Jump to content
Schu81

What the.... FFG

Recommended Posts

This kinda hurts, because that new Scum box seems to be exactly the kind of fix (including titles) which I would love to get for my T65 XWings.

It does also feel strange right now, because Scum has already got the strongest lists at the moment. They have got the most OP ships already. 

They are getting so much new stuff at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Schu81 said:

This kinda hurts, because that new Scum box seems to be exactly the kind of fix (including titles) which I would love to get for my T65 XWings.

It does also feel strange right now, because Scum has already got the strongest lists at the moment. They have got the most OP ships already. 

They are getting so much new stuff at the moment.

Giving us access to more good small ships might mean you actaully see more than 3 scum ships in lists at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Schu81 said:

This kinda hurts, because that new Scum box seems to be exactly the kind of fix (including titles) which I would love to get for my T65 XWings.

It does also feel strange right now, because Scum has already got the strongest lists at the moment. They have got the most OP ships already. 

They are getting so much new stuff at the moment.

Both Rebs and Imps have had packs to help fix their older ships. Why can't scum get the same? Just because ship X is fine doesn't mean they shouldn't fix ship Y in the same faction. Otherwise its like saying well the Ghost is fine so there is no reason to fix the T-65. Imps had 2 ace packs, Reb had 1, now scum gets 1 it isn't an issue. There will be more ace packs for Rebs in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, PastrySandwich said:

Both Rebs and Imps have had packs to help fix their older ships. Why can't scum get the same? Just because ship X is fine doesn't mean they shouldn't fix ship Y in the same faction. Otherwise its like saying well the Ghost is fine so there is no reason to fix the T-65. Imps had 2 ace packs, Reb had 1, now scum gets 1 it isn't an issue. There will be more ace packs for Rebs in the future.

I am not even against some kind of update for these scum ships, but the way how this whole faction get pushed to the top AND the timing sucks.

Scum has already got the strongest lists at the moment. They are getting an additional epic ship packed with an m3a fix.

The other factions seem to be getting average, mediocre ships which hardly get used (uwing) or "updated" pilots which are even much worse than the older ones (Han Solo & Chewy). Why did they even publish a new Han, if its so much worse...?

There are some ships in this game, that matter so much more than these stupid sicekick scum ships! Why dont these ships get any love from FFG?

FFG seems to be pushing Scum soooooo much.

I dont think anybody has started playing XWing because of Starvipers or Jumpmasters. 

Vader & Luke are so much more important!  

Dont get me wrong on this. There should be a huge variety of ships. I am perfectly fine with a well balanced third Scum faction. Give them updates.

But THIS particular box should have been a T65 Xwing box. It would have been an important message to the fans of this game and the whole StarvWars universe. 

Now this feels really painful. Another Scum boost? Do they still want rebels or imperials in the top 16 of any tournament? Doesnt feel so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Schu81 said:

I dont think anybody has started playing XWing because of Starvipers or Jumpmasters. 

I bet you dollars to donuts that, in fact, somebody has picked up the game because they really liked one or both of those ships and saw them on shelves. 

Also you're wrong - Scum isn't getting an "additional" Epic ship. They are getting their FIRST epic ship, when both other factions hit 2 a while back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, PastrySandwich said:

Both Rebs and Imps have had packs to help fix their older ships. Why can't scum get the same? Just because ship X is fine doesn't mean they shouldn't fix ship Y in the same faction. Otherwise its like saying well the Ghost is fine so there is no reason to fix the T-65. Imps had 2 ace packs, Reb had 1, now scum gets 1 it isn't an issue. There will be more ace packs for Rebs in the future.

Rebels have 2 same as imperials. Heroes of the resistance was their second aces pack. 

3 minutes ago, Schu81 said:

I am not even against some kind of update for these scum ships, but the way how this whole faction get pushed to the top AND the timing sucks.

Scum has already got the strongest lists at the moment. They are getting an additional epic ship packed with an m3a fix.

Releases take a lot of time to put together. They start working on them LONG before they get announced. This has probably been in progress since before last years worlds and the rise of scum dominance. 

3 minutes ago, Schu81 said:

The other factions seem to be getting average, mediocre ships which hardly get used (uwing) or "updated" pilots which are even much worse than the older ones (Han Solo & Chewy). Why did they even publish a new Han, if its so much worse...?

Uwing might be mediocre, but the rebel tie is doing quite well. Striker is doing well also.  And Kylo. 

3 minutes ago, Schu81 said:

There are some ships in this game, that matter so much more than these stupid sicekick scum ships! Why dont these ships get any love from FFG?

