bahourmat

New "Guns for Hire" Pack Announced

3 minutes ago, PastrySandwich said:

It looks correct as you stated it, but I don't understand how this is a harpoon. I would have thought it was like you pull them 1 in the direction you move next turn or something. No clue why a harpoon does damage all around like that. Weird name choice is all.

But Bossk requires you to cancel the crit for his ability so (taken alone) not that great on him. Merc co-pilot and Mangler will be boosted though.

Basically when they or you take a hit, you both swing round a bit, then the harpoon rips out and takes a chunk of you with it, is how I'm looking at it.  Like the Reavers in Serenit.

Bossk, might well be able to activate the harpoon effect THEN activate his ability.  Same timing.

Pre-movement Insanity:

Prince Xizor (31)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Advanced Sensors (3)
Cloaking Device (2)
Autothrusters (2)
Virago (1)

MkII (-3)

Total: 37

Decloak / Adv Sensor Boost or Barrel roll / Move

The amount of places you can end up is staggering.

Edited by Jo Jo

1 minute ago, nigeltastic said:

That or you assign 'mimicked'(?) to the ship and 'sha[peshifter]'(?) to thweek and it has rules on both.

Either way it looks like one of those copies a pilot ability and I'd play a ps4 startviper with fenn or dengar's pilot ability every day of the week.

Yeah, that would make more sense.  I'd guess it copies either PS OR ability, but not both.  But if that's all he does he's going to super suck against generic lists.

1 minute ago, thespaceinvader said:

Yeah, that would make more sense.  I'd guess it copies either PS OR ability, but not both.  But if that's all he does he's going to super suck against generic lists.

That's true but I'd guess they either have some contingency plan for that or it's a risk you take. Ps4 generic might not be horrendous if well costed against other generics.

Anyone else feel like Scum really doesn't need any love right now? I just don't understand how Rebels or Imperials will ever make a proper showing when Scum continues to get such amazing cards/ships release after release. I guess we're set to see 16/16 Scum at the next worlds- 13/16 wasn't enough for whomever at FFG is so in love with Scum.

Being able to use the bank templates to barre-roll is cool but not being able to use the straight template might get kind of annoying. I think the Starviper Mk. II title makes Advanced Sensors a stronger choice than it was before to really get a lot of use out of those funky barrel-rolls.

1 minute ago, Isophane said:

From the article:

"You can even go the opposite route and lower Viktor Hel's agility with Expose. ....."

Expose will never be a good card. Please stop trying so hard to make it sound appealing. :) we still love you ffg.

I've used Expose a number of times to great success. It may not be a good card with how you play, but we're not you.

So with the Mimic and Shadow condition cards for Threek, if it really is copy the pilot ability of a friendly pilot. . 

Dengar + Threek
Talonbane + Threek
Old Teroch
Torkil
Palob
Ketsu
Bossk . . . 

I mean, that is pure filth. . if it is that, it needs to be small ship only otherwise. . why play any other faction beyond Scum?

8 minutes ago, Johen Dood said:

Anyone else feel like Scum really doesn't need any love right now? I just don't understand how Rebels or Imperials will ever make a proper showing when Scum continues to get such amazing cards/ships release after release. I guess we're set to see 16/16 Scum at the next worlds- 13/16 wasn't enough for whomever at FFG is so in love with Scum.

Thought the same thing, yay more scum stuff  ? Congrats to those wanting these fixes though. Know starviper has been a long wait. I'm personally not buying this though. Scum wing is getting old.