Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzywookie

It's official

Got to love all these people who apparently hate this game, think it's gone down the gurgler, lost its magic, etc. etc. but yet still find the time and/or need to come on the official forum and tell the rest of us - WHO ACTUALLY STILL ENJOY THE GAME - just how terrible it is and how wrong we are for still liking it.

#THEINTERNET

1 hour ago, VanderLegion said:

With regards to lightweight frame, I'd argue it's actaully a bad upgrade for the SF.  Sure, you cang uarantee trigger your ability on quickdraw, but you're just killing yourself faster.  If you're flying quickdraw you WILL have your ability trigger (or you'll win without him taking damage, at which point who cares if he didn't trigger).

Did you mean Baffle on this one? Lightweight Frame only gives you an extra evade die if your opponent has more red dice than you have green dice. That's pretty great for all SF builds.

If you meant Baffle, then it still has its place. One of the more horrifying squads at my local shop had a Swarm Leader Quickdraw with Electronic Baffle, running alongside Youngster with Rage and a quartet of Academy Pilots. The Quickdraw Pilot was able to use Baffle and Swarm Leader to get two 5-dice attacks out of its forward firing arc, with a focus token and rerolls, at PS9. It was six dice at range 1. It's like being double-tapped by the Death Star.

This is the new Imperial Doctrine. Arc dodging is out. Ridiculous alpha strikes are very, very in.

4 minutes ago, Dr Zoidberg said:

Got to love all these people who apparently hate this game, think it's gone down the gurgler, lost its magic, etc. etc. but yet still find the time and/or need to come on the official forum and tell the rest of us - WHO ACTUALLY STILL ENJOY THE GAME - just how terrible it is and how wrong we are for still liking it.

#THEINTERNET

Welcome to the internet, where only the complaints rise to the top. Personally, I love the game. I enjoy flying against all the stuff and with all the stuff.

If the game is no longer fun for you, try playing with someone else. If it's still not fun no matter where you go, it's probably not the game that's the reason (not that you have to keep playing or that it's bad for you to be the reason)

24 minutes ago, Ebak said:

Attributing failures in ability down merely to luck is a discredit to your opponent, their list, and a simplification. I see it as someone saying "Oh, your victory had NOTHING to do with you being a good player/pilot, my dice just let me down." or "I didn't make a mistake, I simply got unlucky" and while luck is a factor in the game, it is one that can be mitigated, removed and influenced at every turn.

If luck was such a high factor, we wouldn't have a three time world champ.

Now, I used to think like this, and sometimes I instinctively do. However, upon reflection I nearly always find that my tactics were not sound, I approached things wrong or simply made a mistake, which does happen and yes is costly regardless of the faction you are playing. The closest you come to 'luck' for me in this game is the match ups in tournaments. Some lists are just bad against others because of the archetype and this is what kept the game in line during the earlier days...as time has gone on its become harder to balance that knife edge especially when you can pretty much be sure you'll go up against a list that is inherintly good against yours by sheer value of numbers.

I get it, you want Empire to be strong again, I want Rebels to do well. Scum won worlds 2017, and sadly the timing of this new release (which would have been in the works LONG before worlds 2017) is very bad and has people making incorrect statements about FFG's desire.

FFG are not fools, a healthy balanced game will go further than having the game stagnate and die a wheezing death akin to the Dark Lord himself. They screwed up on the Jumpmaster, take that b**t**d away or hit it with a +5 point cost, you know what happens? The house of cards that is Scum might come crashing down. Yes protectorates are good, Lancers are good...but the JumpMaster was a spectacular ship that just has everything going for it. I personally think FFG should just bite the bullet and increase it's cost. Their current method isn't helping as they are attempting to fix the JM problem with putting a bandaid over a wound when the patient is actually dying from internal bleeding. They are not addressing the root problem. The problem is public percetion...if they just go and alter the price suddenly it becomes easy for people to say:

RPOTIWTTKB*: "Oh just lower the cost of this ship"
FFG: "We can't just do that..."
RPOTIWTTKB*: "Well..you did it for the Jumpmaster!"
FFG: "Yes but the Jumpmaster was an issue and there was no other-"
RPOTIWTTKB*: "YOU DID IT FOR THE JUMPMASTER SO YOU CAN DO IT FOR [INSERT PERSONAL BELOVED SHIP HERE]."

