Isawa Tasatu

Honored General - Lion Personality

Question: 

if your opponent is also running a Lion deck, and has Lion personalities out in play, those personalities do not get the +1 Military, correct? 

EDIT: ..'you control...' 

Edited by LordBlunt

Just now, LordBlunt said:

Question: 

if your opponent is also running a Lion deck, and has Lion personalities out in play, those personalities do not get the +1 Military, correct? 

They dont, it says "you control" on the card

So....yeah.  This guy seems pretty good.  I'd probably rate him behind the Brawler, but it's hard to see another 4-cost guy matching up to this for Lion.  Really covers his bases well, by coming in Honored he's already huge and lowers the risk of investing into a fatty only for it to get rendered ineffectual by dishonor.  He's another good body for Political challenges, and obviously he's very hard to stop in military.  Even when he's bowed he can still contribute plenty of Mil strength.  He works very well with Steadfast Samurai, both with the pump and by getting that extra bit of incremental honor gain.  

Guess that rules out an Honor keyword that honors the character upon it entering play.

Is anyone else seeing a slight discrepancy between the orientation of the Lion mon in the template versus the textual icon? It's only like ten degrees or so, if indeed my eyes aren't simply playing tricks on me.

Edited by Ide Yoshiya

11 minutes ago, AtoMaki said:

I only changed my avatar because I felt like there are too few Lion Mons circulating on this forum... but as of now, I'm starting to see it as some sort of divine sign that maybe I should go Lion. 

I changed mine because of the Kolat game that nobody seems to have been onboard with, but as of now, I'm starting to see it as some sort of divine sign that I should step back from this game altogether and hold out for Legend of the Burning Sands.

Ok Lion-O......we get it, you win the military conflict.  But, it looks like that was an unsanctioned attack.  I'll see you in court.

4 fate for 5 military and 1 honor upon death looks to be very good even if you don't use his ability Or invest any additional fate on him. If you've managed to gather a swarm of cats, which looks to be Lion's thing, that could be a pretty huge military skill bonus. I'll be I retested to see how they stacks up against other military focused clans.  I hope they do Crab next so we can see some other military options.

7 minutes ago, Wintersong said:

I find curious that his reaction is not a forced one. Still, good card and good to get preview before the fiction. :D

From their previous games, they usually use Force Reaction when the effect is a bad one for the owner. They don't need to mark it as forced if it's something good for you.

8 minutes ago, Iuchi Toshimo said:

Lion is already a ridiculous Military powerhouse, do they really need a 4-cost that is basically extra +Mil numbers?

I mean, the Crane 4-costers actually do other stuff.

Is this a win more card? 

I feel like this is on the same power level as Asahina Storyteller or Guest of Honor.
Also, they don't do stuff.  In fact, one prevents your opponent from doing things. They are both printed traits? (not sure the right word).

17 minutes ago, Iuchi Toshimo said:

Lion is already a ridiculous Military powerhouse, do they really need a 4-cost that is basically extra +Mil numbers?

I mean, the Crane 4-costers actually do other stuff.

Is this a win more card? 

I'm sure Lion will be given cards with text like "if you win a military conflict by X strength, do this devastating effect." 

Edited by Joe From Cincinnati

3 minutes ago, LordBlunt said:

Sorry, another question here: 

can all personalities, such as this one too, be removed with that Assassinated Neutral card? My guess is yes, but I needed to ask. 

I seem to recall Assassination only affecting characters with low printed cost.