Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzywookie

It's official

I actually like the idea of Viktor with stealth device.  Basically gives you rebel captive, but could potentially work against multiple ships at once.  A mindlink list really doesn't like him if they don't strip his stealth device the first shot.

Let´s look what has happened recently:

Imperials got nerfed. I´ve been trying to ask the reasons behind this and the best I´ve got is "Palpatine and x7´s were OP" and "They did it to broaden Imperial lists".

First of all, Palpatine and x7´s were never OP, otherwise they would have been almost unbeatable and had nearly all the top places in tournaments. Secondly, if you want variance to lists, how about making obsolete ships playable? You can´t balme people for playing something that had success.

TIE Punisher sucks hard. TIE Bomber got some upgrades, it´s still worse bomber than the rebel version and soon "rebel and scum bomber". The shuttle title is not that good. Lambda was used before nerf, now it´s useless. Firespray, useless. Rebels even got the most iconic ship of the Empire which is even better that the Imperial version! Sure, Imperials are getting TIE aggressor, which seems like a mediocre ship. I´m confident that once Imperials get TLT´s, they too will be nerfed. Way to treat 1/3 of the game.

Now let´s look at the new "fixes":

Imperial fix titles have drawbacks: can´t use target lock with ATC. X7 loses cannon and missile slots and has to do 3+ moves (and still got nerfed). What do the scum get? Huge cost reduction without any drawbacks.

So, I too, I have come to the same conclusion: FFG hates Imperials.

-Nerfing Imperial cards that are already underperforming.

-No new upcoming good ships.

-Buffing other factions´cards way more than Imperials.

My solution?

-More Imperial only upgrades.
-Un-nerf Palpatine and x7.

- Nerf top scum and rebel regeneration.

Thank you.

16 hours ago, heychadwick said:

Oh, and I think people say that Empire has nothing because there isn't anything OP and Broken.   Well....if the power level was taken down so that there weren't any OP and Broken ships, then I think Empire is fine. 

I think this does sum it up nicely.  The Empire has lots of good options but nothing too over powered now.  Can the same be said for the T65?  It's a good option but when you have Biggs you're only going to take him as he's OP (I'm told!).  Is the answer to nerf Biggs?  Will it mean Rebel players then consider other pilots - just like Imperials now consider TIE/D instead of x7?

27 minutes ago, Sasajak said:

The Empire has lots of good options but nothing too over powered now.  Can the same be said for the T65?  It's a good option 

HA.

27 minutes ago, Sasajak said:

(I'm told!)

HAHA.

Edited by Duskwalker

1 hour ago, Pretty Green said:

First of all, Palpatine and x7´s were never OP, otherwise they would have been almost unbeatable and had nearly all the top places in tournaments. Secondly, if you want variance to lists, how about making obsolete ships playable? You can´t balme people for playing something that had success.

If most ships are at a similar level, and two (say x7 and JumpMaster) are at a much higher level, both are OP even if one of these two prevents the other from being "almost unbeatable". What you call "obsolete ships" are actually balanced ships.

1 hour ago, Pretty Green said:

My solution?

-More Imperial only upgrades.
-Un-nerf Palpatine and x7.

- Nerf top scum and rebel regeneration.

Thank you.

Perhaps what you mean is that imperials should be allowed 500 point squads.

14 minutes ago, Ladrillito said:

If most ships are at a similar level, and two (say x7 and JumpMaster) are at a much higher level, both are OP even if one of these two prevents the other from being "almost unbeatable". What you call "obsolete ships" are actually balanced ships.

Perhaps what you mean is that imperials should be allowed 500 point squads.

x7 was never at the same level than JumpMaster, don´t even try that. 

Do you really think that Imperial Firespray, generic Interceptors, TIE Punisher or Bombers are truly balanced ships? Wow, you must not have played against them in a while. 

"Perhaps what you mean is that imperials should be allowed 500 point squads. "

No, you´re not even remotely funny. Nothing that I suggested would make Imperials OP or the game unbalanced. On the contrary.

2 minutes ago, Pretty Green said:

x7 was never at the same level than JumpMaster, don´t even try that. 

Do you really think that Imperial Firespray, generic Interceptors, TIE Punisher or Bombers are truly balanced ships? Wow, you must not have played against them in a while. 

"Perhaps what you mean is that imperials should be allowed 500 point squads. "

No, you´re not even remotely funny. Nothing that I suggested would make Imperials OP or the game unbalanced. On the contrary.