That's the problem, it creates a slippery slope. A can of worms they only just opened a little bit more with them changing the entire text of cards in order to broaden the meta a little bit. Plus to be honest...as much as I like Imperials, I was getting tired of seeing Palpatine + X ship + Y ship...

I want a stable and balanced meta, not one where the Empire rules supreme, not one where Scum rule whether they be Rebel scum or Scum and Villainy. However, this is hard to do and everyone has a warped perspective on things.

(General statement, not focused at you specifically) Don't bite the hand that feeds you, if you want the game to evolve and get strong don't call FFG incompetant when we know everyone has been incompetant at least once in their lives and they are the only ones who can balance the game.

*RPOTIWTTKB - Random Person On The Internet Who Thinks They Know Better. (I know, a tad ironic given what I've said....but it seems EVERYONE knows what will fix the meta and EVERYONE has a different fix and it tends to always put one faction in favor in some regard. Let the game designers design games.)

Lets be clear. I KNOW what the coming fix is- eviscerate the other factions like Imps were eviscerated- fair and equal. I just hope you're all as sympathetic when the nerfhammer comes for your goto lists. I hope so, I really do...

Once you call down the FAQ-hammer it's the only option. I fully realize that you're all going to feel it too- Jumpmasters are getting at *least* a 5 point increase, Attani is going to give actions instead of tokens, Sabine is going to get a range/ship restriction, and Biggs is going to be unrecognizable when he's flattened. I just hope you all remember the Imps who called it first, and warned you that the FAQ-hammer was a slippery slope.

Believe me, I don't like it at all. I wish they had just left well enough alone, or failing that, released 2.0 where they addressed all the problems with the game AT THE SAME TIME.

23 minutes ago, PhantomFO said:

Did you mean Baffle on this one? Lightweight Frame only gives you an extra evade die if your opponent has more red dice than you have green dice. That's pretty great for all SF builds.

If you meant Baffle, then it still has its place. One of the more horrifying squads at my local shop had a Swarm Leader Quickdraw with Electronic Baffle, running alongside Youngster with Rage and a quartet of Academy Pilots. The Quickdraw Pilot was able to use Baffle and Swarm Leader to get two 5-dice attacks out of its forward firing arc, with a focus token and rerolls, at PS9. It was six dice at range 1. It's like being double-tapped by the Death Star.

This is the new Imperial Doctrine. Arc dodging is out. Ridiculous alpha strikes are very, very in.

Yah that was supposed to be baffle

6 minutes ago, Johen Dood said:

Lets be clear. I KNOW what the coming fix is- eviscerate the other factions like Imps were eviscerated- fair and equal. I just hope you're all as sympathetic when the nerfhammer comes for your goto lists. I hope so, I really do...

Once you call down the FAQ-hammer it's the only option. I fully realize that you're all going to feel it too- Jumpmasters are getting at *least* a 5 point increase, Attani is going to give actions instead of tokens, Sabine is going to get a range/ship restriction, and Biggs is going to be unrecognizable when he's flattened. I just hope you all remember the Imps who called it first, and warned you that the FAQ-hammer was a slippery slope.

Believe me, I don't like it at all. I wish they had just left well enough alone, or failing that, released 2.0 where they addressed all the problems with the game AT THE SAME TIME.

Yes...leave well enough alone when X7's weren't effected by blocking and would get rewards from poor flying while their buddy Palpatine had full knowledge on their dice rolls and thus had no risk factor involved and no range restriction.

Since you still hold and stick to your guns about the game being all scum all the time. I wait for the day an Imperial or Rebel release makes you systematically eat those words. However, since we can't convinice you otherwise that a day like that will come and you refuse to accept the possibility of that and merely repeat this to seemingly do nothing but annoy people, why don't you do us all a favor: Press that red cross in the upper right of the screen, red dot if you are using a mac, or the home button if you are on a mobile device...and never open this forum again.

Interesting and thoughtful debate and discussion is all well and good, when it decends into 'The Sky is Falling!' then I welcome that sky in the hope it crushes a-holes beneath it, and we all know; Rebellions are built on hope.

Edited by Ebak

10 minutes ago, Johen Dood said:

Imperials weren't eviscerated. Their two most OP upgrades were brought down to where they're still usable (and x7 is still very good), but not broken OP anymore. 

