bahourmat

New "Guns for Hire" Pack Announced

On 2017-6-1 at 5:26 AM, Larky Bobble said:

The set looks great bar the stealth device and lack of autothrusters...

Hence, why I have just now bought a second Autothruster Exp Pack. 

(and since I'll likely want 3 of the G4H box once it's released - to fly 5 Vaksai - it seems I'll have a lot of butterflies to experiment on) 

36 minutes ago, Booth9999 said:

This sound exciting, where did you get this info from? Thanks

TIE Aggressor is SWX66, Guns for Hire is SWX73 - this leaves quite a few unassigned product SKUs which aren't announced. 

46 minutes ago, Booth9999 said:

This sound exciting, where did you get this info from? Thanks

It's actually only 6, not 7, but the info came from the fact that the last announced ship in wave 11 is swx66 and guns for hire is swx73. So we're missing 67-72

Just wanted to report that I play-tested the following with very positive results in casual gameplay:

Guri:

• MK. II Title
  • Virago Title
  • Veteran Instincts
  • Fire Control Systems
  • Pulsed Ray Shields
  • Black Market Slicer Tools

Talobane Cobra:

• Vaksai Title
  • Predator
  • Vectored Thrusters
  • Engine Upgrade
  • Pulsed Ray Shields

Fenn Rau

• Fearlessness
  • Concord Dawn Protectorate Title
  • Stealth Device

It was a lot of fun against agile aces. I have not tried it against any large based ships yet. Im even more excited about Guns For Hire after running this proxy test!

Edited by Phoenix5454

9 hours ago, Phoenix5454 said:

Just wanted to report that I play-tested the following with very positive results in casual gameplay:

Guri:

• MK. II Title
  • Virago Title
  • Veteran Instincts
  • Fire Control Systems
  • Pulsed Ray Shields

Talobane Cobra:

• Vaksai Title
  • Predator
  • Vectored Thrusters
  • Engine Upgrade
  • Pulsed Ray Shields

Fenn Rau

• Fearlessness
  • Concord Dawn Protectorate Title
  • Stealth Device

It was a lot of fun against agile aces. I have not tried it against any large based ships yet. Im even more excited about Guns For Hire after running this proxy test!

I made nearly the same list, except with Attanni and cloak on Cobra.  

I still think Fenn Rau is overpowered and undercosted.  

You could at least experiment with different Fenn builds, I'm curious if anyone has tried running him with APTs yet just for the lol factor of being able to roll six dice.

Edited by Princezilla

1 minute ago, Princezilla said:

You could at least experiment with different Fenn builds, I'm curious if anyone has tried running him with APTs yet just for the lol factor of being able to roll six dice.

I haven't run apt, but I've run him with proton torpedoes for the 4 dice at range 2-3. Alongside genesis red and talonbane with homing missiles

23 minutes ago, Princezilla said:

*raises hand* 

It is glorious. And not just because you're rolling 6 dice, too; thanks to the APT you've got a 96% of getting 6 hits. You just fly up to things and say "Roll all naturals or you're dead."

Edited by DR4CO

6 minutes ago, Princezilla said:

We'll to be honest I built the list with Guri and Cobra first. Fenn just made the cut because I knew he works well and the points were dead on.

But you are right I am guilty of not experimenting with him in this squad, but really I was trying to test Cobra and Guri out with backup that I knew didn't suck lol

Edited by Phoenix5454
Spelling

2 minutes ago, DR4CO said:

*raises hand* 

It is glorious. And not just because you're rolling 6 dice, too; thanks to the APT you've got a 96% of getting 6 hits; you just fly up to things and say "Roll all naturals or you're dead."

Yeah and it's not like it's hard to get TL focus in one turn with Mind Link or PTL even with his dial.

I have been thinking that x4 Cartel Marauders "Vaksai" with HotShot Blaster and Munitions Fail-Safe could be good combination and would only be 22p each, so total of 88p. 

I would like to try something like this.

Kihraxz Fighter: Cartel Marauder (20)

• Pulse Ray Shields (1)
  • Munition Fail-Safe (0)
  • Hull Upgrade (2)
  • "Hot Shot" Blaster (2)
  • Vaksai (0)

• Pulse Ray Shields (1)
  • Munition Fail-Safe (0)
  • Hull Upgrade (2)
  • "Hot Shot" Blaster (2)
  • Vaksai (0)

• Pulse Ray Shields (1)
  • Munition Fail-Safe (0)
  • Hull Upgrade (2)
  • "Hot Shot" Blaster (2)
  • Vaksai (0)

• Pulse Ray Shields (1)
  • Munition Fail-Safe (0)
  • Hull Upgrade (2)
  • "Hot Shot" Blaster (2)
  • Vaksai (0)

-- TOTAL ------- 100p. --

Ideal would have been skipping one Marauder and those Pulse Ray Shields to fit Yv-666 with Jabba the Hutt, so those Hot Shot Blasters would be even better, get two shots for each and if you won't hit you won't loose them either. But even x4 Marauders with those can be reused because almost certainly you will be missing few shots here and there. This build would allow you to joust, run and recover shields and repeat, so you still are risk for your opponent while making a turn. These also have six hit points so they won't be one shot and you can always try recharge shields. I'm thinking that 3-4 Kihraxz will be pretty good list in the future, good attack and can be made strong. 

Here is another one that doesn't need enemies in their arc to make damage through. So many very cool options for these ships at the moment!!

