Sign in to follow this  
piznit

All Your Focus Tokens Are Belong To Us

Is there a scenario where you could get more than 10 focus tokens in one round to Kanan?

So far the highest I can figure is Kanan with Op Spec and Jyn with 3 SnapShot A's.  In a perfect round, each A would miss a Snapshot (3 focus), then Kanan's action would be Jyn (3 focus), Kanan misses his combat shot (1 focus), each A-wing misses in combat (3 focus).

I tried combos like Garven with astromech Snapshot, or Kyle donating tokens, but couldn't get any higher.  Anyone figure out something better?

Here's 11!

Kanan w/ Jyn, Rey, EI

Kyle w/ Op Spec

Green w/ SS

Bandit

1 from Kanan's action, 3 from EI->Jyn, 1 from Rey.  2 from Green shot + Snap Shot, 1 from Bandit shot, 1 from Kyle shot, 1 from Kyle ability, 1 from Kanan shot.

Spamming Ops Spec and Snapshot can lead to some ridiculous totals:

93 points

Kanan w/ Ops Spec, Jyn Erso, Experimental Interface

Sabine (TIE) w/ title, Ops Spec, Snapshot

Kyle Katarn w/ Ops Spec, Snapshot

Kanan focuses, EI to trigger Jyn = 4 focus

Kyle focus, pass to Kanan with ability = +1 focus = 5 total

2 snapshots in activation, both miss, trigger 3x copies of Ops Spec = +6 focus = 11 total

3 attacks in combat, all 3 miss, each triggering 3x Ops Spec = +9 focus = 20 total

26 minutes ago, Transmogrifier said:

Spamming Ops Spec and Snapshot can lead to some ridiculous totals:

Oh good call.  I forgot about stacking Op Spec. How about this 99pt build then:

Kanan w/ Op Spec, Baze

Sabine (TIE) w/ SS, Title, Op Spec

Cassian w/ SS, Op Spec, Jyn

Kanan action for F (1)

Cassian activates Jyn on Kanan (+3 = 4)

Cassian SS misses (+3 = 7)

Sabine SS misses (+3 = 10)

Cassian shot misses (+3 = 13)

Kanan shot misses (+3 = 16)

Kanan's Baze shot misses (+3 = 19)

Sabine shot misses (+3 = 22)

30 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

Since Kanan's ability only triggers once per attack, and since you can only place one on Rey every turn, is there a compelling reason to have that many at once beyond trying to set a record?

In a standard 100 point game, the most he could utilize would be 21.

He can spend 4 on offense if he modifies both TLT shots.  He can spend 8 for his ability, if he's facing a TIE/Z-95/M3A-Light swarm.  He can then be the target of all 8 attacks, at R1-2, obstructed, and roll a focus each time, spending 8 on defense.  He could then potentially toss one back to Rey.

32 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

Since Kanan's ability only triggers once per attack, and since you can only place one on Rey every turn, is there a compelling reason to have that many at once beyond trying to set a record?

Yes, and its a great reason.  My friend boggles at the fact I carry so many tokens around to play games, he says you don't need than 6-7 focus tokens.  I feel compelled to prove otherwise :), if only to prove him wrong, WRONG!!

So I now fully plan to implement one of these strategies, accumulate stacks and stacks of unusable focus tokens, and lose in a glorious blaze

1 hour ago, piznit said:

Yes, and its a great reason.  My friend boggles at the fact I carry so many tokens around to play games, he says you don't need than 6-7 focus tokens.  I feel compelled to prove otherwise :), if only to prove him wrong, WRONG!!

So I now fully plan to implement one of these strategies, accumulate stacks and stacks of unusable focus tokens, and lose in a glorious blaze

I tell my grand-children at least once a day that it is good to have goals ... :P

4 hours ago, piznit said:

Now THIS is how you play X-Wing.