I personally think JumpMasters had the edge, but they both were many levels above most ships, imperial or not.

Imperial Firesprays and Punishers do need a little help. Interceptors and Bombers will be balanced in my book (or near balanced) when Unguided Rockets and the JumpMaster and Mindlink nerfs drop, as well as the other ELEVEN ships you didn't mention (TIE Fighter, TIE/fo, TIE/sf, TIE Striker, Lambda, Upsilon, TIE Advanced, TIE Adv. Prototype, TIE Agressor, TIE Phantom, Decimator).

5 minutes ago, Ladrillito said:

I personally think JumpMasters had the edge, but they both were many levels above most ships, imperial or not.

Imperial Firesprays and Punishers do need a little help. Interceptors and Bombers will be balanced in my book (or near balanced) when Unguided Rockets and the JumpMaster and Mindlink nerfs drop, as well as the other ELEVEN ships you didn't mention (TIE Fighter, TIE/fo, TIE/sf, TIE Striker, Lambda, Upsilon, TIE Advanced, TIE Adv. Prototype, TIE Agressor, TIE Phantom, Decimator).

So your choice would be to nerf everything, rather than buff the older ships? Sure, it would be fun to have a 500-page nerf dictionary including every card which has had success.

One thing which I never understood about the "fixes" for any ship is why all are fixed By giving them boost or barrel roll? Be it modification or title. I used to think each ship had a different character, but now every other t-70, Kihrax and whatever can do those tricks too.

Interceptors were never "balanced", Soontir Fel carried the whole weight. I would like the TIE bomber to be more useful, but they get shot down before they even shoot. And the Bomber aces are waayyy overpriced.

Ok, let´s look at the other Imperial ships:

TIE Fighter: As I mentioned, rebels have a better version of this. Cheap, but can´t compete. Wampa WAS ok with pre-nerf Palpatine. Not competitive.

TIE/ fo: Apart from Omega Leader, see above.

TIE sf: I admit, quite useful but expensive and can´t survive for very long.

TIE Striker: Fun, but will be shot down very easily. Has same problems as Interceptors. Not competitive.

Lambda: Useful with pre-nerf Palpatine, now totally useless.

Upsilon: Fun, but not competitive due to lack of k-turn. Expensive.

TIE Advanced: killed by stress, Vader only used. Not competitive anymore.

TIE adv. Prototype: Apart from one good pilot, useless.

TIE aggressor: Mediocre ship. I bet TLT will get nerfed.

TIE Phantom: I guess it´s ok, but in the current meta it has lost the special edge it had. Bombed and stressed to death.

Decimator: Fine ship, but can´t stand those 5-dice attacks which are now everywhere.

1 hour ago, Sasajak said:

I think this does sum it up nicely.  The Empire has lots of good options but nothing too over powered now.  Can the same be said for the T65?  It's a good option but when you have Biggs you're only going to take him as he's OP (I'm told!).  Is the answer to nerf Biggs?  Will it mean Rebel players then consider other pilots - just like Imperials now consider TIE/D instead of x7?

I think you have to nerf Biggs.  If he's auto take in any tournament list, he's too much.   OK....there was one of 5 Rebels at Top 16 that didn't have him, but it's still too dependent.   I think once you knock Biggs down, then the T-65 fix can start.  Even then....there have been people reporting on these forums that they have been using T-65's in tournaments (not Biggs) and doing well if not winning Store tournaments.  I'm wondering if we really removed all the OP stuff....are T-65's that bad?  I think they might need a bit of a boost to help, but they don't need that much of one. 

2 hours ago, Pretty Green said:

Let´s look what has happened recently:

Imperials got nerfed. I´ve been trying to ask the reasons behind this and the best I´ve got is "Palpatine and x7´s were OP" and "They did it to broaden Imperial lists".

I believe that Palpatine and the X7 was too powerful.  It might not have been more OP than some of the other OP things out there, but that doesn't mean it isn't OP.  Still....if you think that FFG is trying to bring down the power level of the game then it's not hard to see that it was pretty darn powerful and there were few other options that were as good.  As long as FFG continues the Nerfing, we will be fine.  Just consider it a work in progress.  