FFG seems to be pushing Scum soooooo much.

The kihraxz and starviper are worse off than just about any rebel ship. Imperials at least have the punisher being worse. But scum is also 2 aces packs behind the other factions before this. 

3 minutes ago, Schu81 said:

I dont think anybody has started playing XWing because of Starvipers or Jumpmasters. 

May bony be why I started paying X-Wing (sun didn't exist at the time) but the starviper is my favorite ship in the game.  Just because YOU don't want it doesn't mean other people don't. 

3 minutes ago, Schu81 said:

Vader & Luke are so much more important!  

Dont get me wrong on this. There should be a huge variety of ships. I am perfectly fine with a well balanced third Scum faction. Give them updates.

But THIS particular box should have been a T65 Xwing box. It would have been an important message to the fans of this game and the whole StarvWars universe. 

At least Biggs sees play so xwings hit the table. And wedge won a store championship. Still better than the scum ships were. And scum absolutely needed an aces pack before another rebel one. 

3 minutes ago, Schu81 said:

Now this feels really painful. Another Scum boost? Do they still want rebels or imperials in the top 16 of any tournament? Doesnt feel so.

Both are doing fine in store champs right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree that the X needs something, and it needs that something more than we need a wookiee gunship, the quad jumper, and repainted khiraxz...

 

Has anyone else noticed that every "small" scum only ship has now been aced?

 

and I get it. X-wing's got the special pilots and droids in the GR75, plus heroes of the resistance.

It's clearly not enough. I still think point reduction to give it a disadvantage, like make it so it's target locks don't maintain for -3 points or something random.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VanderLegion said:

Giving us access to more good small ships might mean you actaully see more than 3 scum ships in lists at least.

I wish, but this set is only gonna help out Talonbane Cobra more. The only thing that might change is that when you have the FennRau/TalonbaneCobra/SomeOtherThing list, that SomeOtherThing might be another Kihraxz instead of Manaroo.

 

edit: didn't mean that to sound like I'm complaining, though! I'm still excited to see who that other Kihraxz will be, or if there might be a StarViper that fits there instead!

Edited by Kieransi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Kieransi said:

I wish, but this set is only gonna help out Talonbane Cobra more. The only thing that might change is that when you have the FennRau/TalonbaneCobra/SomeOtherThing list, that SomeOtherThing might be another Kihraxz instead of Manaroo.

 

edit: didn't mean that to sound like I'm complaining, though! I'm still excited to see who that other Kihraxz will be, or if there might be a StarViper that fits there instead!

Well TBC doesn't get used competitively right now, so that's already +1 ship to the scum variety.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, VanderLegion said:

Well TBC doesn't get used competitively right now, so that's already +1 ship to the scum variety.

Oh, ok! That shows how long it's been since I went to a tournament! I still remember TBC/Fenn/Manaroo...

Good to know! 

Edited by Kieransi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FFG seems to hate rebels, and maybe imperials too (exaggerating here).

I think Scum might be better for them from a business point of view.

Maybe all these rather unknown Scum ships are just cheaper to get licensed and they might be easier to handle.... I mean like...probably there is Disney somewhere in the background, telling FFG exactly how they want an XWing to be, feel, fly, look. This is not happening with a toilet seat.

So if Scum gets stronger and stronger, people are going to fight each other with Scum lists only.

Of course Rebels and Imperials can still remain somewhere in the meta, as a starting point for new players and enthusiasts who will try to get a triple XWing list working, no matter what.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, you're just wrong.

The license is already paid for. As evidenced by the TIE Aggressor, Disney (or rather Lucasfilm Licensing, Disney has very little reason to interact with FFG directly) doesn't appear to be holding FFG on a very tight leash regarding canon content either, so likely appearances of ships are based on, who could ******* guess, mechanical niches and relevant new content that comes out. The Auzituck is not a marketing grab, it's on screen for like 5 seconds. New Scum are not a marketing grab, other than that FFG already has your money for StarVipers, Kihraxz and Syck packs from 2.5 years ago and maybe if you give them some more money they can actually be cool. And Imperials were slaying pretty hardcore right up until Palp and x7 got nerfed. That was only a couple months ago. And before Scum's back-to-back Worlds wins (which is slightly screwy because of the shorter time-scale between the events) Rebels were pretty consistent winners - and were still #2 in both those events. Imperial players are whinging and moaning about how much better the Rebel TIE is than their regular one, and some people still struggle with Regen which has been a rebel thing since the game started. And everyone was all scrred that Kylo was going to ruin everything before the Upsilon actually came out. 

