bahourmat

New "Guns for Hire" Pack Announced

Gotta say I love the Mk2 SViper ! It´ s brought back the midpilot skill level in a hard way I reckon. They´ ve got a 180 field of potential rage of Speed4 or whatever movements with advanced sensors (which include pseudo K turns and talon rolls and an effective 90 degree tangent S4 k turn) , it brings back the prediction part of the movement for higher pilot skills. They can BR and boost all they like but if they get it wrong at least autothrusters should kick in... Meanwhile low one´s are going to have a nigh on impossible time blocking

The set looks great bar the stealth device and lack of autothrusters... But I suppose if you´ re supposed to get this in a 1:1:1 ratio with other ships you should be gettin your pairs anyway (is their justification).

Should the scum not get this as the others haven´ t had theirs yet? God no! Please bring back small ship dogfighting in whatever form; which I this this SViper Title may be a big help  in doing...

Edited by Larky Bobble

But Dangnammit! I should have waited a few weeks to paint my Virago. I would have repainted that red one and kept the other Black sun paint scheme. But the guys just got 6 EXTRA POINTS for upgrades!  And ultra mobility after the Z´ s go pop!

18816807_10154560853846497_1653866639_n.jpg.c6b55ce280192d2fd8fc316395959711.jpg

I run Xixor with Calculation and Guri with Bodyguard for the thematics   :)

Edited by Larky Bobble

11 hours ago, Viktus106 said:

With all that being said, the Havoc and Wookie Gunship will be well established by the time these ships hit the board and the era of auto damage and bombs will be quite prominent. Rebel bombers with Sabine and Scum Havoc with Nym and Cad Bane are going to be meta stables in my opinion, forcing anything with less than six health off the tables for awhile.

How could you possibly know that scum havoc or nym or cad bane are going to be meta staples?  Unless you have some secret squirrel source that the rest of us aren't privy to, you are just pulling guesswork out of your 4th point of contact.

Edited by Sabre 7

5 minutes ago, Sabre 7 said:

How could you possibly know that scum havoc or nym or cad bane are going to be meta staples?  Unless you have some secret squirrel source that the rest of us aren't privy to, you are just pulling guesswork out of your 4th point of contact.

I love that old cartoon.

8 hours ago, heychadwick said:

So....there are many pages posted since you replied and I haven't gone through them yet.  So, I don't know if this has been said yet.   

I think the reason no one is talking about the StarViper fix is really that it's not that crazy.   Everyone knew the points were too high on the ship and it was especially true when you look at the Fang Fighter vs. the StarViper.  Some will surely argue that it's not even enough at -3 pts.  I'm thinking that it might be a sleeper hit.  There are those that love StarVipers and particular pilots.   Until they release the new pilot info, I think most people won't really look at the StarViper.  It is a lot more viable with the title than before.  I think the dial is good, but if you consider dials that are only good for PTL (aka 2 green turns) then you will think it's a poor dial.  It's a ship that has Boost and BR, which is good and allows Auto Thrusters.   Stats are good at 3 red and 3 green.  

It makes me think of Xizor, who I think was good, except against TLT's.  I'm thinking with -3 pts, you can get Sensor Jammer on him now and...it can help against TLT's.  Yes, it's not a magic bullet cover, but it can certainly help against them, especially if you are out of arc.  He will miss his FCS, though.  Maybe if you have points for Predator or Expertise in the list, but you can't do the same Prince and the New Power Generation the same.  Well...you can do:

Prince Xizor (31)
Expertise (4)
Sensor Jammer (4)
Black Market Slicer Tools (1)
Autothrusters (2)
StarViper Mk. II (-3)
Virago (1)

Binayre Pirate (12)

Binayre Pirate (12)

Binayre Pirate (12)

Binayre Pirate (12)

Binayre Pirate (12)

Total: 100

I actually think his BR change might be a problem in the beginning, but....I don't think I used BR when in the swarm shield.  

Xizor drops in for Fenn Rau in this squad. He doesn't hit as hard and isn't PS9 but he's probably not going to be the first thing your opponent tries to burn down. 