Jumpmasters won't get a 5'point increase. IF ffg does decide to do the first point change in the game, it'll most likely be 2-3 points. Mindlink will get some form of nerf. I'm really hoping they don't turn it into actions, because unlike x7,p that WILL kill it. 

A range limit on Sabine doesn't really help if it's Miranda flying around carrying her and dropping bombs in someone's face. 

Who knows what they might do to Biggs. 

Honestly though as long as they don't need jumpmasters so hard they're completely unplayable, I'll be fine. 

For as BAD as imps are supposedly, I sure seem to face them a lot on vassal.  Triple aces are still amazing as ever.  I usually lose to them, but that's because I usually run jousting lists and/or lower PS lists.

For as overpowered and underpriced jumps and mindlinked scum are, at least I know I can have shots on them, as well as actually damage them with those shots.

I think, IMO, as a whole the imps are the best faction at the moment probably, they have two pretty bad ships (firespray and punisher), both shuttles and maybe tie bombers are average, the rest are all good to great ships with fair pricing and multiple usable pilots. 

I rather bring things OP elements in the game down to their level then bring imps up even higher.  If that happens jousting lists are probably dead.

Everyone is calling Biggs overpowered, when the issue is that he is just a crutch.
The red dice and action economy powercreep has increased the damage output a lot from the early days of X-wing. 

Back then, a B-wing with 8 hitpoints was a beast and hard to take down, since most attacks in the game were 2 dice, with a single modification.
Today, everyone plays stuff that throws at least 3 dice double modified. That B-wing is going to be volatilized in one round.

The ships Rebels have that can deal a sustainable amount of damage are slow, tanky and superexpensive ships. Like the Ghost, ARC-170, K-wings, T-70s, ...
These aren't tanky enough to withstand nowaway's damage output.
They aren't agile enough to arcdodge while still getting shots.
They aren't regenerating shields fast enough to make a difference with current peak damage thrown at them.

So them all need an extra health buffer to get to do anything before blowing up. That's Biggs.
Biggs is there to just deliver the expensive ship within firing range, so that it can do something before exploding.

If you have a slow, expensive ship, then you have to bring the Biggs insurance.
Removing Biggs will only remove those ships from the table.
Not removing Biggs will also keep Rebels having to use it.

So the problem isn't Biggs. The problem is the entire Rebel faction design of slow, clumsy, tanky, expensive ships, that are no longer good enough by themselves to survive without a mustached meat shield.
So either FFG redesigns the Rebel faction so more ships are able to deliver before being deleted from the table, or they need to undo the power creep of the recent waves, so that there aren't round 2 alpha strikes that delete half of the rebel squadron in one round, or infinite procket-carrying aces, or double/triple modified 4-5 dice attacks, or several of them at the same time.

Edited by Azrapse

3 hours ago, Azrapse said:

Everyone is calling Biggs overpowered, when the issue is that he is just a crutch.
The red dice and action economy powercreep has increased the damage output a lot from the early days of X-wing. 

Back then, a B-wing with 8 hitpoints was a beast and hard to take down, since most attacks in the game were 2 dice, with a single modification.
Today, everyone plays stuff that throws at least 3 dice double modified. That B-wing is going to be volatilized in one round.

The ships Rebels have that can deal a sustainable amount of damage are slow, tanky and superexpensive ships. Like the Ghost, ARC-170, K-wings, T-70s, ...
These aren't tanky enough to withstand nowaway's damage output.
They aren't agile enough to arcdodge while still getting shots.
They aren't regenerating shields fast enough to make a difference with current peak damage thrown at them.

So them all need an extra health buffer to get to do anything before blowing up. That's Biggs.
Biggs is there to just deliver the expensive ship within firing range, so that it can do something before exploding.

Removing Biggs will only remove those ships from the table.
Not removing Biggs will also keep Rebels having to use it.

So the problem isn't Biggs. The problem is the entire Rebel faction design of slow, clumsy, tanky, expensive ships, that are no longer good enough by themselves to survive without a mustached meat shield.
So either FFG redesigns the Rebel faction so more ships are able to deliver before being deleted from the table, or they need to undo the power creep of the recent waves, so that there aren't round 2 alpha strikes that delete half of the rebel squadron in one round, or infinite procket-carrying aces, or double/triple modified 4-5 dice attacks, or several of them at the same time.

I have been saying this for a while now: The solution is NOT to give Rebels the same high offensive supper-aces so we can remove Biggs, together with the entire factions identity, NOR is it to nerf everything down to the wave 3 power-level.