You my friend, are just hurt - and should get over it. 

EDIT: Actually I should say Hired Guns could be seen as a marketing grab - in the sense that keep seeing overjoyed scum players and wannabe players who can finally run their StarVipers and Kihraxzes and be taken seriously and are happy to give FFG their money to do so. 

Edited by UnitOmega

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, UnitOmega said:

I bet you dollars to donuts that, in fact, somebody has picked up the game because they really liked one or both of those ships and saw them on shelves. 

Also you're wrong - Scum isn't getting an "additional" Epic ship. They are getting their FIRST epic ship, when both other factions hit 2 a while back. 

You, sir, are completely correct. I picked up the game because it wasn't just imperials versus rebels.  I got into it because of my enjoyment of all the EU legends and all the Black Sun, pirates, Hutt cartels and bounty hunters that came with it.

Yes, I did play this game because of starvipers. And Jumpmasters. And the YV666. My very first purchase was the Most Wanted expansion, followed shortly by a core set so I didn't need to borrow supplies from my opponent. Most of my games in my first month or more was 60 point matches and I fielded Kavil and N'Dru.

Edited by ScummyRebel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody, thought that maybe this was in development before Worlds and before the System Opens?

You know before scum began to dominate? 

occam's razor; I will put money on FFG working on something for Empire and then Rebels to balance the game.

After there FAQ; to bring variety to the game, does anyone expect them to not be doing an similar FAQ right now? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like that Scum gets an aces pack ala Imp Vets, Heroes etc.

It is long overdue, but the "fixes" contained within is a kick in the face of those who favor the Imperial faction.

Not only is Lorrir's ability buffed and transferred to Scum, the RGT Title is also buffed and given to Scum, on top of that we currently live in OP Jumpmaster and RebelStress hell.

 

But I digress.

One thing is for sure, this expansion (and 8th edition) is pushing people (not me, I'm done with that) back to 40K in my local group - and it sucks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Marinealver said:

Would that be the same thing as that super secret society that that cloaked figure next to the briefing officer is a member of?

Yes.  The Order Of the Emperor were all known GunGoat enthusiasts.  See Stele, Maarek.

The Imperial Academy's motto should be changed to "No Shields, All Guts (until you learn the secret handshake)"

Edited by FTS Gecko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Keffisch said:

I like that Scum gets an aces pack ala Imp Vets, Heroes etc.

It is long overdue, but the "fixes" contained within is a kick in the face of those who favor the Imperial faction.

Not only is Lorrir's ability buffed and transferred to Scum, the RGT Title is also buffed and given to Scum, on top of that we currently live in OP Jumpmaster and RebelStress hell.

 

But I digress.

One thing is for sure, this expansion (and 8th edition) is pushing people (not me, I'm done with that) back to 40K in my local group - and it sucks.

It is having a push in my crew too, but it's a push away from thinking fondly of the competitive element of the game, casual is fun still as we deemed last night anti-Scum and you couldn't field any....sad the pre-buff Kiraxeraxzeax got swept up in our resentment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Keffisch said:

Not only is Lorrir's ability buffed and transferred to Scum, the RGT Title is also buffed and given to Scum, on top of that we currently live in OP Jumpmaster and RebelStress hell.

Lorrir gets the option of either banks or straight for barrel roll, does he not? This mandated one is closer to Echo's pilot ability but for barrel rolls instead of decloak.

The kirhaxz fix is only guilty of being a lack of new ideas on ffg's part.

 

I feel that all the resentment harbored towards scum and ffg wouldn't be here except for the recent scum winnings... Nobody would be crying about this fix pack if an imperial list had won worlds.

As for me and my game community, we gladly welcome this pack. It's much needed for some older ships, and while it won't solve every problem to the game, it solves two. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, VanderLegion said:

The protectorate would like a word with you.

Andt he other 3 have been aced (or epiced) because they were pretty much worthless before.

 

Yeah you got me, I meant from the wave 6 originals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just seeing a lot of people here complaining, and not playing... everyone complaining about the lists in top 16 at worlds. Those are just 16 players in all the world, there are plenty more players, **** it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, VanderLegion said:

Rebels have 2 same as imperials. Heroes of the resistance was their second aces pack.

You are completely right, I just don't think of HotR that way but it definitely is.  Does get me thinking, I wonder how FFG views Most Wanted. I certainly wouldn't consider it an aces pack but I wonder if, due to its make-up and packaging and all, they consider as one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...