45 minutes ago, Pretty Green said:

Do you really think that Imperial Firespray, generic Interceptors, TIE Punisher or Bombers are truly balanced ships?...TIE Bomber got some upgrades, it´s still worse bomber than the rebel version and soon "rebel and scum bomber".  Wow, you must not have played against them in a while. 

Imp Firespray needs love, yes.  I've seen Parakitor do great things currently with an All Generic Tie Interceptor list.  Tie Punishers are going to get a lot of options with the Unguided Rockets and the 2 new Bomb things in the H-6 ship.  There is something that looks like you can put Bombs on the table before the first round and then the Bomblet Generator that lets you put out many Bombs.   That alone will help find a place for the Tie Punisher....especially if it's true that the OP stuff in the game are all being Nerfed.  Tie Bombers are not meant to be Bombers, but cheap ordnance carriers (yes, I know it's called "bomber").  Have you actually flown one more than 2-3 times?  I've flown them quite a bit and you have to learn how to use them.   Going with more than PS 2 ships helps ensure you can fire your Ordnance.  If you go with a Gamma Vet with VI, they are PS 7, which is pretty high and not too expensive.   You don't need Deadeye at that point.   

20 minutes ago, Pretty Green said:

I think you aren't understanding the new power level that is going to happen once they Nerf Jumpmasters, Mindlink, and Biggs.  Once they kill off all the OP stuff....all these things are.....not bad.   They are only bad when you view them up against the lists that did well at Worlds.  When those lists aren't possible anymore then many of these ships are viable.  

Yes....I am asking you to believe that FFG is going to Nerf Jumpmasters, Mindlink, and Biggs.  Many people don't think it's going to happen.  Still....I have to say....they have been Nerfing quite a bit lately and buffing all the stuff that's not up to snuff.  Why do you think they WON'T fix the really broken stuff soon?

5 minutes ago, Pretty Green said:

So your choice would be to nerf everything, rather than buff the older ships? Sure, it would be fun to have a 500-page nerf dictionary including every card which has had success.

No, I actually don't like errata, it's a mess if a card doesn't function the way its printed text should. I think it has to be kept down to the absolute minimum. But we have reached a point in the game that it's much easier to nerf a few OP cards (namely JumpMasters, Attani Mindlink or Biggs) than to bring the vast majority of the ships up to that level. There are other few ships (Punisher or imperial Firespray as you pointed out) that could use some help the traditional way (that is, releasing specific upgrades).

17 minutes ago, Pretty Green said:

One thing which I never understood about the "fixes" for any ship is why all are fixed By giving them boost or barrel roll? Be it modification or title. I used to think each ship had a different character, but now every other t-70, Kihrax and whatever can do those tricks too.

I'm with you, that is rather unimaginative (I applaud the StarViper fix for its unique play style).

20 minutes ago, Pretty Green said:

All those ships have seen some play, and I'm sure they will see more once some OP stuff is nerfed. You should check the recent Store Championship results, Imperials have been doing pretty well, though I agree it's not enough yet. I too would like to see faction balance restored (believe it or not, I fly Imperials half the time).

58 minutes ago, Ladrillito said:

Unguided rockets aren't going to change anything. They're a situational waste of points that will only be good on Tomax Bren at best. And even then he's not a list anchor, he's a gimmicky 3rd pick fill with a bad dial and an overpriced chassis. Unguided missiles aren't the 'wondrous' bomber fix that is just around the bend.

And Interceptors will still be gate-checked by Sabine/SLAM when Minklink gets the nerfhammer- one good cluster-mine instantly kills Soontir! 35 points of Interceptor Ace killed by 4 points of upgrades!

#SCUMWING

Edited by Johen Dood
sig

21 minutes ago, Johen Dood said:

Unguided rockets aren't going to change anything. They're a situational waste of points that will only be good on Tomax Bren at best. And even then he's not a list anchor, he's a gimmicky 3rd pick fill with a bad dial and an overpriced chassis. Unguided missiles aren't the 'wondrous' bomber fix that is just around the bend.

And Interceptors will still be gate-checked by Sabine/SLAM when Minklink gets the nerfhammer- one good cluster-mine instantly kills Soontir! 35 points of Interceptor Ace killed by 4 points of upgrades!

#SCUMWING

I know you are deep in the hate right now and want to vent about about how Disney is forcing Scum to be the best.  I know that no one can convince you otherwise right now.  I'm telling you, though, that it won't be so bad in a few months.   Just have a little patience and trust that FFG is about to nerf the other ships.   