Prince Xizor (31)
Attanni Mindlink (1)
Fire-Control System (2)
Autothrusters (2)
StarViper Mk. II (-3)
Virago (1)

Contracted Scout (25)
Attanni Mindlink (1)
Extra Munitions (2)
Plasma Torpedoes (3)
R4 Agromech (2)
Guidance Chips (0)

Contracted Scout (25)
Attanni Mindlink (1)
Extra Munitions (2)
Plasma Torpedoes (3)
R4 Agromech (2)
Guidance Chips (0)

Total: 100

23 hours ago, Princezilla said:

It works like a sticky bomb, nothing about a harpoon requires a cable. The idea is you shoot the ship and it lodges in the hull to explode when hit later on.

Aaaah - that makes more sense!

StarViper: · Prince Xizor (31)

• Expertise(4)
  • Autothrusters (2)
  • Virago (1)
  • Advanced Sensors (3)
  • MK.II (-3)

Kihraxz Fighter: Black Sun Ace (23)

• Veteran Instincts (0)
  • Cluster Missiles (3)
  • Guidance Chips (0)
  • Hull Upgrade (2)
  • Shield Upgrade (3)
  • Black Market Slicer Tools (0)
  • Vaksai (0)

Kihraxz Fighter: Black Sun Ace (23)

• Veteran Instincts (0)
  • Cluster Missiles (3)
  • Guidance Chips (0)
  • Hull Upgrade (2)
  • Shield Upgrade (3)
  • Black Market Slicer Tools (0)
  • Vaksai (0)

Total of 100p

This is something I would like to try out one day here. PS synergy, also Xizor can distribute some damage to Kihraxz because he doesn't have that good defense because he lacks actions. Kihraxz adds some extra damage to the squad with Cluster Missiles and they have 7 hit points so they can take few hits here and there, wouldn't be bad idea to switch the Shield Upgrades for Pulse Ray Shields and Homing Missiles.

I like these new tittles how they open some new squad builds for Scum. But we don't have access yet for all new stuff that we will be seeing here in nearish future, there will be Scurrg H-6, Kihraxz "Vaksai", MK.II Star Vipers and Heavy and Light Scyks. I'm pretty sure that Scum is very close to be complete in some sense, few adjustments to be needed and then we are ready to see how will be the 2018 worlds going!

I'm predicting that we all will be enjoying some awesomeness in 2018 world championships, Empire, Rebels and Scum! I hope the world's will be diverse with factions and squads! I have good feeling about this year for all the factions. I hope FFG also feels that way! :rolleyes:

16 hours ago, gamblertuba said:

I think the Firespray would be interesting if they simply errata or maybe add a title that says "You may equip small ship only upgrades."  Still has a very limited dial but you can do some interesting stuff.  Deadeye, Intensity, Lightning Reflexes, Vectored Thrusters, Cloacking Device... Nothing too terrifying there.  Juke?  Maybe?

It's not great but the Vaksai Title makes my dream team of Fenn, Cobra, and Dengar at least playable.

Xizor and three Marauders becomes pretty intriguing too.

Large ship deckoak would be terrifying.

On 2017-05-31 at 4:01 AM, Princezilla said:

It works like a sticky bomb, nothing about a harpoon requires a cable. The idea is you shoot the ship and it lodges in the hull to explode when hit later on.

Almost like this (submitted in the 1st CCL)

---------

u2ieXZOm.jpg

Remote Token
Reference Card
This card explains the rules for a remote token and serves as a reference to remind players of its effect. Some card abilities such as "Remote Warhead" can cause a ship to receive a remote token. A ship with a remote token is subject to the following special rules.
In any subsequent activation phase the original attacker can choose the Action "Trigger Remote" to detonate the token. The defender and any ship at range 1 of the defender suffers 1 damage. Then discard this token.

Ship assigned a remote token which also carry an [astromech] or [agromech] may choose in their "perform Action" step the Action "Remote Removal Attempt". Roll an attack die, on a [critical hit] result discard the remote token.

(no plugin for reference cards in Strange Eons then, thus text only).

--------------

Today likely with condition cards, they were not existing back then, so I designed it as token.

Edited by Managarmr
Spelling

3 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

I was *really* hoping that they would troll everyone and put Autothrusters in THIS pack...

Pretty sure the troll will be that ps5 kizaraxioyhlvmd with a ept for 24 points or less.

mindlink swarm ho!

7 minutes ago, Ralgon said:

Pretty sure the troll will be that ps5 kizaraxioyhlvmd with a ept for 24 points or less.

mindlink swarm ho!

Mindlink swarms have always been possible and they've never been worthwhile yet because more efficient platforms exist.

