Jump to content

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Sparks Duh said:

Hate to break it to ya, but Conquest is dead...

There you go promoting that gamer myth.  Just because a game is no longer produced doesn't mean that it's "dead" and can't be played, or picked up somewhere else, or even play it over an electronic system, like OCTGN.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

There you go promoting that gamer myth.  Just because a game is no longer produced doesn't mean that it's "dead" and can't be played, or picked up somewhere else, or even play it over an electronic system, like OCTGN.

Not a myth. When a card game no longer produces cards for the game, it is dead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sparks Duh said:

Not a myth. When a card game no longer produces cards for the game, it is dead.

You appear to have a different definition of 'dead' to me.  If people are still playing the game, it isn't 'dead'.

This comes from years of playing Battletch tabletop game when it was not being officially produced.  Now it still isn't dead but is also getting more material.

Going around saying something is dead is a way to hasten its demise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

You appear to have a different definition of 'dead' to me.  If people are still playing the game, it isn't 'dead'.

This comes from years of playing Battletch tabletop game when it was not being officially produced.  Now it still isn't dead but is also getting more material.

Going around saying something is dead is a way to hasten its demise.

It isn't dead!  Its just sleeping!  It is on a new card Hiatus!

To be fair, people kept playing Doomtown, at GenCon, as a tournament every year from the end of it being produced until Doomtown Reloaded came out.  I still consider that game to have been dead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mirith said:

It isn't dead!  Its just sleeping!  It is on a new card Hiatus!

To be fair, people kept playing Doomtown, at GenCon, as a tournament every year from the end of it being produced until Doomtown Reloaded came out.  I still consider that game to have been dead.

Fair enough, I suppose, different definitions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in the "not completely dead as long as there is a community playing the game" camp (especially when there are efforts to make new cards, as with Conquest for a time - I don't know if it's still the case, though).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Mirith said:

It isn't dead!  Its just sleeping!  It is on a new card Hiatus!

To be fair, people kept playing Doomtown, at GenCon, as a tournament every year from the end of it being produced until Doomtown Reloaded came out.  I still consider that game to have been dead.

It's just resting!  It's pining for the fjords!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I've heard the OCTGN module for L5R will be available after GenCon... Can we have a confirmation of this ?

I mean, there are a lot of people that are interested in L5R for OCTGN, so just a few words about what is going on would be great. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First of all, let me say I'm very thankful to all the guys that contribute to the OCTGN module. Like a lot of us, I'm all excited at the idea to finally being able to play extensively to L5R before we get the coresets in our hands.

But as I just said, the community is very excited, the expectations are high, so I must say it is really unpleasant to not hear about the developpment of the L5R module. It does not cost anything to say a few words about how it is going and when it is going to be released. I mean the hard work is being done for the community to use, so keep the community in touch !

Secondly, it does not take much time to enter all the cards in a deckbuilder. So no I'm not excited by what you are showing us. I mean, anyone committed (that includes a lot of people) can take just one whole evening and enter all the cards in a deckbuilder.

Yes there is bitterness in this message, but we are all kind of taken into hostages here. We don't necessarly need all the automations to be there at the release of the module. So I guess anyone here could take a week to make a module with the cards, but we're not doing it because, well, you're supposed to do it. But we don't know what you do and when you'll do it. You can admit it is a bit sick...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Katsutoshi said:

Yes there is bitterness in this message, but we are all kind of taken into hostages here. We don't necessarly need all the automations to be there at the release of the module. So I guess anyone here could take a week to make a module with the cards, but we're not doing it because, well, you're supposed to do it. But we don't know what you do and when you'll do it. You can admit it is a bit sick...

What did I just read?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Katsutoshi said:

Yes there is bitterness in this message, but we are all kind of taken into hostages here. We don't necessarly need all the automations to be there at the release of the module. So I guess anyone here could take a week to make a module with the cards, but we're not doing it because, well, you're supposed to do it. But we don't know what you do and when you'll do it. You can admit it is a bit sick...

I'm as excited as you are, and clearly waiting eagerly for the release of the module (I even proposed myself as beta-tester, something I never really like to do because it's real work ;)). 

But from being excited to be demanding, there's a big difference. They are doing it for free, for their entertainment first, and we don't really have a say in that. They may announce today that the entire module has been scrapped, and it would still be in their full rights to do so.

Nothing stops you from creating your module (as you said, it will take you only a week or so) and release it. FFG may come down on you (they clearly prefer this kind of tools to be live after release of the hard copies) but that would be your choice. Actually, I demand that you create the module and please give us daily updates. 

Edited by franzvong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...