Even besides that, I do think Unguided Rockets will make a difference in more than just Tomax Bren.  For one, I recall when people said that Guidance Chip wasn't enough to make a difference and people won't start using Ordnance.  The same for Extra Munitions.   This has been proven wrong.   I believe the criticism of Unguided Rockets are in the same camp.   They are a cheap way to get 3 attack dice on a 2 attack die ship.  That's nothing to sneeze at.  It will be seen.   

I'm thinking that Tie Punishers will get several "fixes" in the next wave that will improve their ability on the table.  They are getting Unguided Rockets.  They are getting two new Bomb upgrades in the H-6 that will surely help.  I can see a cheap generic Punisher with Light Weight Frame, Bombs and Unguided Rockets see table time....as long as those new upgrades are worth it.   

As for dealing with a Sabine K-wing...you just need to plan for it and maybe build your list differently.   The one thing that hurts K-wings is low PS blockers.  If you stick them in where they are going to go, they can't SLAM.  So, instead of a 3 Aces list, maybe you put Soontir in a list with at least 1-2 cheap Academy Pilots.  That would allow your Soontir Fel to not have bombs dropped on his head so often.  Just learn to adjust.

21 hours ago, heychadwick said:

Look....there will be another Nerfing!   There has to be with the latest Worlds results!  The Great Nerfing before fixed a lot of issues that were bad for the game.  They missed some.    The next round of Nerfing will hit Jumpmasters, Attanni Mindlink, and Biggs.  Just you wait and see.   Once it does that......what is left?   What is so "broken" about Scum at that point?    It's really just that they left out a few things and are going to fix it next.  

Once they remove those, what is going to be left?   There shouldn't be anything "broken" left!  There will be a new power level.  

You forgot the Shadowcaster and the Ghost in there. And Sabine/Miranda.

2 minutes ago, heychadwick said:

I know you are deep in the hate right now and want to vent about about how Disney is forcing Scum to be the best.  I know that no one can convince you otherwise right now.  I'm telling you, though, that it won't be so bad in a few months.   Just have a little patience and trust that FFG is about to nerf the other ships.   

OK fair, I'm pretty pissed. Ever since the FAQ it's ALL SCUM ALL THE TIME. And I'm really sick of it. Empire didn't deserve the FAQ, and it REALLY hit my enjoyment of the game not to have any competitive options that stand up to other factions.

4 minutes ago, heychadwick said:

Even besides that, I do think Unguided Rockets will make a difference in more than just Tomax Bren.  For one, I recall when people said that Guidance Chip wasn't enough to make a difference and people won't start using Ordnance.  The same for Extra Munitions.   This has been proven wrong.   I believe the criticism of Unguided Rockets are in the same camp.   They are a cheap way to get 3 attack dice on a 2 attack die ship.  That's nothing to sneeze at.  It will be seen.   

Maybe. But if the JM5K taught us anything, it's that the chassis matters- not the upgrades. The problem with Punishers and Bombers? Their chassis are complete crap- the dials being the main offenders. They don't just need a couple of juicy upgrades- they need complete redesign and re-release.

7 minutes ago, heychadwick said:

As for dealing with a Sabine K-wing...you just need to plan for it and maybe build your list differently.   The one thing that hurts K-wings is low PS blockers.  If you stick them in where they are going to go, they can't SLAM.  So, instead of a 3 Aces list, maybe you put Soontir in a list with at least 1-2 cheap Academy Pilots.  That would allow your Soontir Fel to not have bombs dropped on his head so often.  Just learn to adjust.

The problem is blocking a K with a small ship is TOUGH. SLAM gives them so many movement options, they really are tough to pin down. You're absolutely right I build my lists differently- I totally skip the Interceptor section of the listbuilder. 3 Hull ships just can't make it in a world with SLAM'd Sabine Bombs. It's why SFs, Defenders, and Omega Leader are all you see on tables right now.

As for my patience for FFG- it's wearing thin. At the beginning of 2017 things seemed optimistic and fun.....but now we're playing a different game where only Scum players are allowed to have anything good. This game when right over a cliff with the FAQ.

21 hours ago, Ladrillito said:

When are we going to learn the difference between a faction and a ship? 

The 'great nerf' didn't affect imperials, it affected x7s, which were overpowered. These buffs don't affect scum, they affect StarVipers and Kihraxzes, which were underpowered. Now x7s, StarVipers and Kihraxzes will be pretty even.

