Jump to content
rabid1903

New Kihraxz Builds

Recommended Posts

So, with the new Kihraxz fix there are a huge number of options. Here are some of the ones that appear to be surfacing immediately (I'll try to keep it updated.)

Talonbane Cobra (33 point ace)
-Engine Upgrade, Vectored Thrusters, Autothrusters, Attani Mindlink, Inertial Dampeners, Tracer Rounds

Black Sun Ace (24 point jack of all trades)
-Attani Mindlink, BMST, Tracer Rounds, Vectored Thrusters, Guidance Chips, Pulsed Ray Shield

 

What are some other ones people have thought of? I'm actually a big fan of the 24 point Black Sun Ace for the pure versatility it offers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like it. Even if you don't take 5 of them, it's a potent little ship for 20 points.

An alternative that I kicked around was bumping them up to 22 points to change the Tracers into an Ion Pulse Missile to add a bit of control. Sacrifices a whole ship, which might make it better to bump up to a Black Sun Ace and add Attani Mindlink.  Not sure which would end up being more effective.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Rakaydos said:

Cartel marauder, BMST, Thread tracer, munition failsafe, guidance chips, x5

all ships focus, furthest ship fires a tracer with +1 hit, if it misses no loss, to give the others TL with their focus, then 3 die fully modified spam.

yah I'm definitely going to be trying this.  Too bad I need 3 copies of the **** expansion to get 5 titles...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kinda out there but

Black Sun Ace, with Mindlink, Proton Rockets, Scavenger Crane, Stealth, Vectored Thrusters and Chips for 29 could be pretty hilarious.

Edit:  or

Black Sun Ace, with Deadeye, Cluster Missiles, Scavenger Crane, Vectored Thrusters and Chips for 26.  

Edited by pickirk01

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, pickirk01 said:

Kinda out there but

Black Sun Ace, with Mindlink, Proton Rockets, Scavenger Crane, Stealth, Vectored Thrusters and Chips for 29 could be pretty hilarious.

Edit:  or

Black Sun Ace, with Deadeye, Cluster Missiles, Scavenger Crane, Vectored Thrusters and Chips for 26.  

I actually really like the second one, but with Mindlink. Cluster Missiles are a range 1-2 missile, so it's less vulnerable to losing a Target Lock due to PS. Mindlink let's you still fire a modded shot with Guidance Chips. I'd be tempted to drop the Thrusters in order to get another ship in though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Expose! Expose! You must use Expose.

The whole point of this pack was to make Expose good. Come on, read the article. I mean, if they are willing to buy into it .... :rolleyes:

Let see,

Talonbane Cobra, Title, Mind Link, Vector Thrusters, Engine Upgrade, Autothrusters for 34 pts

or

Fenn Rau, Mind Link, Autothrusters for 31 pts

One is clearly better than the other, though I guess you'll see both on the table at the same time.

Toss in

Contracted Scout, Mindlink, Plasma Torpedoes, Extra Munitions, K4 Security Droid, Unhinged Astromech, Guidance Chips for 35pt.

New scumlife list.

Edited by Mep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think even cheap could be nice:

Viktor Hel with title

  • Vectored Thrusters
  • Intensity

Cheap and not bad at all!    

Dare I suggest.....

Viktor Hel with title

  • Crackshot
  • Advanced Homing Missile! (2 pt)
  • Guidance Chip
  • Munitions Failsafe!

All for 27 pts!

You don't want him at R3, but if he gets in R2, he gets to fire that Advanced Homing Missile.  It's 3 red dice, but he's got Crackshot and GC.  If you miss, you get to keep it.  

Edited by heychadwick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, rabid1903 said:

I actually really like the second one, but with Mindlink. Cluster Missiles are a range 1-2 missile, so it's less vulnerable to losing a Target Lock due to PS. Mindlink let's you still fire a modded shot with Guidance Chips. I'd be tempted to drop the Thrusters in order to get another ship in though.

At first I did too, until I realized the Scavenger crane lets any of your ships get Missiles OR Modifications back when any ship in range dies.  So if one of them has lost stealth but till has the Rockets, they can get stealth back when either an enemy or friendly dies.

  • Black Sun Ace, with Mindlink, Proton Rockets, Scavenger Crane, Stealth Device, Vectored Thrusters, Chips 29
  • Black Sun Ace, with Mindlink, Proton Rockets, Scavenger Crane, Stealth Device, Vectored Thrusters, Chips 29
  • Black Sun Ace, with Mindlink, S-Thread Tracers, Scavenger Crane, Chips 24
  • Kaa'to Leeachos, Mindlink, S-Threads, Chips 18

100 points.

The two Rocket carriers can potentially get Locks and Focuses from others while they use their barrel roll to get range and/or arcs.

 

Edit:  Left off some of Leeachos Build

Edited by pickirk01

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, rabid1903 said:

So, with the new Kihraxz fix there are a huge number of options. Here are some of the ones that appear to be surfacing immediately (I'll try to keep it updated.)

