C3POFETT

C3POFETT'S Miniatures

44 posts in this topic

Han, Luke and Leia:

I gave my Han Solo an "Empire Strikes Back" paint scheme. This was to fit in with the majority of Hero Villain packs.

He was one my favorite action figures as a kid along with Lando and Obi Wan Kenobi.

Han.jpg

Belvasques and Force Majeure like this

Some of my Custom 3D skirmish build decals and structures.

The Tattooine huts shown have not been sanded or painted yet. No doors put on yet. Working on cutting out windows and illuminating them.

The huts are made from cardboard, foam core and wall compound. Takes about 3 days to make due 24 hour to drying time.

DS_LABELS_1.jpgDS_LABELS_2.jpgTattooine_Hut.jpg

Etheneus and Force Majeure like this

On 2017年8月24日 at 4:35 PM, Etheneus said:

...I'm not even sorry for stealing this idea for my own elite troopers. 

Great job!

Thank you.  I am happy that some one appreciated the customization although I am surprised that I never saw this done with any one elses miniatures. 

Well for starter it looks great and it's obvious that every squad needs a commander so thematically it's very fitting too. 

But I agree on your other point too. How can none have thought of this. Obviously I'm no better. Though, I have removed a head from a saboteur and put it on a rebel trooper to make them a bit less like clone. Not painted yet. 

C3POFETT likes this

On 2017年9月9日 at 11:10 AM, Belvasques said:

Wow, I loved the minis painting. Congratulations are beautiful

Cheers. I appreciate the kind words. Have been away for a while. Hurricane Irma really sent us for a loop. But thats the price you pay for residing in the "Sunshine State".

Belvasques likes this

On 2017年8月26日 at 4:32 AM, Etheneus said:

Well for starter it looks great and it's obvious that every squad needs a commander so thematically it's very fitting too. 

But I agree on your other point too. How can none have thought of this. Obviously I'm no better. Though, I have removed a head from a saboteur and put it on a rebel trooper to make them a bit less like clone. Not painted yet. 

Brilliant idea on swapping heads. I hope you were able to create these new figures without it costing too much. I believe one could find a WotC miniature that is inexpensive enough to sacrifice for the rebellion! 

I have purchased a set of X-Wing pilots to supplement a trio of Rebel Troopers and a trio of Tie Fighter pilots. I mave also purchased a trio of Mon Calamari Mercs to supplement a trio of Rebel Sabotuers and a trio of AT-AT drivers to supplement Snow Troopers. I have plenty of figures for a game but I like being able to mix up the look of the game.

Etheneus likes this

Can't say I'd thought much about the elite troopers, but I've already found myself using Wizards of the Coast minis for the Rebel Saboteurs in my campaign; specifically, Juno Eclipse and some random Duros with a blaster (I've forgotten what was printed on his base/card, but he makes a good saboteur). I'm okay with a uniform look for troopers, but saboteurs should look more diverse, in my opinion.  Likewise, if I have multiple Alliance Smugglers on the map for skirmish, I guarantee one of them will be Dash Rendar; ****, if I use the elite version in a campaign at some point, I'll probably use Dash there, too...

Some of the Wizards minis really did look pretty good.  Bespin Luke works great to give a more visual aspect to Rebel Luke's "saber strike" ability.  And, if I use Jar Jar as the Rebel Captive in Imperial Hospitality, maybe the Rebels will just let me kill him?

12 hours ago, MarekMandalore said:

Some of the Wizards minis really did look pretty good.  Bespin Luke works great to give a more visual aspect to Rebel Luke's "saber strike" ability.  And, if I use Jar Jar as the Rebel Captive in Imperial Hospitality, maybe the Rebels will just let me kill him?

I have supplemented some figures using Wizards minis. For a custom Skirmish/Campaign I have created a Zuckuss and 4-LOM card and found WotC minis that fit in perfectly. I made custom cards for several characters that we wanted to see in the game but weren't. They can be seen in another thread. I have purchased WotC minis for all cards that I made. Most minis did require a repaint but they do fit in nicely. Some characters we wanted to include weren't possible because we couldn't find a decent enough mini.

Here is my Alliance Smuggler. I painted one up as a "Wedge Antilles" since I could not find a suitable miniature through Wizards of the Coast.

My Alliance Smuggler was more of a Rogue One design.

all_smug.jpg

all_smug_2.jpg

Etheneus and 54NCH32 like this

Here are my Hoth heroes along with an alternate paint scheme. The second Loku is still a work in progress.

I went for a 2-1B paint scheme as opposed to the card paint scheme.

hoth.jpg

hoth_2.jpg

Edited by C3POFETT
Force Majeure and Etheneus like this

Here are the Twin Shadows and Bespin Gambit heroes along with their alternate paint schemes.

If you look closely my alternate Biv has found a rare piece of Scarif Trooper armor. I really liked the look of them and I hope they add them to the game.

heros.jpgheros_2.jpg

Etheneus likes this

I have been looking forward to getting my Heart of the Empire box sets and will be painting them up soon.

I cant decide if I should give Emperor Palpatine a Deep Blue coat with a Black wash (Kenner Figure) or a Black coat with a Deep Blue wash.

Thoughts or advice?

The West End/Kenner influence on your work is unmistakable. Speaking as someone who only got into the hobby of gaming because of them.

Edited by TauntaunScout