bahourmat

New "Guns for Hire" Pack Announced

36 minutes ago, clanofwolves said:

I'm just saying, after playing teat games and one small tourney with Scum FennBoats, I cannot for the life of me see any other faction that can add up with Scum's flexibility, maneuverability, resilience and economy of actions. Period.

Maybe I'm a fool, but when I need to win, I will go with the designed power in the game, even if it isn't Star Wars at all.....I'm a sell-out I guess. This pack just makes it all the better to build power lists......But, when I play for fun, I'll play my Interceptors, T-65s and A-Wings.

Absolutely, but the running store championship season does not show scum dominance (though more of them are brought) and rather shows that Rebels have really good lists with Kanan/Biggs, Hera/Ahsoka (there is a reason why Zeb is one of the best rated pilots on meta wing), Miranda-stuff and even 4 ship Biggs/Rex lists, while the empire does rather well with TIE/sfs and Vessery (who are rated second place in ships and pilots respectively). While the data is not the strongest, there are a lot of games in there, which leads me to believe that regionals won't look as dire as many expect.

Oh, and nefarious mouse-doing sounds kinda funny to me, thats why I had to put that in there :D

Edited by Admiral Deathrain

25 minutes ago, streamdragon said:

For reference, here is a complete list of the modifications currently available to the Khiraxz Starfighter, with their costs adjusted for the new title:

Autothrusters (1) - Requires taking Engine Upgrade (3)
Engine Upgrade (3)
Experimental Interface (2) - requires taking an ACTION: upgrade in another slot (x-1)
Guidance Chips (0) - Was already free, requires taking missile upgrade (0-4; worth noting 0 does 0 damage)
Hull Upgrade (2)
Munitions Failsafe (0) - requires taking missile upgrade (0-4; worth noting 0 does 0 damage)
Pulsed Ray Shield (1) - mutually exclusive with Shield Upgrade
Shield Upgrade (3) - mutually exclusive with Pulsed Ray Shield
Stealth Device (2)
Stygium Particle Accelerator 1) - requires taking (unique!) Cloaking Device illicit upgrade (1)
Targeting Computer (1) - ship already has TL action; included for completeness sake.
Vectored Thrusters (1)

So there you go.  Find me the "broken" combo in the short list of modification upgrades.

You seem to miss that all upgrades get a 1 point discount. So hey 5 Marauders with XX-23 S-Thread Tracers and Black Market Slicer Tools (or Inertial Dampeners).

We are speaking of a 10 points discount here. They were already priced better and more aggressively than the X-Wing. I don´' t find it appealing that the player of this list gets 10 extra points to spend!

Further problem: With such a title FFG has to double check (no triple check) EVERY upgrade costing 1 point more than before. And any modification even more - not to give birth to a gamebreaking new abomination!

I really fear this card will restrict development of new modification cards! And every Interceptor player fells hardkicked into his balls when looking at such a title. Burn worhtless piece of paper named Royal Guard Tie.

2 minutes ago, UnitOmega said:

Ah yes, naturally, five minutes after a huge announcement of a "finally" release - something people have been anticipating forever we immediately move to "this is why we can't have nice things". My first instinct is to shout for all of you worthless complainers to get the **** out, I don't want you playing the same game as me but that seems rash and judgmental. A harsh, snap judgment on your character from only a momentary interaction without greater context. An irrational annoyed response which really has nothing to do with you as individuals just kind of a snap thing because you're part of a trend which annoys me in the greater plastic spaceship zeitgeist. 

That's a metaphor, in case you didn't pick up.

Everybody who is mad is just wrong. You are wrong because everywhere I go, people feel joy. They are happy that Kihraxzes and StarVipers might amount to something. They really liked those ships before, and now the game has done right by them - a well reasoned "fix" pack with new tools which breathes new life into underperforming ships. Because the OG Scum were not great, except for IGs. Now all 3 Scum original ships have a wealth of interesting pilots and...

