bahourmat

New "Guns for Hire" Pack Announced

Just now, william1134 said:

I don't know about that.. it seems that people only ever take the top named aces for tie interceptors.. I don't think I have ever seen low or middling interceptors being used.

Yup.  Lorrir's ability doesn't do him any favors, nor does the lack of EPT, but the Interceptor is likely always going to live and die by PS.  They require the knowledge of the board to react to everyone else.  Though perhaps if the meta ever pulls itself back to <=PS5 you might start to see some variety on the interceptors (not like they're currently represented at all though).

2 minutes ago, Rakaydos said:

Black sun Ace (23)

Homing missile (4)

Pulse ray shield (1)

Deadeye, chips, munition failsafe- PRICELESS (actually free)

Oh Scum got discounts on Homing Missiles too? :P I thought it was just mods. Friggin' NASTY!

Edited by Lampyridae

Also the Harpooned condition is visilble, or at least half of it is.

"When you are hit by an attack if there is at least one uncancelled [crit] result, each other ship at range 1 suffers 1 damage.  Then discard this card and receive 1 facedown damage card." And it looks like there's more text below that.  Presumably the condition is applied by a hit with the harpoon, which then means that the ship hit with that is giving the first crit to hit it free Assault Missiles AND +1 damage card.

Unless I miss my guess these are going to be BRUTAL on Bossk.

Ion Discharge(r) looks interesting. From what text is visible it looks like you can give an ion token to someone when you receive/remove a token? Explains the 4 ions in the box and would work nicely with the pulsed ray shield.

3 minutes ago, william1134 said:

I don't know about that.. it seems that people only ever take the top named aces for tie interceptors.. I don't think I have ever seen low or middling interceptors being used.

You're not wrong. I'm just above 50/50 W/L with generic squints and a shuttle. Super fun, rather scary, but a little too much variability for high- level competition. I still think they're better off than these scum ships were, but they were valuable for their cost, and now TIE strikers have them beat.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing Starvipers on the table. We had three at our Headhunter tournament Saturday, and they looked great, although they crumpled pretty quickly.

18 minutes ago, nigeltastic said:

I'll say it here too, I'm 95% sure the ps4 starviper "thweek" copies another pilot's ability.

Looking at the spread and seeing only 2 different condition tokens and 3 conditions my guess is one condition to copy pilot ability and a condition to copy pilot skill (which would really help with the new title for arc-dodging).

1 minute ago, Vandenberg said:

Ion Discharge(r) looks interesting. From what text is visible it looks like you can give an ion token to someone when you receive/remove a token? Explains the 4 ions in the box and would work nicely with the pulsed ray shield.

Oof, I'd take a swing at 'after you discard an ion token, *do a thing* to assign it to a ship of your choice at range 1.  Looks like it will be 'let an enemy ship do a thing to you' actually, maybe.

6 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

"When you are hit by an attack if there is at least one uncancelled [crit] result, each other ship at range 1 suffers 1 damage.  Then discard this card and receive 1 facedown damage card." And it looks like there's more text below that.  Presumably the condition is applied by a hit with the harpoon, which then means that the ship hit with that is giving the first crit to hit it free Assault Missiles AND +1 damage card.

I'd take a wild stab that the latter half will involve the same 'damage to all ships at range 1' to the person who fired the harpoons, and maybe the same damage card effect, but when the target is attacked.  SO harpoons link the two targets together and cause them both to flail around and smash everything nearby when one of them takes a crit from an attack.

1 minute ago, Revan2501 said:

Looking at the spread and seeing only 2 different condition tokens and 3 conditions my guess is one condition to copy pilot ability and a condition to copy pilot skill (which would really help with the new title for arc-dodging).

This sounds legit.  I'd guess at 'during setup assign the 'Mimic' or 'Sha(dow)' condition to an enemy pilot of your choice', and the conditions being one copying PS< the other copying pilot ability.

That might get super crazy with some pilot abilities though.

21 minutes ago, Khyros said:

Cool.  I wonder what kind of interesting interactions having 3 mods is going to yield.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't the Kihraxz now take EU, VT, and AT for a total of 5 extra points?  While that might be the default answer, I'm not sure it's necessarily the one that provides the most interesting option.  PRS and EI would be the two that I think might end up providing the best builds.

As for the StarViper, I'm really glad to see that fix.  Not only is the -3 cost nice, but the fact that it forces the bank BR means that Lt. Lorrir's ability might finally get some use (given, on a StarViper, but whatever), making for some interesting flight mechanic changes.  It also goes well that it's on the StarViper because it's the only ship with a Sloop but no K turn.

You cannot k-turn a Quadjumper either.

Just now, balindamood said:

You cannot k-turn a Quadjumper either.

Boo, way to ruin it for me.  =P  That's okay though, we'll still continue to never see the Quadjumper in play.

7 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

It looks correct as you stated it, but I don't understand how this is a harpoon. I would have thought it was like you pull them 1 in the direction you move next turn or something. No clue why a harpoon does damage all around like that. Weird name choice is all.

But Bossk requires you to cancel the crit for his ability so (taken alone) not that great on him. Merc co-pilot and Mangler will be boosted though.

3 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

This sounds legit.  I'd guess at 'during setup assign the 'Mimic' or 'Sha(dow)' condition to an enemy pilot of your choice', and the conditions being one copying PS< the other copying pilot ability.

That might get super crazy with some pilot abilities though.

That or you assign 'mimicked'(?) to the ship and 'sha[peshifter]'(?) to thweek and it has rules on both.

Either way it looks like one of those copies a pilot ability and I'd play a ps4 startviper with fenn or dengar's pilot ability every day of the week.