bahourmat

New "Guns for Hire" Pack Announced

Sooooooooo Talonbane with 3 mods at 1 point less each.  Boost/Autothrusters/Pulsed Ray Shields for 5 points?  And free Mindlink.  Yaaaaas.  Guri now costs LESS than Fenn, as she **** rightly should, and the new title combos brilliantly with Intensity as well.

So... the two unique conditions though.  Presumably they relate to two of the pilots we can't yet see?  I'm guessing probably the StarViper ones.

But overall... yes, this is great, so pleased.

Woah.  Went even further than I expected.

I know buying five Kihraxz back when wasn't the best idea ever but only two of the Kihraxz titles makes me a sad panda.  At least you only need four until they come out with a 1pt mod that is helpful.

Generic Starvipers are probably still bad but Mindlink Guri is definitely going to be a thing.  

Edit:  Nope, I "need" five copies.  Failed to notice the Vaksai title makes everything cheaper.  What the what?!?  Five Kihraxz with tracers or slicer tools?  Sure!

Edit Edit 5x Cartel Marauders with Tracers, Slicers, Chips and Munitions Failsafe (where did I put those cards...)

Edit#3  That list would cost me so. much. money.  3 Hired Guns, 3 more TAP's, and 2 more Shadowcasters...  Ugh

Edited by gamblertuba

2 minutes ago, Lightrock said:

Yup. Talonbane with boost,  barrel roll and AT confirmed. Guri for 3 points less can pretend to be Echo now :P. Low PS on new pilots can be a problem still but both fighters will certainly become much more viable now.

Pulse ray shield BS Enforcers, x4. That's a lot of regen to burn through when they sit on a PS1 focus.

Cool.  I wonder what kind of interesting interactions having 3 mods is going to yield.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't the Kihraxz now take EU, VT, and AT for a total of 5 extra points?  While that might be the default answer, I'm not sure it's necessarily the one that provides the most interesting option.  PRS and EI would be the two that I think might end up providing the best builds.

As for the StarViper, I'm really glad to see that fix.  Not only is the -3 cost nice, but the fact that it forces the bank BR means that Lt. Lorrir's ability might finally get some use (given, on a StarViper, but whatever), making for some interesting flight mechanic changes.  It also goes well that it's on the StarViper because it's the only ship with a Sloop but no K turn.

2 minutes ago, Khyros said:

Cool.  I wonder what kind of interesting interactions having 3 mods is going to yield.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't the Kihraxz now take EU, VT, and AT for a total of 5 extra points?  While that might be the default answer, I'm not sure it's necessarily the one that provides the most interesting option.  PRS and EI would be the two that I think might end up providing the best builds.

As for the StarViper, I'm really glad to see that fix.  Not only is the -3 cost nice, but the fact that it forces the bank BR means that Lt. Lorrir's ability might finally get some use (given, on a StarViper, but whatever), making for some interesting flight mechanic changes.  It also goes well that it's on the StarViper because it's the only ship with a Sloop but no K turn.

EU VT AT PTL for 7 is very solid (or EU VT AT Mindlink for 5) but I suspect EU AT PRS will be better.  Adding Boost AND BR versus adding regen and a 1 straight...

Just now, Pretty Green said:

Royal Guard title feels like a joke now.

Not really - TIE interceptors have always been solid ships. Starvipers and Khiraxz fighters...not so much.

Lorrir needs an errata. Take that stress penalty away, and I'll fly him against your newfangled Starvipers any day.

1 minute ago, Parakitor said:

Not really - TIE interceptors have always been solid ships. Starvipers and Khiraxz fighters...not so much.

Lorrir needs an errata. Take that stress penalty away, and I'll fly him against your newfangled Starvipers any day.

I don't know about that.. it seems that people only ever take the top named aces for tie interceptors.. I don't think I have ever seen low or middling interceptors being used.