents until the end of the Force user's next turn.  May not be activated multiple times.

Flow: Combined power check to spend 1 LS/DS result from the Force die to add 1 Success to any checks the Force user makes using the same skill before the end of the Force user's next turn.  May not be activated multiple times.

Control Upgrade:

Spend 3 LS/DS results to ask one "yes or no" question.  Once per encounter.

More, but I have to get to work.  Sorry.

8 hours ago, Hoda25 said:

I want to know about the about the Cosians and the Pau'ans.  I'm also interested in seeing the talent trees because the Ascetic is looking promising!!

I second this. Pau'ans are some of my favorite looking species in Star Wars.

I.  Love.  That power!  Seriously, that is the exact kind of thing I love most about the Force and similar powers in other media: is incredibly subtle, there is no outward sign what (or even that!) it's happening, and yet it's incredibly potent. 

Must get my hands on this book.  Two more days; two more days...

2 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

Can you use your phone to take a photo of the specializatoons, host them on something like photo bucket and then image link them here? It would be quicker than typing out the talent trees

Yeah, if you're comfortable with pictures, this is much faster then typing it all out.  And the talents and layouts of the trees is always of #1 importance when spoiling a new book. 

Edited by Absol197

Yes, Ebb/Flow is a stand out in this book.  Very cool.

No, I did not bring the book to work. I have a very outdoor job.  Yes, I used my sunscreen. 

Not sure I feel comfortable taking photos of the book.  I know y'all will be buying the book, but I guess I'm still old school and want to stay in FFGs good graces.

Since I have always found these forums very helpful in getting info on the new books, I figured I should give back since I just acquired my copy of DoH.

So the Imbue force power allows you to spend 2 force pips to increase an engaged char's characteristics by 1 to a max of 6 until the force users next turn, if you used a dark side pip if will grant the target a second characteristic an increase too, at the cost of 3 strain to both the target and the user.

One strength upgrade makes it so if no dark side pips were used, decrease all crits that the target suffers AND inflicts by 10 per strength upgrade (which there is is 3 upgrades of), on the flip side if no light side pips were used, increase all crits that the target suffers/inflicts by 10 per strength upgrade.

Four range band upgrades that cost 2 pips to activate, A control upgrade to spend pips to allow target to count as having the same ranks in a skill that the force user has, Mastery upgrade that make the characteristics boosted by 2 to a maximum of 7, and finally two duration upgrades with the first requiring you to commit two die to sustain effects as long as the target is in range and the second which reduces the duration cost to only committing one force die!

Other notes for now about the specs- 

Arbiter is very heavy in the negotiation field with Improved Savvy Negotiator which allows them to make a hard Negotiation check to convince a bystander to see one point of the users opponent to seem "maliciously unreasonable". Arbiter also gets Crucial Point which allows them to introduce a potential concession that an opponent will do nearly anything to obtain in a Negotiation(Stress on occurring in a negotiation situation rather than other social skills) once per session. Combat wise the Arbiter has 2 ranks in reflect, 1 rank in parry and improved sunder which causes two steps of destruction per advantage. Has both dedication and force rating.

Ascetic is my black horse favorite spec, getting some cool talents for sure. First it has two ranks in Force protection maneuver which allows the ascetic to suffer 1 strain to commit force die to increase soak per force die until the beginning of the next turn. Next is Intense focus maneuver which allows them to suffer one strain to upgrade next ability of the next skill check once (Seems like a universal True Aim). The next two talents are tied together a little bit with each requiring the char to have 2 encumbrance or less in items; first is Iron Soul which if you have the prerequisite stated allows you to heal all strain at the end of EACH encounter, second is Empty soul which gives you an automatic light and dark side pip for any force power check. This spec is really a sweet fit for any force-focused char. Has both dedication and force rating and 5 ranks of grit in the tree.

Teacher is very much what the name suggests. It has 2 ranks in Skilled Teacher which allows you to do an incidental before an ally npc in short range uses a skill that they have less ranks in than you and by suffering a number of strain equal to ranks in Skilled Teacher, to add automatic success to that check equal to the amount of strain you suffered. Wise warrior is next which allows you to use an incidental before a combat check to use any characteristic you want for the check at the cost of 1 Destiny point, the improved version allows you to select an ally within short range to also benefit from this ability. Teacher also has encouraging and master instructor, which i believe already exist in previous specs somewhere as well as the already spoiled Once A Learner and Now The Master talents

That is all I got for now, sorry if it is very wordy!