Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzywookie

It's official

You can buff the T-65, you just have to exclude Biggs.  They could produce a T-65 title like the Black One that has a minimum PS requirement greater than 5.  I would have it say the "printed" PS so that would avoid R2-D6 shennanigans.

11 minutes ago, Hylian100 said:

Well, Rebels and Imperials already had 2 Aces-style expansions each to Scum's zero.

You really count Imperial Aces still? They are only good for 1 Pilot (Carnor) und 1 Upgrade (Royal Guard Title). Even these are hardly playable - after the "buff".

And if I start comparing the new Vaksai Title to Royal Guard...

And no. The Khiraxz was not so much worse than a Interceptor nowadays.

14 minutes ago, heychadwick said:

I say Imperium is close to balanced now.   With the Wave 11 stuff coming to fix Tie Punishers...and the Tie Aggressor added in....I think it's pretty good as is.  

Might be! People seem to think it's not, I am not sure, haven't been playing with them since I changed to Scum when they first came out.

4 minutes ago, xstormtrooperx said:

You really count Imperial Aces still? They are only good for 1 Pilot (Carnor) und 1 Upgrade (Royal Guard Title). Even these are hardly playable - after the "buff".

And no. The Khiraxz was not so much worse than a Interceptor nowadays.

Nice troll.  Or were you not playing when Imperial Aces came out?

When Imperial Aces came out, it made Interceptors king of the hill for awhile.  And Royal Guard helped keep Soontir on top until the rise of the torp-masters through Palp-Aces.

Edited by TheRabidAardvark

3 minutes ago, xstormtrooperx said:

You mean the title that Interceptors would have no reason to take? Since, y'know, they already have Boost/BR and so can take AT already and don't need to take EU or VT? And that their only other upgrade option at all is an EPT?

4 minutes ago, Zazaa said:

Might be! People seem to think it's not, I am not sure, haven't been playing with them since I changed to Scum when they first came out.

True, but people also think that the Tie Punisher will never be competitive ever.   I say that there is Unguided Rockets that we know of.   Then, there are two different Bomb upgrades...and one is a System...that is coming out.   I say how can it not help?

EDIT:

Oh, and I think people say that Empire has nothing because there isn't anything OP and Broken.   Well....if the power level was taken down so that there weren't any OP and Broken ships, then I think Empire is fine. 

Edited by heychadwick

3 minutes ago, heychadwick said:

True, but people also think that the Tie Punisher will never be competitive ever.   I say that there is Unguided Rockets that we know of.   Then, there are two different Bomb upgrades...and one is a System...that is coming out.   I say how can it not help?

You'll probably be able to annoy the crap out of people with a Punisher, Unguided Rockets and Lightweight Frame. The PS2 with that combo is only 25 points for 9 health, backed by two evade dice against almost all attacks. The only time you'd be rolling one die is when defending at range 2 from either a HWK or a 2-die attacker with a Weapons Malfunction.

3 minutes ago, heychadwick said:

I feel that people jumps in bad conclusion too fast, like X-Wing is dead after "guns for hire" expansion. I like that people would try to see ahead to the future before judging anything. This factions will be out end of the year or next year, so there will be so much happening before this expansion and once again Scum ships that being fixed now are ships that needed those upcoming buffs big time, I like that you can see that though.. :)

I feel like I have being repetitive today, but it just amazes me that people are so negative and I like that people would be more positive to the changes. I got five Kihraxz and I have hardly played them because they were pretty mediocre ships, same thing with Vipers, I do feel like it was about the time for this pack to come out!

14 minutes ago, UnitOmega said:

You mean the title that Interceptors would have no reason to take? Since, y'know, they already have Boost/BR and so can take AT already and don't need to take EU or VT? And that their only other upgrade option at all is an EPT?

I bet every Interceptor pilot will contradict you. Lets start with the simplest combination. AT and Stealth Device for 3 points.

But maybe you are right. At least the Interceptor once was playable.

Interceptors also cost slightly less than the Kihraxz already. If you're just going to take SD and AT again they're roughly equivalent in cost. But for a Kihraxz to take AT it also has to take EU for 3 points. 

2 hours ago, nigeltastic said:

Also they fixed really *** scum ships which don't really have any effect on what the meta currently looks like. They have made "non jumpmaster" options better (but not particularly better than imperial or rebel ships). That's a good thing and may help diversify scum's options.

Just to be a cynic, you can diversify options all you want, but until they make a ship better than the JM5K (or finally make the JM5K worse), tournament players will only take the top ship.

Edited by Darth Meanie

3 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

Just to be a cynic, you can diversify options all you want, but until they make a ship better than the JM5K (or finally make the JM5K worse), tournament players will only take the top ship.

You're certainly correct. My statement was mostly intended to be that this won't change the 'op' side of scum since that's jumpmasters and will diversify options when the op side goes away (however that happens).

4 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

This expansion is clear sign that there will be Jumpmaster nerf etc..

