Caldias

Path to Carcosa now "At the Printer"

Rules are meant to be broken! Haven't you learned anything? We are all just insignificant bags of meat and juices treading an endless cosmic ocean of chaos. There are no other absolutes cahthgla ia mmnthal'phn fthagn...

Edited by Soakman

This is kind of weird argument since it is all theoretical.  Just as a reminder that there is no indication that FFG is releasing a card with this ability or even plans to.

1.  If FFG never releases a card that says this, the case is moot.

2.  If FFG does release a card that lets you redirect direct damage explicitly, we would all know 1.  That you can redirect direct damage as stated on the card and 2.  an errata would most likely be forthcoming to the RR.  3.  The stars have aligned and we are all in deep trouble.

3 hours ago, Slothgodfather said:

I disagree.  Any rule - even "Cannot" - can be overridden with the proper wording.  All TG would need to say is "Direct damage assigned to another investigator at your location can be assigned to True Grit instead" and voila - we have card text that overrides written rules text.  The Golden Rule in the rule book stats that card text can override any rule, this would include this.

Disagree all you like. Various effects bypass cannot by subtly altering the effect so it isn't doing what you cannot do, such as the way Forbidden Knowledge can be used even if you cannot "gain" resources, because it isn't formally gaining resources.

But something like Elusive, that instructs you to move to a revealed location with no enemies, does not allow you to move to a location with no enemies to which investigators cannot move.

True Grit reassigning damage, but not damage that cannot be reassigned, is pretty much exactly why the cannot rule exists.

The golden rule would only apply if a card explicitly said something like, "this effect can reassign damage that cannot be reassigned." Which would be silly, but more importantly, True Grit does not say that. Therefore, True Grit can't reassign direct damage.

I don't see much point in debating things the cards don't actually say, ir cards that don't exist.

1 hour ago, Jobu said:

This is kind of weird argument since it is all theoretical. 

Theoretical is the best kind!  Because facts generally end other arguments.  As such, I had already agreed with the consensus that TG isn't changing anything and it functions as you say it is. 

9 minutes ago, BD Flory said:

Disagree all you like. ...

The golden rule would only apply if a card explicitly said something like, "this effect can reassign damage that cannot be reassigned." Which would be silly, but more importantly, True Grit does not say that. Therefore, True Grit can't reassign direct damage.

I don't see much point in debating things the cards don't actually say, ir cards that don't exist.

I think it's too funny that you don't see a point in debating it but continue to make your point ;)   It's also funny that you say "disagree all you like" but then give me an example of what wording would do the trick to let the Golden Rule overrule the "cannot" absolute.   Anyways, I think we can all agree that the quality of this discussion has degraded to a point where it isn't actually providing any worth - theoretical or not.    I feel compelled to get it going into a healthier direction, so, consider our new Mystic Akcahi - who can use level 0 "Occult" cards.   

ahc11-akachi-onyele-back.png

And in Carcosa, we get access to an occult card:

ahc11-archaic-glyphs.png

Looking at Strange Solution - which comes with a hefty XP cost once you've solved it - what do you guys think will result from "translating the glyphs"?   Will it be worth it for Akachi to include and solve or will the result be an Occult card that she can't include due to an XP cost?

5 minutes ago, Slothgodfather said:

ahc11-akachi-onyele-back.png

Looking at Strange Solution - which comes with a hefty XP cost once you've solved it - what do you guys think will result from "translating the glyphs"?   Will it be worth it for Akachi to include and solve or will the result be an Occult card that she can't include due to an XP cost?

With no knowledge, my gut says that the card will upgrade to a level 4 seeker card which has "uses (charges)"

9 minutes ago, Slothgodfather said:

I think it's too funny that you don't see a point in debating it but continue to make your point ;)  

I was discussing True Grit, and what it actually says (and doesn't say), not hypothetical effects.

Back to the core topic.  I am now convinced that we won't see PtC until GenCon.

Whether they release it generally to everyone during gencon, or the week after or in September is up in the air.  Its always bad to hold onto product, especially with more stuff coming in.

2 hours ago, AsahinaMaebure said:

I am hopeful that PtC is available at GenCon. I would love to get it and brew up a new deck before my go at Labrynths of Lunacy!

Not to get your hopes up, but I am sure that it will be out at Gencon.  It will have been on the boat for 6 weeks at that time and thats a long time for this game.

Its just the more general release that I am wondering about.

On 7/28/2017 at 2:33 PM, Jobu said:

Not to get your hopes up, but I am sure that it will be out at Gencon.  It will have been on the boat for 6 weeks at that time and thats a long time for this game.

Its just the more general release that I am wondering about.

I won't be surprised either way.  They have stuff airdropped in limited quantities for gencon sometimes.  Like the L5R pre-release

Any new info on when we will be seeing this? My preorder on this is holding up a bunch of the latter packs for Dunwich!

Im new to FFG LCGs, before this I'd not found one that seemed worth the investment. Where will the release date first be announced ?

16 hours ago, Big Tom Casual said:

Im new to FFG LCGs, before this I'd not found one that seemed worth the investment. Where will the release date first be announced ?

It'll hit FFG's "upcoming" page about two weeks before it drops: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/upcoming/

Edited by BD Flory

6 minutes ago, BD Flory said:

It'll hit FFG's "upcoming" page about two weeks before it drops: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/upcoming/

Oooh that's very helpful. Bookmarked!

I think despite the price I'm going to end up doing that Team Covenant subscription, just to avoid future anxiety :-) 

On 8/18/2017 at 5:40 PM, Caldias said:

They put Carcosa back on the boat :(

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/upcoming/

I'm sure it's an error, but was kinda funny when I checked today.

Perhaps it never got off. Perhaps the world you saw, the world where the product was shipping, was but a prophecy: A vision of what could be yours, if you but bend your knee and swear fealty to the Yellow King!

Edited by rsdockery

5 hours ago, Aldus said:

Still no ETA?!

Why?! (=because of those bloody samurai?! :ph34r:)

The last article said "later this month".  Decent chance it lands tomorrow, FFG rarely gets that specific unless things are locked down.