Talonbane Cobra (33 point ace)
-Engine Upgrade, Vectored Thrusters, Autothrusters, Attani Mindlink, Inertial Dampeners, Tracer Rounds

Black Sun Ace (24 point jack of all trades)
-Attani Mindlink, BMST, Tracer Rounds, Vectored Thrusters, Guidance Chips, Pulsed Ray Shield

 

What are some other ones people have thought of? I'm actually a big fan of the 24 point Black Sun Ace for the pure versatility it offers.

Missed tracer rounds, is that in the reveal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pickirk01 said:

Yeah but the chance to get to re-use the missiles with Scavenger Crane is hard to pass up.  So many decisions.

I know!  You actually have to make decisions with it.   That's pretty cool.   At least you can always use Munitions Failsafe for free.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, heychadwick said:

I think even cheap could be nice:

Viktor Hel with title

  • Vectored Thrusters
  • Intensity

Cheap and not bad at all!    

Dare I suggest.....

Viktor Hel with title

  • Crackshot
  • Advanced Homing Missile! (2 pt)
  • Guidance Chip
  • Munitions Failsafe!

All for 27 pts!

You don't want him at R3, but if he gets in R2, he gets to fire that Advanced Homing Missile.  It's 3 red dice, but he's got Crackshot and GC.  If you miss, you get to keep it.  

I like stealth device for viktor and possibly scavenger crane to get it back

Edited by VanderLegion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Evenflow30 said:

Talonbane- 

-Fearlessness,Vaksai title, AT,SD, stygium particle accelerator, and cloaking device.

Risky, but fun and can hit like a ton of bricks.

You can't use AT unless you also have Engine Upgrade in there, as you need boost.

So just use that exact same squad, but with Engine Upgrade instead of Stealth Device! 34 points of "I'm gonna punch you in the face!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PhantomFO said:

You can't use AT unless you also have Engine Upgrade in there, as you need boost.

So just use that exact same squad, but with Engine Upgrade instead of Stealth Device! 34 points of "I'm gonna punch you in the face!"

Good catch! I'll edit that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rabid1903 said:

Black Sun Ace (24 point jack of all trades)
-Attani Mindlink, BMST, Tracer Rounds, Vectored Thrusters, Guidance Chips, Pulsed Ray Shield

That's 25 points.  Black Sun Ace is 23, Pulsed Ray Shield and Vectored Thrusters are both 2 points each.

Can still get 4 in a list, but I'd prefer 3 and Palob.

1 hour ago, VanderLegion said:

yah I'm definitely going to be trying this.  Too bad I need 3 copies of the **** expansion to get 5 titles...

I'm more annoyed about the prospect of having to pick up 5 x Inquisitor's TIEs... :(

 

Edited by FTS Gecko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, heychadwick said:

It is good.....but I kind of want to find a use for Advanced Homing Missiles!!!!  :lol:

I already have one (before this reveal). 

PS9 Alpha (99)

Fenn Rau (36) - Protectorate Starfighter
Push The Limit (3), Proton Torpedoes (4), Concord Dawn Protector (1), Guidance Chips (0)

Talonbane Cobra (36) - Kihraxz
Crack Shot (1), Homing Missiles (5), Glitterstim (2), Guidance Chips (0)

Genesis Red (27) - M3-A "Scyk" Interceptor
Veteran Instincts (1), "Heavy Scyk" Interceptor (2), Guidance Chips (0), Homing Missiles (5)

Title means you free up 3 more points for upgrades. 

 

Edit whoopss. Missed the "advanced"

Edited by VanderLegion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, VanderLegion said:

I already have one (before this reveal). 

PS9 Alpha (99)

Fenn Rau (36) - Protectorate Starfighter
Push The Limit (3), Proton Torpedoes (4), Concord Dawn Protector (1), Guidance Chips (0)

Talonbane Cobra (36) - Kihraxz
Crack Shot (1), Homing Missiles (5), Glitterstim (2), Guidance Chips (0)

Genesis Red (27) - M3-A "Scyk" Interceptor
Veteran Instincts (1), "Heavy Scyk" Interceptor (2), Guidance Chips (0), Homing Missiles (5)

Title means you free up 3 more points for upgrades. 

 

Edit whoopss. Missed the "advanced"

Heck, Cobra can add a Munitions Failsafe to that for free now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Talonbane Cobra (28)
Attanni Mindlink (1)
Homing Missiles (5)
Cloaking Device (2)
Engine Upgrade (4)
Autothrusters (2)
Stygium Particle Accelerator (2)
Vaksai (0)

Fenn Rau (28)
Attanni Mindlink (1)
Autothrusters (2)
Concord Dawn Protector (1)

Old Teroch (26)
Attanni Mindlink (1)
Autothrusters (2)
Concord Dawn Protector (1)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...