Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzywookie

It's official

2 minutes ago, Fuzzywookie said:

FFG hates the Empire. Ugh. 

lol this game has done nothing but go down the tubes since the Nerfageddon FAQ. It's all Scum, all the time, baby! I'm never referring to it as X-Wing ever again, SCUMWING 4 lyfe!

Guys...they can't just crank out an expansion in no time flat. It takes time to do that.

So, they likely have been working on this from before the Great Nerf, when they still saw Scum as needing options. Or, they decided that they needed to change things up to give it more options, since they knew the Great Nerf was coming up.

At this point, we shouldn't expect an Imperial "fix" for another six months or so. This isn't because they hate the Empire, it's because of how design logistics work.

6 minutes ago, Johen Dood said:

lol this game has done nothing but go down the tubes since the Nerfageddon FAQ. It's all Scum, all the time, baby! I'm never referring to it as X-Wing ever again, SCUMWING 4 lyfe!

Store Champ season so far disagrees with you, Vessery being the second best pilot after Fenn Rau and all that...that is data from more than 30 tournaments. Not conclusive, but pretty indicative and not a bad sign for the upcoming higher levels of competition.

http://meta-wing.com/pilots?ranking_start=2017-03-17&tournament_type=4&

Also they fixed really *** scum ships which don't really have any effect on what the meta currently looks like. They have made "non jumpmaster" options better (but not particularly better than imperial or rebel ships). That's a good thing and may help diversify scum's options.

Edited by nigeltastic
grammar

Look....there will be another Nerfing!   There has to be with the latest Worlds results!  The Great Nerfing before fixed a lot of issues that were bad for the game.  They missed some.    The next round of Nerfing will hit Jumpmasters, Attanni Mindlink, and Biggs.  Just you wait and see.   Once it does that......what is left?   What is so "broken" about Scum at that point?    It's really just that they left out a few things and are going to fix it next.  

Once they remove those, what is going to be left?   There shouldn't be anything "broken" left!  There will be a new power level.  

8 minutes ago, Kreen said:

Guys...they can't just crank out an expansion in no time flat. It takes time to do that.

So, they likely have been working on this from before the Great Nerf, when they still saw Scum as needing options. Or, they decided that they needed to change things up to give it more options, since they knew the Great Nerf was coming up.

At this point, we shouldn't expect an Imperial "fix" for another six months or so. This isn't because they hate the Empire, it's because of how design logistics work.

qft

When are we going to learn the difference between a faction and a ship? 

The 'great nerf' didn't affect imperials, it affected x7s, which were overpowered. These buffs don't affect scum, they affect StarVipers and Kihraxzes, which were underpowered. Now x7s, StarVipers and Kihraxzes will be pretty even.

Yes, JumpMasters still need a nerf to be in line with these ships, but be patient, it's coming.

3 minutes ago, Admiral Deathrain said:

Store Champ season so far disagrees with you, Vessery being the second best pilot after Fenn Rau and all that...that is data from more than 30 tournaments. Not conclusive, but pretty indicative and not a bad sign for the upcoming higher levels of competition.

http://meta-wing.com/pilots?ranking_start=2017-03-17&tournament_type=4&

Yeah, I just won a 36-person store championship on Sunday with a squad of Vessery, Quickdraw and Omega Leader, at an event which included the local System Open winner and several high-placing Worlds players. There were several other Imperial players who did very well, including a disgusting Quickdraw swarm with Raging Youngster and a swarm of Academies.

When I first saw the news, my gut was like "oh man, Rebels and Imperials just got more marginalized..." 

But thinking about it, down the road there will be more FAQs, Epi 8+9, etc. that will buff and expand Rebels and Imperials - a lot of room for growth. Scum might pick up a ship from the Han movie or something, but there is more "future" for the other factions.

Besides if/when mindlink or JMK nerfs come through, Scum will need something in their arsenal. This might make a nerf more viable now.

And that's awesome about the Imperial win, PhantomFO! And cool to hear about Vessery. Guessing TIE/D title? Two TLed shots a round does seem pretty potent, and to get some control in there w/ion cannon, too.

Edited by HanScottFirst

31 minutes ago, Ladrillito said:

When are we going to learn the difference between a faction and a ship? 

