Sign in to follow this  
Nitratas

Terrible Dice quality and longevity

23 hours ago, loki_tbc said:

I think you'll get a few years put of these but if you are expecting these to hold up you are fooling yourself. 

Hello Mr. Negative. I know we age going offtopic here but why we are fooling ourselves? How many new CCGs under such a big banner launched last years? X-wing was supposed to be another casual ship game, now its already 5 years into hardcore tournamenting - if anyone can put some competition to MtG , well its FFG, like they stood up to GW in terms of miniatures.

23 hours ago, loki_tbc said:

That's why the secondary market acting like this is a real CCG ( aka MTG) is just stupid. 

It is real CCG lol.  And i guess its not gonna slow down in the next few years, cause for now they are keeping the momentum and groups are expanding, boosters are sold, games are played. Give me that last MtG even when you saw 1,5 box worth of boosters sold.

Do i smell MTG fan that just hates Destiny or what?

Edited by Vitalis

lolwut

Wizards may face some competition in the CCG market, but suggesting that FFG is capable of creating a competitive rule set is farcical in the extreme. Don't get me wrong, Destiny is fun, but it is by no means a great game. 

As for GW... there isn't another company that makes plastic models as good as they do, plain and simple. They've done as much to restore my faith in their brand this past year or two as FFG has done to alienate me, and that's quite a bit on both accounts. 

1 hour ago, WonderWAAAGH said:

Don't get me wrong, Destiny is fun, but it is by no means a great game. 

For me MtG is not a great game too :P (and i played it for LONG time)

There is no perfect game, period. But imo SWD can compete with MtG in a long run.  If we forget that Mtg has 30 years of history (as standard format does not care), for now they are on par. Yesterday was a good example - MtG fellas was supposed have an event that was supposed to run along our SWD yesterday at our LGS. 
There were 16 guys at SWD and 4 guys at MtG - they didn't even bother to squeeze a table for themselves ;)

I do not say it will, as time will tell , but it has potential.

As for GW... there isn't another company that makes plastic models as good as they do, plain and simple.

Agreed. I wasn't refering to models themselves rather to the community and tournament scene itself.

They've done as much to restore my faith in their brand this past year or two as FFG has done to alienate me, and that's quite a bit on both accounts. 

True again, tide has turned, in favor of GW again IMO. 

8 hours ago, Vitalis said:

Hello Mr. Negative. I know we age going offtopic here but why we are fooling ourselves? How many new CCGs under such a big banner launched last years? X-wing was supposed to be another casual ship game, now its already 5 years into hardcore tournamenting - if anyone can put some competition to MtG , well its FFG, like they stood up to GW in terms of miniatures.

It is real CCG lol.  And i guess its not gonna slow down in the next few years, cause for now they are keeping the momentum and groups are expanding, boosters are sold, games are played. Give me that last MtG even when you saw 1,5 box worth of boosters sold.

Do i smell MTG fan that just hates Destiny or what?

No, what you smell is yourself, a putz who. doesn't know how to read.

If you had followed the thread you'd see we were talking about the dice holding up with use over time. 

I mentioned my old MTG deck looks like *** because we didn't sleeve and I don't expect the dice to hold up to. 20 years of wear and tear from play either.  I am ok with that. 

I also said it's not a real CCG. I stand by that. Maybe I am wrong... is dice masters a real ccg?

Anyway, I don't play MTG and I probably own way more Destiny than most here... so no... you don't smell anything of the sort. 

5 hours ago, loki_tbc said:

I also said it's not a real CCG. I stand by that. Maybe I am wrong... is dice masters a real ccg?

In fact it is. Just dead one. 

Destiny is not dead by any meanst, quite the opposite. 

So , please, enlighten me how you define CCG?

You need playmat and a proper storage. Any playmat makes dice rolling better and I can't say enough good words for Feldherr foam storage solutions.

Edited by player996970

1 hour ago, Vitalis said:

In fact it is. Just dead one. 

Destiny is not dead by any meanst, quite the opposite. 

So , please, enlighten me how you define CCG?

Collectible Card Game. This is something different where the card is the least collectable part of it. In DM the dice were easy to come by. Need one for a rare Gobby? Buy a single common gobby...done.

Here, you only need 1/2 the character cards you ever get. Have a freakin bonfire, it doesnt affect play a tinker's cuss....

3 minutes ago, loki_tbc said:

Collectible Card Game. This is something different where the card is the least collectable part of it. In DM the dice were easy to come by. Need one for a rare Gobby? Buy a single common gobby...done.

Here, you only need 1/2 the character cards you ever get. Have a freakin bonfire, it doesnt affect play a tinker's cuss....

Characters account for 2-3 of the ~33 cards you need to actually play the game. I'd say those other cards are pretty dang essential for deck building...

7 hours ago, WonderWAAAGH said:

Characters account for 2-3 of the ~33 cards you need to actually play the game. I'd say those other cards are pretty dang essential for deck building...

Sure, but find me a "collectible" non-rare/non-legendary. 

I'll wait..... 

They are at most $1 and are so easy to come by I have started throwing them in the trash rather than fill up. boxes with the chaff... 

Seriously, only dice cards have any real collectability.  And the cards can be sleeved so they won't wear but the dice will... 

Edited by loki_tbc

22 minutes ago, loki_tbc said:

I'll wait..... 

They are at most $1 and are so easy to come by I have started throwing them in the trash rather than fill up. boxes with the chaff... 

Seriously, only dice cards have any real collectability.  And the cards can be sleeved so they won't wear but the dice will... 

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/swd-002-150.html

Nine bucks currently, up from six at release. Anyways, I think you missed my point. Redundant character cards may be worthless, but you still need 30 other cards in your deck, rare or otherwise. 

Edited by WonderWAAAGH

10 hours ago, loki_tbc said:

I'll wait..... 

Fast Hands, Imperial Inspection on top of my mind, and they are going to be lot harder to find in few months.

Edited by player996970

I get your point about the whole Uncommons worth money. However look at Magic how many uncommons per set hit the 7-10 dollar range? most are 15 cents it is the very far and between cards that 1 make decks and 2 hold value. Electroshock and Fast hands are anomalies but so is Inquisition of Kozilek.

Onto the CCG point you are right this isn't a CCG it is a CCDG or CDCG whichever FFG puts the order in. The dice are the aspect of the game they seem to be pushing that are the sought after component so those should be what hold up. Cards can be sleeved to preserve their shape, color and durability but the dice have nothing. In time with a lot of people playing this game and seeing if the dice do succumb to damage maybe they can evaluate this and create them in a manner that they hold up. I would recommend storing them someone without friction, rolling them in a dice box with padding or on a mat and in friendly games rolling each die individually to prevent potential scratching. If you don't care play how the game was marketed grab a big handful and roll them out.

Hey everyone. Sorry for digging up the corpse, but did anybody actually get any response from FFG? 

I am new into Star Wars Destiny, and was very confused, when after one game with Ashoka and two with Rey from starter set for two, I've got some heavy damages. Playing on a regular wooden table (can be seen on picture)...

So my first guess was, that I was using Czech localisation, which is produces by local company. So maybe it's worth buying English versions only?
But clearly it is a global issue. 

Being a "collectible" game, will be pretty hard to keep them in good condition playable condition. I ordered sleeves for my cards, and apparently I will need a mat. Any other advices? 

Thanks.

LgU-PjjNRFY.jpg