E: it's entirely possible the new K-fighter changes that though...

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Scum and Villainy&d=v4!s!247:176:17:32:U.23;137:176,143,108:54:25:M.7,M.32;137:176,143,194:54:25:M.7,M.32;137:176,143,108:54:25:M.7,M.32&sn=New Squadron&obs=

Edited by thespaceinvader

11 hours ago, Sabre 7 said:

Pure speculation of course but since Scum generally get the better upgrades / versions of cards it is safe to assume that the Havoc is going to be a good bomber. 

Based on that assumption, I would not be surprised if Cad Bane allowed you to re-roll blanks and focuses on Proximity and Cluster mines and the Bomblet Generator was an action to flip a discarded bomb back over.

I would gladly be wrong on this as I don't like the idea of the above but given that Scum get everything, I wouldn't put it past the design team. 

37 minutes ago, Viktus106 said:

Pure speculation of course but since Scum generally get the better upgrades / versions of cards it is safe to assume that the Havoc is going to be a good bomber. 

Based on that assumption, I would not be surprised if Cad Bane allowed you to re-roll blanks and focuses on Proximity and Cluster mines and the Bomblet Generator was an action to flip a discarded bomb back over.

I would gladly be wrong on this as I don't like the idea of the above but given that Scum get everything, I wouldn't put it past the design team. 

So we're just ignoring that out of 11 expansions Scum managed to get 3-4 competitive ships. Not to mention that for their initial release up till the Jumpmaster they had exactly one competitive build that never actually won(Brobots). Or how about the fact that our most recent release is basically a gimmick ship with questionable value(QuadJumper).

Really people, the salt is unwarranted.

The only competitive bomber right now is rebel simply because of Adv. Slam and Sabine. The first one allows you to get them where you need them and the second allows you to actually deal damage with them. Now I think it's fairly safe to say from what we can see that it won't be having the level of movement that the K-Wing gets with Adv. Slam, don't even have the slot for our 1 shot slam. So whatever those upgrades do they better be pretty **** potent to make bombs actually worth it in scum.

ok when they say "upgrades" do they mean "any upgrade" or just "modifications" cause i am thinking a 5 ship "K-Fighter" mini swarm with free  Thread tracers would be pretty nice... assuming you could keep them in formation. that would be 4 ships with 3 attack dice maybe 4 if at range one with TLs AND a focus for a fangs out strike... i have had pretty good luck in the past with just 5 naked Kraz...  

1 hour ago, Viktus106 said:

Based on that assumption, I would not be surprised if Cad Bane allowed you to re-roll blanks and focuses on Proximity and Cluster mines and the Bomblet Generator was an action to flip a discarded bomb back over

I'm pretty sure bomblet generator only has to do with that new bomb token in the pack. It won't be something for every single bomb.

And Cad Bane isn't exactly known for explosives the same way Sabine is, so I'd be hesitant to assume any of the sort either. Scum crew cards often are released with the intent of going on a ship they didn't come with - how many Dengar crew do you see on JM5K?

17 minutes ago, BomberGob said:

So we're just ignoring that out of 11 expansions Scum managed to get 3-4 competitive ships. Not to mention that for their initial release up till the Jumpmaster they had exactly one competitive build that never actually won(Brobots). Or how about the fact that our most recent release is basically a gimmick ship with questionable value(QuadJumper).

Really people, the salt is unwarranted.

The only competitive bomber right now is rebel simply because of Adv. Slam and Sabine. The first one allows you to get them where you need them and the second allows you to actually deal damage with them. Now I think it's fairly safe to say from what we can see that it won't be having the level of movement that the K-Wing gets with Adv. Slam, don't even have the slot for our 1 shot slam. So whatever those upgrades do they better be pretty **** potent to make bombs actually worth it in scum.

I'm not being "salty" about it, just that when list building for either Rebel or Imperial i notice that a lot of the better options are Scum only.

I mean, Scum have the easiest access to action-less target locks via K4 Sec Droid and R4 Aggromech, action-less re-rolls when attacking via Dengar crew, token lock out via 4-LOM, defender defense re-rolls via Zuckuss and R4-B11. 

Then you have easy access to stress mechanics via Asajj ability and 4LOM pilot, best access to Tractor tokens via Ketsu ability, Shadow Caster title, Space Tug Tractor Array on the Quadjumper and Unkarr, not to mention Ketsu crew which will cripple you long game. 