35 minutes ago, Zazaa said:

I feel that people jumps in bad conclusion too fast, like X-Wing is dead after "guns for hire" expansion. I like that people would try to see ahead to the future before judging anything. This factions will be out end of the year or next year, so there will be so much happening before this expansion and once again Scum ships that being fixed now are ships that needed those upcoming buffs big time, I like that you can see that though.. :)

I feel like I have being repetitive today, but it just amazes me that people are so negative and I like that people would be more positive to the changes. I got five Kihraxz and I have hardly played them because they were pretty mediocre ships, same thing with Vipers, I do feel like it was about the time for this pack to come out!

Yep!  Welcome to the forums!   I've been here.....way too long.  It is always like this.   Either something is terrible and will never, ever be played in a game....or it's OP and going to break the game.  Just go back and look at all the comments about Juno Eclipse.   People thought she was going to break the game.  You are probably saying, "Juno who?"   

Everyone takes everything in a vacuum.  Few look at the big picture.  Anything more than 1 month ago is old news and doesn't count.   

1 minute ago, heychadwick said:

Yep!  Welcome to the forums!   I've been here.....way too long.  It is always like this.   Either something is terrible and will never, ever be played in a game....or it's OP and going to break the game.  Just go back and look at all the comments about Juno Eclipse.   People thought she was going to break the game.  You are probably saying, "Juno who?"   

Everyone takes everything in a vacuum.  Few look at the big picture.  Anything more than 1 month ago is old news and doesn't count.   

Absolutely right!

I remember when I joined the forum and I was very happy how active forum was and how many active players there was, I guess I was bit blind to the "truth" here and now I feel almost said that I wanna spend my time somewhere else but here. I wish there would be bit healthier environment! 

.. I totally was Juno..who?! ?

The other thing to remember is that more modifications isn't necessarily better. The TIE Interceptor is a very cheap ship with great dice and a great dial, so to get another modification slot is so awesome! It's hard to put too many points on an interceptor, as opposed to a Ghost (yes, I've flow Ghost+Phantom for 100 points, and yes, it's not good!) 

The Kihraxz, on the other hand is already an expensive ship for a fighter, and only rolls two evade dice. Having only 5 hit points to back that up, it's kinda fragile, so if you load it up all the way, you're throwing out a lot of points. I'm actually not sure the Kihraxz needs to take all those modifications. Given that the Kihraxz and T-65 X-Wing are practically the same ship, I think the Kihraxz was deserving of this buff. Too bad Talonbane Cobra is going to be so good that the other Kihraxz pilots won't get to do much.

TL;DR summary: given differences in ship archetypes, TIE Interceptor and Kihraxz titles are equivalently powerful. Too bad the Kihraxz title can't go on non-Biggs T-65s as well.

15 minutes ago, Fuzzywookie said:

Please help me remember the last time the rebels got nerfed. I can't remember. 

Biggs got nerfed alongside...I think it was deadeye (you can bypass him with things like TL ordnance now)

8 minutes ago, Ebak said:

I remember a time when TIE/SFs were declared dead on arrival...if people saw how @Jarval flies them, they would have changed their tune.

The community is nearly always wrong with predicting things.

To be fair, TIE/SFs didn't really take off until after LWF came out, which gave them a not insignificant buff.

3 hours ago, Fuzzywookie said:

FFG hates the Empire. Ugh. 

No it is the year of scum, and face it  Scum has been waiting on their huge ship and "Aces" pack since Wave 7. Five waves later, they finally got it. They are starting to catch up with the other two factions in terms of number of ships and available pilots.

I will say it is a shame that FFG has overcorrected with scum decencies, and also have significantly neglected the Imperials but if Wave 11 has any indications they are going to be getting another booster shot with the Movie Release and Wave 12.

Edited by Marinealver

1 minute ago, Marinealver said:

I will say it is a shame that FFG has overcorrected with scum decencies, and also have significantly neglected the Imperials but if Wave 11 has any indications they are going to be getting another booster shot with the Movie Release and Wave 12.

I still say just wait for the next Nerf wave.

I also don't think Scum are overcorrected - the limitations and problems of the OG Scum frames were pretty severe. Without the cost reduction, would you really want all 3 mods On a K-fighter? For the commonly recommended EU+VT+AT combo that becomes +8 points on a ship that at it's cheapest is 20 points to start. If just adding autothrusters was enough then You'd see 20 point Alpha Squadrons, and [Kihraxz] would still only have one action to use those reposition options on. 

11 minutes ago, Kieransi said:

Too bad Talonbane Cobra is going to be so good that the other Kihraxz pilots won't get to do much.

I think that's an overstatement. 

His ability doesn't do anything for him vs secondary weapons, which 2 dice (even with AT) is much too weak against. 

Offensively, it is great, sure, but he can't trade shots the way CDP Fenn can. 

Other named abilities may or may not be valuable enough, but you can't write the generics off quite so readily. 32 point Talonbane is definitely not the only way it'll be seen.