Ragudaddy

Inaugural Gencon Tournament already full.

This was a horrible experience :/

Literally the reason I bought a badge for GenCon.. and now I don't even know if I want to go.

Is there any plausible way to get my hands on prerelease at the con anyway? 

uuuuuuuuuuuggggggghhhhhh

Yeah, we need to hear from FFG ASAP if they will have copies available at the Con even outside of the tournement.  If there are not, I'm going to cancel.  It sold out within seconds.  I clicked to submit exactly when it opened, and still couldn't make it in.

10 minutes ago, dalarpguy42 said:

Yeah, we need to hear from FFG ASAP if they will have copies available at the Con even outside of the tournement.  If there are not, I'm going to cancel.  It sold out within seconds.  I clicked to submit exactly when it opened, and still couldn't make it in.

I thought they were going to surprise us with a full release?

17 minutes ago, Ragudaddy said:

AEG, PLEASE add more tickets.

AGE doesn't really have much say anymore.

I agree, it is very disheartening. As with many here, the L5R relaunch was the reason I decided to go to GenCon. Not sure what to do now that I can't participate. 

I hit F5 and sumbit right at noon. Was over 3000 in queue. Didnt get into any of the three tournaments.

This was my only reason to go. Now I have no clue what to do

According to the L5R discord, there is a guy that bought an additional 19 tickets for the Thursday event, and plans to auction off the tickets.  I really hope that is a hoax.  That is bull if it's real

4 minutes ago, shashasha said:

Get generic tickets, don't buy the scalped ones, and just show up.  Don't feed the monster. :)

I don't think generics will get you into the release event.

1 minute ago, Ragudaddy said:

They will get you into almost anything, but the chances of you getting into this with Generics is basically nil

It just leaves me feeling so disheartened.  This was my number 1 spot on my wish list.  Just like so many, this was the only reason that I wanted to spend the money to go to the con.  Hanging out with my fellow clan members representing, and being a show of force at the release party.  $115 internet bill for amazing speed and nothing.  Just staggering that there are so many who took spots maybe 3 seconds before I pressed submit.  I really don't know if I even want to checkout with the one other event that still hasn't sold out an hour after event registration opening.

2 minutes ago, Ragudaddy said:

If space is open then (in the past) you should be able to pay the fee and get in.

15 minutes ago, theninthguardian said:

Scalpers are scum. I hope he gets metaphorically burned at the stake. I'm also mad at FFG for again underestimating the popularity of one of their new products. 350 for the Inaugural was obviously and woefully inadequate.

To be honest, I'm more upset with the Gen Con people for not anticipating the server load. It's the 50th Anniversary and FFG is having their biggest LCG launch ever.

3 minutes ago, Danwarr said:

To be honest, I'm more upset with the Gen Con people for not anticipating the server load. It's the 50th Anniversary and FFG is having their biggest LCG launch ever.

I think their system worked just fine. Saved your spot in the queue so if you personally had issues, the server kept track. 

Just now, Malraza said:

I think their system worked just fine. Saved your spot in the queue so if you personally had issues, the server kept track. 

I heard some people got bumped back etc.

3 minutes ago, Toqtamish said:

I had no issues but I also did not F5 at 12. Button went live on it's own and just pushed it. 350 is a huge event. And it sold out. Even x-wing has tickets still available for now. 

All of FFG's other LCG Tournaments actually still have open slots.

Same as everyone else. Me and 3 friends going back to Gencon for the first time in 11 years, specifically for L5R. All of us hit submit as soon as the button was live, only event we got in was the seminar :(