The solution is to embrace the meat-shield as an essential archetype for Rebels and give them meaningful alternatives to Biggs in the form of other meat-shield ships that serve the same purpose, but do it in a different way. If we do that we can think about changing Biggs. The keyword here is CHANGING not NURFING. If Rebels have alternatives we can consider giving Biggs a completely new ability, that lets him fill the same role, but involves decision making rather then automation.  

Edited by Duskwalker

7 hours ago, VanderLegion said:

Imperials weren't eviscerated. Their two most OP upgrades were brought down to where they're still usable (and x7 is still very good), but not broken OP anymore. 

Why are you always referring Palpatine and x7 as OP? They never were. Not statistically. I´m sorry if it was a drag to see similiar lists one after another, but that does not make them OP. Imperials didn´t have much else to have success with. Now they don´t have even that.

Imperials were not eviscerated? Why we did not see any Imperial lists even at top 8 this year? Stop making things up and see the facts for yourself. Oh, and the ship ratings as well.

10 minutes ago, Pretty Green said:

Why are you always referring Palpatine and x7 as OP? They never were. Not statistically.

I am pretty sure there is math out there that says otherwise, and considering that not to long ago the meta consisted entirely of Defenders, with and without Palp and varies flavors of jumpmasters while Rebels where deader then Imperials are now the problem is not that Imps where hit to hard, it is that Scum was not hit hard enough.

Edited by Duskwalker

3 minutes ago, Pretty Green said:

Why are you always referring Palpatine and x7 as OP? They never were. Not statistically. I´m sorry if it was a drag to see similiar lists one after another, but that does not make them OP. Imperials didn´t have much else to have success with. Now they don´t have even that.

Imperials were not eviscerated? Why we did not see any Imperial lists even at top 8 this year? Stop making things up and see the facts for yourself. Oh, and the ship ratings as well.

Major Juggler disagreed with you when he talked about his results. Palpatine pushed his lists to absurd levels of efficiency, creating a highly unhealthy situation where generic pilots were not only much harder to fly (not having knowledge of the board state, easy to fly dials, and all the tools for repositioning), but also much less efficient - meaning that if you were to joust the Palpaces, statisticaly you'd lose. So it was not enough to outfly them by forcing a joust, you actually had to super-outfly them having none of the tools required for that and then you still had to get lucky. That is why Palpatine needed to be toned down a lot.

x7s are a similar issue, being more efficient than the baseline ships of Z95 and TIE/ln, but with the added benefit of a dial that allows for way more consistent actions. Triple Crack Defenders was literaly always better than a 6 Crack or Pattyswarm. Now at least they lose their efficiency when blocked, so there is counterplay possible - if you don't get outplayed, though, they are still exactly the same.

Note also that "but the other stuff is so op, too" is not an argument here. You know what was one of the few things with even more gross numbers? Dengaroo. And that absolutely had to go, too. Obviously some things were missed, but that is no reason not to start somewhere.

All I read here is FFG didn't release what *I* want. As has been said, mostly irrelevant ships have been given a lifeline, same thing as what happened to lets say ummm Defenders. I doubt that the Khiraxvtrdshuez and the Viper will have such an impact that Defenders did, but I take that as a good thing. 

2 hours ago, Admiral Deathrain said:

Major Juggler disagreed with you when he talked about his results. Palpatine pushed his lists to absurd levels of efficiency, creating a highly unhealthy situation where generic pilots were not only much harder to fly (not having knowledge of the board state, easy to fly dials, and all the tools for repositioning), but also much less efficient - meaning that if you were to joust the Palpaces, statisticaly you'd lose. So it was not enough to outfly them by forcing a joust, you actually had to super-outfly them having none of the tools required for that and then you still had to get lucky. That is why Palpatine needed to be toned down a lot.

x7s are a similar issue, being more efficient than the baseline ships of Z95 and TIE/ln, but with the added benefit of a dial that allows for way more consistent actions. Triple Crack Defenders was literaly always better than a 6 Crack or Pattyswarm. Now at least they lose their efficiency when blocked, so there is counterplay possible - if you don't get outplayed, though, they are still exactly the same.

Note also that "but the other stuff is so op, too" is not an argument here. You know what was one of the few things with even more gross numbers? Dengaroo. And that absolutely had to go, too. Obviously some things were missed, but that is no reason not to start somewhere.