Kihraxz Fighter: Black Sun Ace (23)

• Attanni Mindlink (0)
  • Pulse Ray Shields (1)
  • Vectored Thrusters (1)
  • Black Market Slicer Tools (0)
  • Vaksai (0)

• Attanni Mindlink (0)
  • Pulse Ray Shields (1)
  • Vectored Thrusters (1)
  • Vaksai (0)

• Attanni Mindlink (0)
  • Pulse Ray Shields (1)
  • Vectored Thrusters (1)
  •  Black Market Slicer Tools (0)
  • Vaksai (0)

• Attanni Mindlink (0)
  • Pulse Ray Shields (1)
  • Vectored Thrusters (1)
  • Vaksai (0)

1 hour ago, Cerve said:

What about this pack+Jabba? Discount Illicits with Vaksai and get them doubled with Jabba.

You still have to bring 34 points of party bus to get them.  Best I can work out is Slaver with Jabba plus 3 generic K Fighters with Hot Shot Blaster, Munitions Failsafe, Tracers, Chips.  with 2 shots for 2 points per HSB AND Failsafe, you probably get a good amount of mileage out of your 3 3-die turrets.  But Jabba is super easy to kill.

I think Guri was mildly competitive in the right Mindlink squad already (top 2 at Toronto Regionals), this will really help and the barrel rolls are super fun. I think this will help the Kihraxz get a sprinkle of competitive play, but I still think it'll be a good all rounder lacking a niche.

18 hours ago, Blail Blerg said:

I made nearly the same list, except with Attanni and cloak on Cobra.  

I still think Fenn Rau is overpowered and undercosted.  

Fenn Rau is far from OP, he is very good and in good balance. He can be made strong by Manaroo and Mindlink, but that isn't issue of Fenn Rau. Fenn also is weak and with no shield, he takes skill to fly or you will be dying very fast. 

1 hour ago, DragoonKainKatarn said:

I think Guri was mildly competitive in the right Mindlink squad already (top 2 at Toronto Regionals), this will really help and the barrel rolls are super fun. I think this will help the Kihraxz get a sprinkle of competitive play, but I still think it'll be a good all rounder lacking a niche.

Vaksai tittle makes Kihraxz very strong I would say. You can get three to four of them filled with upgrades. We can add their hit points up to 7 with only 5p, also we can use Autothrusters with this first time and not to forget that all 1p upgrades and EPTs like Crack Shot, free!! 

We are not even close to exploring these new opportunities that have been given them!

On 6/5/2017 at 3:19 PM, Zazaa said:

Vaksai tittle makes Kihraxz very strong I would say. You can get three to four of them filled with upgrades. We can add their hit points up to 7 with only 5p, also we can use Autothrusters with this first time and not to forget that all 1p upgrades and EPTs like Crack Shot, free!! 

We are not even close to exploring these new opportunities that have been given them!

I think they are set to be quite strong and versatile because of those new goodies, but they had a lot of downsides and for all the points you can save with the Kihraxz, you ultimately have to spend points to save points, or you get a pot pourri of upgrades that are more situational and don't add a huge ton of strength despite their usefulness. 

I do think they'll be good, but they won't be meta staples IMO.

I do concede that it's early however, just offering my prediction. I'm excited to fly 5 Cartel Marauders or adding Black Sun Aces to some Mindlink squads if for nothing more than fun. 

Five Kiharzx fighters barely sees competitive player nowadays, four generics with upgrades won't see much of an improvement because they still suffer from the same issues the five did.

So that leaves the unique pilots.
Graz is nice but no EPT leaves him off the table.
Talonbane Cobra is nice but you have to pump a lot of points into him just to get him to Fenn levels and Fenn is still cheaper. (TBC is 34/35 points whilst Fenn is 32)
Viktor could see some use with stealth device and be a late game closer.
Captain ???? needs to have a decent ability (EPT as well) for a PS4 to see table time. 

Now the clutch for me will be confirmation on Threek's ability, if he can indeed copy a friendly ability then Talonbane. Fenn and Threek could be a seriously hard hitting mindlink squad.

I'm interested and wanting to put the Kiharzx on the board, I like the ship but struggling to put them into a competitive list I feel comfortable with until we have seen more information. 

On 6/5/2017 at 3:21 PM, Zazaa said:

Here is another one that doesn't need enemies in their arc to make damage through. So many very cool options for these ships at the moment!!

• Attanni Mindlink (0)
  • Pulse Ray Shields (1)
  • Vectored Thrusters (1)
  • Vaksai (0)

• Attanni Mindlink (0)
  • Pulse Ray Shields (1)
  • Vectored Thrusters (1)
  • Vaksai (0)

• Attanni Mindlink (0)
  • Pulse Ray Shields (1)
  • Vectored Thrusters (1)
  •  Black Market Slicer Tools (0)
  • Vaksai (0)

• Attanni Mindlink (0)
  • Pulse Ray Shields (1)
  • Vectored Thrusters (1)
  • Vaksai (0)

An alternative on similar lines:

Black Sun Ace (23)
Attanni Mindlink (1)
XX-23 S-Thread Tracers (1)
Feedback Array (2)
Pulsed Ray Shield (2)
Guidance Chips (0)
Munitions Failsafe (1)
Vaksai (0)

Black Sun Ace (23)
Attanni Mindlink (1)
Feedback Array (2)
Pulsed Ray Shield (2)
Guidance Chips (0)
Munitions Failsafe (1)
Vaksai (0)

Black Sun Ace (23)
Attanni Mindlink (1)
Feedback Array (2)
Pulsed Ray Shield (2)
Guidance Chips (0)
Munitions Failsafe (1)
Vaksai (0)

Black Sun Ace (23)
Attanni Mindlink (1)
Feedback Array (2)
Pulsed Ray Shield (2)
Guidance Chips (0)
Munitions Failsafe (1)
Vaksai (0)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Notice that feedback array costs you 1HP for an ion token.
Notice that pulsed ray shields gains you 1HP for an ion token.
You discard two ion tokens as easily as one.

:D