Yes, JumpMasters still need a nerf to be in line with these ships, but be patient, it's coming.

How many months of data will be needed before people admit that the changes had an effect on the wole faction? Look at the World results or the overall results pre and post nerf. The reason why the faction struggle is because they nerfed the 2 options Imperials needed to be viable. The results are there and cant be denied now.

9 minutes ago, Thormind said:

You forgot the Shadowcaster and the Ghost in there. And Sabine/Miranda.

Is the Shadowcaster broken without Attanni Mindlink?  I don't think so.  I think if Paratanni isn't a real option, this ship isn't so OP.

Ghost?  I think if Biggs is nerfed that the Ghost isn't that bad.  

Sabine/Miranda?  Might get a nerf.  We shall see.  I don't think it's as imperative to as the others.

9 minutes ago, Johen Dood said:

Maybe. But if the JM5K taught us anything, it's that the chassis matters- not the upgrades. The problem with Punishers and Bombers? Their chassis are complete crap- the dials being the main offenders. They don't just need a couple of juicy upgrades- they need complete redesign and re-release.

I lot of people bag the Tie Bomber and say the dial is terrible.  I have flown the Bomber quite a lot and I don't agree with that assessment.  Is it great?  No, but that's a far cry from bad.  The only bad move is the Red 2 Hard Turn.  It can go Speed 1, which is rare for Imps.  It has a great 5 K-turn.   I've found it much better to usually do the 5 K instead of the hard turn.  It usually takes you out of the fight for a turn, but that isn't always bad.  Overall, I have found the Tie Bomber to be an excellent ship that is under-rated.  

I have not flown the Tie Punisher a lot.  There is a local guy here who loves them.  He doesn't usually do tournaments, but he sometimes plays them.  There was one tournament practice night that he beat 4 out of 5 games vs. people's tournament lists with 2 Tie Punishers.  

13 minutes ago, Johen Dood said:

The problem is blocking a K with a small ship is TOUGH. SLAM gives them so many movement options, they really are tough to pin down. You're absolutely right I build my lists differently- I totally skip the Interceptor section of the listbuilder. 3 Hull ships just can't make it in a world with SLAM'd Sabine Bombs. It's why SFs, Defenders, and Omega Leader are all you see on tables right now.

As for my patience for FFG- it's wearing thin. At the beginning of 2017 things seemed optimistic and fun.....but now we're playing a different game where only Scum players are allowed to have anything good. This game when right over a cliff with the FAQ.

I think it can take some practice, but usually the K-wing tries to do a 2-3 speed bank.  If you have something fast and possibly with BR, you have a better chance of getting there.  If you can't get to where they bump you right away, you can at least block where the K-wing can Boost, which should help.  It does take some practice, though.   If you can shield your Soontir, though, I think he's more viable.  It's not an auto lose.

I get your frustration with FFG.  I have been playing since Wave 1 and have had my ups and downs.  I am optimistic by what I see lately.  I understand your frustration, though.

1 hour ago, heychadwick said:

I believe that Palpatine and the X7 was too powerful.  It might not have been more OP than some of the other OP things out there, but that doesn't mean it isn't OP.  Still....if you think that FFG is trying to bring down the power level of the game then it's not hard to see that it was pretty darn powerful and there were few other options that were as good.  As long as FFG continues the Nerfing, we will be fine.  Just consider it a work in progress.  

Imp Firespray needs love, yes.  I've seen Parakitor do great things currently with an All Generic Tie Interceptor list.  Tie Punishers are going to get a lot of options with the Unguided Rockets and the 2 new Bomb things in the H-6 ship.  There is something that looks like you can put Bombs on the table before the first round and then the Bomblet Generator that lets you put out many Bombs.   That alone will help find a place for the Tie Punisher....especially if it's true that the OP stuff in the game are all being Nerfed.  Tie Bombers are not meant to be Bombers, but cheap ordnance carriers (yes, I know it's called "bomber").  Have you actually flown one more than 2-3 times?  I've flown them quite a bit and you have to learn how to use them.   Going with more than PS 2 ships helps ensure you can fire your Ordnance.  If you go with a Gamma Vet with VI, they are PS 7, which is pretty high and not too expensive.   You don't need Deadeye at that point.   