I was talking about the ship ranking after the nerfing (to point out that even Defenders are not at the top) - to my knowledge we don´t have a similiar from before. The last tournament data speaks for itself.

Outflying predictable moves is not that hard and Palpatine in a Lambda could also be destroyed. The game is full of tricks which give you automatic evades, Palpatine was no different in that sense. Very expensive and very good one, admitted.

So what if Triple crack Defenders were statistically better than 6 crackswarm? I bet lots of thing are better than 6 crackswarm.

I have never used "but the other stuff is OP too" as my argument. Palpatine just wasn´t. I can live with the x7 nerf, even if it was unjustified.

57 minutes ago, Pretty Green said:

I was talking about the ship ranking after the nerfing (to point out that even Defenders are not at the top) - to my knowledge we don´t have a similiar from before. The last tournament data speaks for itself.

Outflying predictable moves is not that hard and Palpatine in a Lambda could also be destroyed. The game is full of tricks which give you automatic evades, Palpatine was no different in that sense. Very expensive and very good one, admitted.

So what if Triple crack Defenders were statistically better than 6 crackswarm? I bet lots of thing are better than 6 crackswarm.

I have never used "but the other stuff is OP too" as my argument. Palpatine just wasn´t. I can live with the x7 nerf, even if it was unjustified.

However, FFG said repeatedly that the TIE Fighter was supposed to be the benchmark and, AFAIK, they never went back on that statement. This means that, if something is better than a TIE swarm at stuff a TIE swarm is supposed to be good at (namely jousting), it means it's probably too good in the view of the game designers. 

19 hours ago, Spider said:

There will always be better ships vs worse ships, and better upgrades vs worse upgrades.

and the forums will always be filled by endless whining about the stuff that works.

Yes, there will always be some ships better than other ships.   How much better or worse those ships are is really the question.   I think someone else best described it as "sanding down the spike" of power levels.   So, the real abusive ships are the ones that will be nerfed.  After that,  you will see things like the Scum buff for the weaker ships.  Most ships will be about the same power level.  I believe that you will see greater variance in what you can fly and still be considered competitive at top tables after the next Nerfing.  

Empire absolutely aren't allowed nice things. It's actually a rule at this point.

Now, this I don't understand.   If by "nice things" you mean these super arc dodging aces that can have a lot of red dice thrown at them and still come out unscathed, then yes, they can't have nice things.  If you mean aren't able to have a competitive build, then I think you are completely wrong.   The latest Worlds shows that there are some outlier OP stuff.   Just nerf them and we will see the power level be a lot more level.  If you don't have to face the broken stuff all the time, then you should be fine.  

And scum aren't allowed to be different from rebels, or have any definable flavour.

they seemingly need to be inferior rebels, sans Biggs.

I also don't get this at all.  You don't think Scum are different than Rebels?  Really?   Most of their ships are utterly different than Rebels, except the Z-95 and Y-wing.  They have Illicits that very few Rebel ships can take.  They have Salvaged Astromechs vs. regular Astromechs.   Their Crews are very different.   How are Rebels and Scum the same?  I just don't get it.  Also, how are they inferior?  

14 hours ago, Ebak said:

"They screwed up on the Jumpmaster, take that b**t**d away or hit it with a +5 point cost..."

Excuse me while I cherry-pick your well typed diatribe.

Maybe, for the game's health, we have a bit of fun and give pilots and adversaries alike a reason to feel OK about the game and themselves when there are JK5s on the mat, I know I would, and I fly them, haha (evilly).

Jumpmaster 5000, Title

(you must equip this card), now you can feel better for your opponent as he glares at you less; perhaps finding some actual self-esteem. You can also add any other Title card to this ship.

cost (5)

9 hours ago, Azrapse said:

First off.....if anything is considered AUTO INCLUDE then it's not a good design and should be changed.  

Next, I don't see "the entire Rebel faction design of slow, clumsy, tanky, expensive ships" part.  Do you mean only what's currently flown for tournaments?   I mean, there are only 4 Rebel large based ships compared to 12 small based ships, which doesn't even go into pilot count.  25% of Rebel ships are large based.   How do you get "entire".    The only thing I can think of is "competitive for tournament play".   Well, once they nerf the last OP ships, then you will see a lot more ships that are viable for play than just the large based ships.  Also, I remember Turret-wing where large based ships with Turrets were super nimble and able to get out of firing arcs.   How is that they have suddenly turned "clunky"?  The only thing I can think of is the Ghost being the exception.  