The 'great nerf' didn't affect imperials, it affected x7s, which were overpowered. These buffs don't affect scum, they affect StarVipers and Kihraxzes, which were underpowered. Now x7s, StarVipers and Kihraxzes will be pretty even.

Yes, JumpMasters still need a nerf to be in line with these ships, but be patient, it's coming.

The X7 nerf was needed and didn't completely destroy them, but the Palp nerf was too much, just like Manaroo.

Palp just needed to be range 1-2/1-3, and Manaroo 1-2. Changing how Palp worked just destroyed his card. 8 points of overpriced MAYBE guarantee you may not need result card.

16 minutes ago, Warlon said:

The X7 nerf was needed and didn't completely destroy them, but the Palp nerf was too much, just like Manaroo.

Palp just needed to be range 1-2/1-3, and Manaroo 1-2. Changing how Palp worked just destroyed his card. 8 points of overpriced MAYBE guarantee you may not need result card.

Palp is fine.

2 minutes ago, heychadwick said:

Imagine the game without a Jumpmaster in it.   Do the same for Attanni Mindlink.  Throw in Biggs.    What would the meta be like?   Would anything be considered "broken" at that point?   Would any faction not be viable?

I'm less convinced that biggs will be nerfed than I am the other two (though I also wouldn't be surprised if he was).  

Just now, VanderLegion said:

I'm less convinced that biggs will be nerfed than I am the other two (though I also wouldn't be surprised if he was).  

They can't buff the T-65 until they deal with Biggs.   When you look at Worlds 2017, it's not just the Scum that stands out.   4/5 Rebels use Biggs?  That's a little too "must have" for them to leave as is.  

1 minute ago, gamblertuba said:

What current competitive scum list just got better?  C'mon...  I'll wait...  Anybody?  

I think we're fine here.

There was a somewhat competitive list using guri, fenn and old teroch all mindlinked.

Just now, VanderLegion said:

There was a somewhat competitive list using guri, fenn and old teroch all mindlinked.

But it was demonstrably inferior to the Manaroo version.  I agree that Guri probably has the best chance of making a splash after this hits.  But, seriously, let's keep some perspective.  If the Jumpmaster could take the Vaksai Title?  That would be *vomits*...

1 hour ago, heychadwick said:

Look....there will be another Nerfing!   There has to be with the latest Worlds results!  The Great Nerfing before fixed a lot of issues that were bad for the game.  They missed some.    The next round of Nerfing will hit Jumpmasters, Attanni Mindlink, and Biggs.  Just you wait and see.   Once it does that......what is left?   What is so "broken" about Scum at that point?    It's really just that they left out a few things and are going to fix it next.  

Once they remove those, what is going to be left?   There shouldn't be anything "broken" left!  There will be a new power level.  

Heychadwick has very valid point! There will be Jumpmaster, Biggs, Attani Mindlink and TLT nerfs and we can be 100% sure of that. 

We have come to the point where Scum factions has been fixed from underpowered factions to be very close to be balanced, okay I see you guys want to say how about Mindlink and JM5K, well just be patient and there will be nerf before these guys will be out! 

Imperium will be next factions to be balanced out! Just give some time to FFG, if this isn't enough to proof that, then nothing will be!

5 minutes ago, Zazaa said:

Imperium will be next factions to be balanced out! Just give some time to FFG, if this isn't enough to proof that, then nothing will be!

I say Imperium is close to balanced now.   With the Wave 11 stuff coming to fix Tie Punishers...and the Tie Aggressor added in....I think it's pretty good as is.  

22 minutes ago, gamblertuba said:

But it was demonstrably inferior to the Manaroo version.  I agree that Guri probably has the best chance of making a splash after this hits.  But, seriously, let's keep some perspective.  If the Jumpmaster could take the Vaksai Title?  That would be *vomits*...

I said somewhat competitive, didn't say it was top tier :P. Just probably the closest thing ATM currently using a viper or kihraxz. 

34 minutes ago, heychadwick said:

They can't buff the T-65 until they deal with Biggs.   When you look at Worlds 2017, it's not just the Scum that stands out.   4/5 Rebels use Biggs?  That's a little too "must have" for them to leave as is.  

True enough