I think you aren't understanding the new power level that is going to happen once they Nerf Jumpmasters, Mindlink, and Biggs.  Once they kill off all the OP stuff....all these things are.....not bad.   They are only bad when you view them up against the lists that did well at Worlds.  When those lists aren't possible anymore then many of these ships are viable.  

Yes....I am asking you to believe that FFG is going to Nerf Jumpmasters, Mindlink, and Biggs.  Many people don't think it's going to happen.  Still....I have to say....they have been Nerfing quite a bit lately and buffing all the stuff that's not up to snuff.  Why do you think they WON'T fix the really broken stuff soon?

It´s not a matter if you believed Palpatine and x7 to be too powerful: they weren´t as tournament statistics clearly show.

All those new upcoming magic bombs and rockets are not going to be enough to make Punisher viable. And at the same time Scum and Rebels are getting their own new bomber, which seems to be be better than Imperial ones. Yes, I like to use my Bombers quite a bit, but they are too fragile most of the time and aces too expensive.

They probably will nerf the current OP stuff, but it was unnecessary for Palpatine and maybe to x7 too.

22 minutes ago, Pretty Green said:

It´s not a matter if you believed Palpatine and x7 to be too powerful: they weren´t as tournament statistics clearly show.

All those new upcoming magic bombs and rockets are not going to be enough to make Punisher viable. And at the same time Scum and Rebels are getting their own new bomber, which seems to be be better than Imperial ones. Yes, I like to use my Bombers quite a bit, but they are too fragile most of the time and aces too expensive.

They probably will nerf the current OP stuff, but it was unnecessary for Palpatine and maybe to x7 too.

I'll disagree with  you on the Palp and X7.   They were in almost every single Imperial list.  If they didn't win, it was more that the other stuff was more broken, but doesn't mean that it wasn't broken, itself.  If there was anything else of the same power level, than it would've been taken, too.   I believe that they were too OP, even if not as OP as the rest of the stuff.  I like to see lists that don't include the Emperor, an X7 Defender, or Soontir Fel.    They just get....boring to play against all the time.  

Time will tell on the Tie Punisher stuff and if it will actually get on the tables.  I could be wrong and you could be right, but I think the Tie Punisher will see more use in tournaments in the next 12 months.  It might take people a while to figure it out, much like the K-wing, Palpatine, Dengar, or Attanni Mindlink.  

1 hour ago, heychadwick said:

I think you have to nerf Biggs.  If he's auto take in any tournament list, he's too much.   OK....there was one of 5 Rebels at Top 16 that didn't have him, but it's still too dependent.   I think once you knock Biggs down, then the T-65 fix can start.  Even then....there have been people reporting on these forums that they have been using T-65's in tournaments (not Biggs) and doing well if not winning Store tournaments.  I'm wondering if we really removed all the OP stuff....are T-65's that bad?  I think they might need a bit of a boost to help, but they don't need that much of one. 

I also believe that Biggs is the key here before T65s can be fixed, I'm sure that FFG is working with the issue already.

I was higly against nerfing jumpmaster, mindlink or tlt before, but after getting news that we are getting fixed three different ships for Scum, I'm ready to see what FFG has on their sleeve for them.

1 minute ago, Zazaa said:

I also believe that Biggs is the key here before T65s can be fixed, I'm sure that FFG is working with the issue already.

I was higly against nerfing jumpmaster, mindlink or tlt before, but after getting news that we are getting fixed three different ships for Scum, I'm ready to see what FFG has on their sleeve for them.

When you look at what they have done in the past 1.5 years, then it becomes pretty noticeable to me that they are trying to re-adjust the balance of the game.   First was the fixes for Tie Bombers and Tie Defenders.  Next, the nerf to crazy arc dodgers (done by things to hurt them).   Biggs got a slight nerf in FAQ.   New Scyk titles to come out making them much better. The Great Nerfing caught a lot of bad stuff, but missed a few things.   Fixes for two (mostly) unused Scum ships. Look at the Worlds results and  you see some glaring issues.  Why wouldn't anyone think that they are next on the chopping block.  With calls for 2.0 coming out the designers are faced with decisions.  I see them working at retooling the whole game.  When I see people say Imperials have no competitive builds, I think Imperials are perfect now.  Rebels have only a few tournament builds right now and I think Biggs is the worst offender.    Scum has Attanni Mindlink and Jumpmasters.  Fenn Rau is tough, but won't be as bad without Mindlink or cheap Jumpmasters.