Alright, wrap it up there Wordy McWorder.

2 minutes ago, StriderZessei said:

Anyone else find it ironic we still need to buy the original StarViper to get Autothrusters?

You'll also need it to get the original generic pilots. This pack is adding two new PS5 generics, a la Glaive Squadron.

12 minutes ago, xanderf said:

Well, don't leave the free thread tracers and free munitions failsafe on the floor...

..oh well, I might as well take the Chimps as well then!

19 minutes ago, force kin said:

Seems strange that scum gets so much love, to be honest.

Let's see some imperial love?

Don't forget there's seven unannounced SKUs between Wave 11 and this released. I'm sure you'll get plenty of Imperial and Rebel love as well.

Or at least some pretty new coloured bases ti put your ships on.

9 minutes ago, xstormtrooperx said:

You seem to miss that all upgrades get a 1 point discount. So hey 5 Marauders with XX-23 S-Thread Tracers and Black Market Slicer Tools (or Inertial Dampeners).

We are speaking of a 10 points discount here. They were already priced better and more aggressively than the X-Wing. I don´' t find it appealing that the player of this list gets 10 extra points to spend!

Further problem: With such a title FFG has to double check (no triple check) EVERY upgrade costing 1 point more than before. And any modification even more - not to give birth to a gamebreaking new abomination!

I really fear this card will restrict development of new modification cards! And every Interceptor player fells hardkicked into his balls when looking at such a title. Burn worhtless piece of paper named Royal Guard Tie.

I'm not missing it, but any other cards were already available in combination for the Khiraxz.  The only way they weren't "broken" before, but are "broken" now is if adding two new modifications suddenly "broke" them.

And you're not speaking of a 10 point discount, the highest discount you can get is 6 points: EPT, Torpedo, Illicit, Mod, Mod, Mod.  -6.  And that's IF you fill EVERY slot AND don't take Guidance Chips along side your Torpedo upgrade (or take Seismic Torpedoes I guess).

Keep in mind that the only ships capable of taking these new titles are ships that are not seeing any play.  These are "fix" titles.  And Royal Guard is still as good as it was, this title doesn't suddenly make that card worthless, especially as the most common use of the this title will be to give repositioning abilities to the Khiraxz that the Interceptor already has.

1 hour ago, Darth Meanie said:

2017 sure is S&V's year.  They get a huge ship, win worlds, still have the top ship, and get fixes for their three lesser ships (scyk in the CROC and these guys).

Well it has certainly been a scummy year so far. 

Edited by BlodVargarna

Confirmed, FFG is Scum at heart.

Up to 3 Modification upgrades AND -1 to all upgrades? AYFKM?!?!

A cumulative -3 title for the StarViper? (with a trade-off that feels more like an improvement than a drawback)

What the hell?! Those ships needed help, but FFG totally overshot. It's powercreep to a level we don't see since the Jumpmaster.

And that StarViper painting... oh... it's only me to find it extremely ugly?

And last: it wouldn't hurt if the Kihraxz ship miniature was of a Vaksai.  Specially since the Vaksai showed already in some card arts and there is the new title. Talk about missed opportunities...

All wrong, FFG. All wrong.

BTW, looks like I'm somewhat in the same creative page of FFG (again). Here are some of my cards for the Custom Card League. That means we get other super requested ships and a Rogue One X-Wing/Y-Wing pack soon? 

Edited by Odanan

33 minutes ago, heychadwick said:

OK...this....and all the other threads that are talking about Scum being too powerful.    

FFG seems to be in a big mood to Nerf and Buff a bunch of ships.  There was the Great Nerfing that happened.   I think after this past Worlds we are SURE to see another Nerfing.   What will be hit?  Jumpasters will be hit somehow.  Attanni Mindlink will be hit somehow.    Biggs will be hit somehow.  Those are the big offenders from Worlds 2017.   So.....if we think along the lines that these nasty things will be NERFED in the near future, what does that do for the rest of the game?  Are things nearly so "broken" and "Over Powered" if these other things are soon to be nerfed?   What is "competitive"?  It basically means broken and OP.  If Imperials have nothing OP at the moment and Rebels can't make OP without Biggs, then imagine a world where all the OP is gone and there is a new power level. 