From a list building perspective, they have a lot of interesting and useful toys at their disposal, more so than Rebels in my opinion.

Regarding your comment about Scum only having one competitive list that never actually won, i.e double IG. Myself and others did see decent success with StarVipers and Headhunters and I recall a number of people winning store/regional/national events with two IG lists. Considering that was there first wave, I think that's quite impressive. The Hounds Tooth and Kihraxz admittedly didn't do much to Scum (i think the arrival of Crackshot actually helped Imperials more) upon release but then it was the very next wave that saw the Jumpmaster release dominate everything. 

Admittedly, the Jumpmaster has done wonders for Scum, it was a great release for them and still continues to do well. Can't see why this trend won't continue with future releases. 

1 hour ago, Viktus106 said:

IMG_4463.PNG

2 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

I'm pretty sure bomblet generator only has to do with that new bomb token in the pack. It won't be something for every single bomb.

And Cad Bane isn't exactly known for explosives the same way Sabine is, so I'd be hesitant to assume any of the sort either. Scum crew cards often are released with the intent of going on a ship they didn't come with - how many Dengar crew do you see on JM5K?

Like I said, pure assumption, i'm not even familiar with him as a character if i'm honest! :)

51 minutes ago, Viktus106 said:

Like I said, pure assumption, i'm not even familiar with him as a character if i'm honest! :)

Cad Bane was introduced in the Clone Wars series, which takes place after Jango Fett has been killed but while Boba Fett is a child. They wanted a badass bounty hunter character and so they brought him in to fill the gap. He was especially good at going toe-to-toe with Jedi, so I would speculate that his ability is most likely going to disrupt your opponents Focus tokens or Focus results in some way, as they are often associated with Jedi characters in X-Wing.

1 hour ago, Swedge said:

ok when they say "upgrades" do they mean "any upgrade" or just "modifications" cause i am thinking a 5 ship "K-Fighter" mini swarm with free  Thread tracers would be pretty nice... assuming you could keep them in formation. that would be 4 ships with 3 attack dice maybe 4 if at range one with TLs AND a focus for a fangs out strike... i have had pretty good luck in the past with just 5 naked Kraz...  

Indeed, all elite, illicit, and missiles, are upgrades.   Free veteran instincts for many a khiraxz.

2 hours ago, Viktus106 said:

I'm not being "salty" about it, just that when list building for either Rebel or Imperial i notice that a lot of the better options are Scum only.

I mean, Scum have the easiest access to action-less target locks via K4 Sec Droid and R4 Aggromech, action-less re-rolls when attacking via Dengar crew, token lock out via 4-LOM, defender defense re-rolls via Zuckuss and R4-B11. 

Then you have easy access to stress mechanics via Asajj ability and 4LOM pilot, best access to Tractor tokens via Ketsu ability, Shadow Caster title, Space Tug Tractor Array on the Quadjumper and Unkarr, not to mention Ketsu crew which will cripple you long game. 

From a list building perspective, they have a lot of interesting and useful toys at their disposal, more so than Rebels in my opinion.

Regarding your comment about Scum only having one competitive list that never actually won, i.e double IG. Myself and others did see decent success with StarVipers and Headhunters and I recall a number of people winning store/regional/national events with two IG lists. Considering that was there first wave, I think that's quite impressive. The Hounds Tooth and Kihraxz admittedly didn't do much to Scum (i think the arrival of Crackshot actually helped Imperials more) upon release but then it was the very next wave that saw the Jumpmaster release dominate everything. 

Admittedly, the Jumpmaster has done wonders for Scum, it was a great release for them and still continues to do well. Can't see why this trend won't continue with future releases. 

As a general rule when you start to claim the developers have favoritism towards one faction or another you're probably being unduly petulant(salty). Yes Scum have some neat tricks but so do the other 2 factions, effectiveness varies as the meta shifts with new releases.  A lot of this is nothing more than whining, every faction has had it's golden moments and Scum is currently in the lead due to the under costed Jumpmaster. Not like this hasn't happened before, nobody remember Phantoms with a crazy 12+ initiative bid? The developers and testers are human and make mistakes, it happens.

As for IG's, they came close but never won the big prize. The Xizor list never made it far in the big tournaments if I remember correctly, I enjoyed the concept though. The initial release had 7 Scum ships and only 1 was competitive and the following wave was meh to okay and you think this shows Scum bias? I mean heck people forget that the Jumpmaster actually shipped with another ship, easy enough to do as the thing never sees play(G-1A).

