Sign in to follow this  
Reiga

Tips for DYI cards?

Hey everyone! I'm looking into printing a couple Crane decks for play with friends tomorrow, do you have any tips or tricks as to how this is best done?

What programs do you use? How wide do you set the margins?

Your advice is appreciated!

I used to copy images into Microsoft Word and fiddle with the image size from there.  Can't recall the exact sizes but I was able to get nine cards per sheet of paper.  A standard playing card is about 3-7/16" by 2-7/16" so a little bit smaller than that is your best bet.  Cut out the card and put them in sleeves along with a real card of some sort to get the proper backing.

I have all cards in word document, size is 5.3 x 8.7 cm like ccg cards. gonna go and print them and put them together with ccg cards into sleeves. Would be cool if there was a complete known rules file somwhere for reference sake.

6 hours ago, Reiga said:

Hey everyone! I'm looking into printing a couple Crane decks for play with friends tomorrow, do you have any tips or tricks as to how this is best done?

What programs do you use? How wide do you set the margins?

Your advice is appreciated!

Sake House Brawl guys have a proxy collection on their page in the links. Not sure it's updated with yesterday's batch yet, should be soon though.

Linky!

If you copy paste the cards into word, and scale their image to 3.5" that's a pretty decent fit. The other dimension should auto size to follow the 3.5".

Edited by Moto Subodei

6 hours ago, Moto Subodei said:

If you copy paste the cards into word, and scale their image to 3.5" that's a pretty decent fit. The other dimension should auto size to follow the 3.5".

I would actually set the width of the card to 2.3 (this should auto size the height to 3.2.  This makes them slightly smaller than the actual cards and easy to sleeve in with another card.

2 hours ago, JRosen9 said:

I would actually set the width of the card to 2.3 (this should auto size the height to 3.2.  This makes them slightly smaller than the actual cards and easy to sleeve in with another card.

If you are looking to cut carefully I use 3.5 and its perfect. Going smaller deffo has an advantage if you want to do quick and dirty cuts.

I recommend using PowerPoint because you can fit about 6 cards on one page when you print. As for sizes I would also recommend going a bit on the small side so you have more space to cut. 

38 minutes ago, kiramode said:

I recommend using PowerPoint because you can fit about 6 cards on one page when you print. As for sizes I would also recommend going a bit on the small side so you have more space to cut. 

With microsoft word and undersizing the cards slightly you should be able to fit 9 per page.

29 minutes ago, JRosen9 said:

With microsoft word and undersizing the cards slightly you should be able to fit 9 per page.

I just copy all the images I want to print into a new folder, duplicating or triplicating the images if necessary.

Then I highlight the image files, click to print, 9 tile "wallet" option and size to fit (if you prefer, because keeping card borders intact helps with cutting mistakes but makes text smaller.) 

Grab some scissors and some junk cards for backers. Turn on Netflix and snip away.