OK....you are probably going to say that the humble T-65 X-wing is hurting and needs some love.   Well, after the Biggs nerf, I'm positive they can then release the T-65 fix they have been sitting on.   Just look at all the other fixes they are coming out with lately (Scyk, Kihraxz, Starviper, Tie Bomber, and Tie Punisher).   

Don't forget TLT nerf!

Now I don't feel too bad if they would do JM5K's nerf, all though I feel like this "Guns for Hire" will be part of the fix against jumpmasters, because this will put things bit more in "balance" by adding power and options for other ships. Now I am pretty sure also that after "Vaksai" there will be mindlink nerf before these guys are out, there would be huge poop storm coming if Scum would get free mindlink.

Biggs will be nerfed hopefully and it would open up T65s again for mods. Someone had good point that they are such a iconic ship that they should be more playable, not just Biggs.

It makes me happy that FFG is going towards the fixes rather than just doing more new ships, that was in my priority number one what we need. We have so many ships in X-Wing that we should get to use them also. 

I am still overwhelmed by the Vaksai tittle, it just blew my mind! Talking about cost-effectiveness!! Bang for your buck! :o

I am sure it has been mentioned in this topic, but if one of the pilots can copy another pilot's ability, couldn't it copy brobots? Maybe not worth it in a 100 or game since brobots tend to be fat, but maybe in an epic game.

25 minutes ago, StriderZessei said:

Anyone else find it ironic we still need to buy the original StarViper to get Autothrusters?

That and the fact FFG has the nerve to mention them in the article as well.

Should have included them over stealth device which doesn't see much use but more importantly has been included in THREE expansions already, and multiple copies in two of them.

3 minutes ago, Knightcrawler said:

I am sure it has been mentioned in this topic, but if one of the pilots can copy another pilot's ability, couldn't it copy brobots? Maybe not worth it in a 100 or game since brobots tend to be fat, but maybe in an epic game.

Depends on how they word it but it certainly seems possible.  But unlikely to be a major balance concern.

14 minutes ago, streamdragon said:

I'm not missing it, but any other cards were already available in combination for the Khiraxz.  The only way they weren't "broken" before, but are "broken" now is if adding two new modifications suddenly "broke" them.

And you're not speaking of a 10 point discount, the highest discount you can get is 6 points: EPT, Torpedo, Illicit, Mod, Mod, Mod.  -6.  And that's IF you fill EVERY slot AND don't take Guidance Chips along side your Torpedo upgrade (or take Seismic Torpedoes I guess).

Keep in mind that the only ships capable of taking these new titles are ships that are not seeing any play.  These are "fix" titles.  And Royal Guard is still as good as it was, this title doesn't suddenly make that card worthless, especially as the most common use of the this title will be to give repositioning abilities to the Khiraxz that the Interceptor already has.

Check you math vs. my example. Please. 10 Points Discount in the list.

It´ is like every Cartell Marauder costs only 18 points now (yes I know its a difference).

Edited by xstormtrooperx

1 hour ago, WWHSD said:

What's exciting about a 22 point Crackshot Saber Squad? It's a Interceptor that isn't very good at doing Interceptor things.

The Vaksai lets you toss in a bunch of upgrades that are situationally useful for no real cost on a low price ship that hits hard enough that it needs to be dealt with. The 23 point Vaksai is going to be able to use tracers to get target locks for his whole crew at that initial range 3 engagement. He's got Black Market Slicer tools to threaten high PS self-stressing aces.   

What's interesting about 22-point interceptor compared to vaksai? The sarcasm of it all.