Sign in to follow this  
player2456237

Thoughts on Guri

I have always run Guri with Lone Wolf or Predator, AT, Virago and Sensor Jammer. A defensive list that packs a punch if you ignore her.

However, with multiple focus stacking thanks to attanni is Sensor Jammer the best choice now?

I was wondering about Outmaneuver and FCS. What do you recon? Is it time to re-think Guri?

I think it heavily depends what the rest of your list looks like. The nice thing about Guri is you can make just about anything work with her; predator, lone wolf, atanni, PTL. It just depends on what you bring to back her up. 

Its even not that crazy to load her up for one incredibly powerful adv proton torpedo shot, especially now that scavenger crane can get her more shots. 

If you do end up using sensor jammer I like taking a ship that can take hot shot co pilot and/or Palob to strip focus off enemy ships so the jammer really does its job. 

What other ships are you planning to run with her? 

I love running Guri with expertise, title, advanced sensors, autothrusters and if I decide to boost her up do adv. torps and scavenger crane. Just throw a heavy punch and keep the focus for defense. I have also tried fearlessness on her and it makes it a bit challenging trying to keep her alive for what becomes a 6 dice shot. You could put on OM and FCS for a more dependable one trick pony. However with her low pilot skill and with how many arc dodgy ships out there its hit or miss on how it may work.

On 5/24/2017 at 5:38 AM, Phanto Fiend said:

Its even not that crazy to load her up for one incredibly powerful adv proton torpedo shot, especially now that scavenger crane can get her more shots. 

What other ships are you planning to run with her? 

M3-A Interceptor: Tansarii Point Veteran (17)
     Attanni Mindlink (1)
     Shield Upgrade (4)
     "Heavy Scyk" Interceptor (2)
     "Mangler" Cannon (4)
M3-A Interceptor: Tansarii Point Veteran (17)
     Attanni Mindlink (1)
     Shield Upgrade (4)
     "Heavy Scyk" Interceptor (2)
     "Mangler" Cannon (4)
StarViper: · Guri (30)
     Attanni Mindlink (1)
     Advanced Proton Torpedoes (6)
     Autothrusters (2)
     · Virago (1)
     Fire Control System (2)
     Scavenger Crane (2)
-- TOTAL ------- 100/100p. --

Or swap shields for HLC.  Or laugh at scyks if that's not your thing.

I'm curious about the upcoming shield regen.  Right off the bat, the tradeoff from losing autothrusters is a big consideration on a monster 44pt ship.  Add the ion effect and it gets a little spookier.  

But...  

Guri's got focus for days, and if he's not stressed, he'll get a barrel or boost after the ion.... Could be fun.