As for if the trend continues, one word, Quadjumper. This thing is of extremely dubious value. It's built as a specialist blocker but it has a few key issues. 1. Only one of the named pilots has an ability that's actually effective for blocking. 2. It's not particularly durable 1 more health than a Z and it's all hull. 3. It's 3 more points than our other cheap options in the Z and L.Scyk.

It's in such an odd spot, If you want a specialized annoying blocker you're probably better off with the big based Bumpmaster. If you want a cheap annoying ship to fill in a list you're probably better off with a bug zapper Z. The problem is I really want to add upgrades to help it in it's role but that's generally ill advised as investing 20+ points on a 5 health ship with absolutely no offensive power is a bad idea. Given the lack of hype I'm guessing others were scratching their heads on what to do with it as well.

It's just annoying that Scum is finally getting an Ace pack so we can get some decent small based ships beside the Protectorate Fighter and stop being shoehorned into big based ships and half the **** thread is people whining that *scum get everything* despite this being our first pack while Rebels and Imperials are already sitting at 2 a piece not to mention their extra pilots and upgrades from the epic ships.

9 minutes ago, BomberGob said:

As a general rule when you start to claim the developers have favoritism towards one faction or another you're probably being unduly petulant(salty). Yes Scum have some neat tricks but so do the other 2 factions, effectiveness varies as the meta shifts with new releases.  A lot of this is nothing more than whining, every faction has had it's golden moments and Scum is currently in the lead due to the under costed Jumpmaster. Not like this hasn't happened before, nobody remember Phantoms with a crazy 12+ initiative bid? The developers and testers are human and make mistakes, it happens.

As for IG's, they came close but never won the big prize. The Xizor list never made it far in the big tournaments if I remember correctly, I enjoyed the concept though. The initial release had 7 Scum ships and only 1 was competitive and the following wave was meh to okay and you think this shows Scum bias? I mean heck people forget that the Jumpmaster actually shipped with another ship, easy enough to do as the thing never sees play(G-1A).

As for if the trend continues, one word, Quadjumper. This thing is of extremely dubious value. It's built as a specialist blocker but it has a few key issues. 1. Only one of the named pilots has an ability that's actually effective for blocking. 2. It's not particularly durable 1 more health than a Z and it's all hull. 3. It's 3 more points than our other cheap options in the Z and L.Scyk.

It's in such an odd spot, If you want a specialized annoying blocker you're probably better off with the big based Bumpmaster. If you want a cheap annoying ship to fill in a list you're probably better off with a bug zapper Z. The problem is I really want to add upgrades to help it in it's role but that's generally ill advised as investing 20+ points on a 5 health ship with absolutely no offensive power is a bad idea. Given the lack of hype I'm guessing others were scratching their heads on what to do with it as well.

It's just annoying that Scum is finally getting an Ace pack so we can get some decent small based ships beside the Protectorate Fighter and stop being shoehorned into big based ships and half the **** thread is people whining that *scum get everything* despite this being our first pack while Rebels and Imperials are already sitting at 2 a piece not to mention their extra pilots and upgrades from the epic ships.

Just out of curiosity, you keep using "our" so am I right in assuming that you either only collect or solely use Scum?

Anyways, back to your post!

I agree, what is effective does change with new releases and Scum are pretty hot right now, mainly due to the Jumpmaster but I doubt that will ever see a points increase so that is going to be a staple of the Scum fleet for while and why not? Its a great ship!

As for the Phantom, if you played against a pre-nerf phantom now I think there are enough options to deal with it. Mainly scummy options mind you and Rebel Sabine/bombs of course, those work on a lot of things, 12 point bid or not.

Me saying that I find it easier to build more effective lists with scum is just my observation. Of course FFG are not actually biased towards Scum but you have to admit, their options are pretty good when compared to the other factions. As I listed before, they have very good crew options, the best in my opinion, especially when compared to Rebels. I personally strongly favor Scum lists when deciding on what to fly because I know that I can build a two or three ship list that has tools to handle everything and quite simply as well, I can't do that with Imperial or Rebel lists.

I welcome the new Scum Ace pack, i'll be flying my Starviper more and more and i'll happily Harpoon things into gleeful oblivion. Even more if it turns out to be a Scum only super assault missile. Ha Ha.