53 minutes ago, heychadwick said:

First off.....if anything is considered AUTO INCLUDE then it's not a good design and should be changed.  

Next, I don't see "the entire Rebel faction design of slow, clumsy, tanky, expensive ships" part.  Do you mean only what's currently flown for tournaments?   I mean, there are only 4 Rebel large based ships compared to 12 small based ships, which doesn't even go into pilot count.  25% of Rebel ships are large based.   How do you get "entire".    The only thing I can think of is "competitive for tournament play".   Well, once they nerf the last OP ships, then you will see a lot more ships that are viable for play than just the large based ships.  Also, I remember Turret-wing where large based ships with Turrets were super nimble and able to get out of firing arcs.   How is that they have suddenly turned "clunky"?  The only thing I can think of is the Ghost being the exception.  

I am re-reading my post and I cannot find any mention to large ships.
I said slow, clumsy, tanky, expensive ships. Like the ARC-170, the B-wing, the wookie gunship, the HWK-290, the K-wing, the Y-wing, the U-wing, and the VCX-100.
(Even the X-wing doesn't have a dial that feel particularly agile).

They all have in common that they have slow or clumsy dials; they have little agility, if any; they become expensive when properly equipped for doing their jobs; and they main design concept is that they are tanky, or pack a lot of hitpoints to make for their clumsiness. 

Bigg is autoinclude not because it's that good, but because it is the gatekeeper to make most of those ships viable.
Seriously, I bet any rebel player would rather bring other ship than Biggs if he weren't neccessary. But few people dare to bring a 9 hitpoint, 1 agility, crappy dial ship that costs 40 points if they cannot be sure that it will survive long enough to pay for their cost.

As Alex Davy himself said in a podcast, Rebels have pilots where the question isn't whether they are going to survive, but for how long. I think he mentioned in particular Keyan Farlander. It's a good pilot with good ability, but it's just gonna die sooner or later. So you need to make sure he kills more points than he is worth. And how do you do that in the current environment with a ship whose main asset is to have 8 hitpoints? You can't, unless you give him an invulnerability period at the beginning of the match, that is what Biggs is.

These Rebel ships are, by themselves, unfit for this environment of peak damage and over the top action enconomy. Biggs is just the broken ship they need to use to have a chance.
But it's not Biggs that has to be changed because it's too good! He's a crutch! You don't remove the crutches of a one-legged man because they are autoinclude for him! You need to give him new legs. Then he will stop using crutches.

Edited by Azrapse

6 minutes ago, Azrapse said:

I am re-reading my post and I cannot find any mention to large ships.
I said slow, clumsy, tanky, expensive ships. Like the ARC-170, the B-wing, the wookie gunship, the HWK-290, the K-wing, the Y-wing, the U-wing, and the VCX-100.
(Even the X-wing doesn't have a dial that feel particularly agile).

They all have in common that they have slow or clumsy dials; they have little agility, if any; they become expensive when properly equipped for doing their jobs; and they main design concept is that they are tanky, or pack a lot of hitpoints to make for their clumsiness. 

Bigg is autoinclude not because it's that good, but because it is the gatekeeper to make most of those ships viable.
Seriously, I bet any rebel player would rather bring other ship than Biggs if he weren't neccessary. But few people dare to bring a 9 hitpoint, 1 agility, crappy dial ship that costs 40 points if they cannot be sure that it will survive long enough to pay for their cost.

As Alex Davy himself said in a podcast, Rebels have pilots where the question isn't whether they are going to survive, but for how long. I think he mentioned in particular Keyan Farlander. It's a good pilot with good ability, but it's just gonna die sooner or later. So you need to make sure he kills more points than he is worth. And how do you do that in the current environment with a ship whose main asset is to have 8 hitpoints? You can't, unless you give him an invulnerability period at the beginning of the match, that is what Biggs is.

These Rebel ships are, by themselves, unfit for this environment of peak damage and over the top action enconomy. Biggs is just the broken ship they need to use to have a chance.

OK....that explanation makes more sense.  Still, that's only 7 out of 16 ships (that are released) that can be considered "clunky".   They aren't all 40 pt ships with 1 agility, either.